Windows 10: Bluescreen when playing video games.

Discus and support Bluescreen when playing video games. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello I have had this problem for like a month now. While gaming I sometimes get a bluescreen out of nowhere. I did some reseach on the internet... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by FBeans, Sep 6, 2020.

1. FBeans Win User

Bluescreen when playing video games.

Hello

I have had this problem for like a month now.

While gaming I sometimes get a bluescreen out of nowhere.

I did some reseach on the internet and read the possible solutions such as updating drivers, malware or outdated drivers still on my pc.

After trying my best for two days I gave up and reinstalled windows but it still didn't help because my pc still crashes with the same two blue screens.

I manually checked the drivers so I doubt it is that.

The two blue screen I get are: I used BlueScreenViewer

- IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL caused by ntoskrnl.exe

I get this one the most.

- SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED caused by nvlddmkm.sys

I already tried going to the store where I bought my pc parts and they did some quick test like I did at home and said they didn't see anything odd.

They told me they weren't able to help me unless I left it there for 2-3 weeks.

During these times I can't miss my pc for that long.

I hope someone can help :

Kind regards

:)

FBeans, Sep 6, 2020
  2. Erika Aro Win User

Bluescreen mainly when playing games

Hi Tobias,

We're unable to view and download the dump files. When video games cause bluescreens, then we have to check the game's minimum and recommended system requirements. To help us further, we'd like to know the following information:

• What are the names of the games causing bluescreens?
    • Could you tell what antivirus program you are using?
    • Are you using a client to launch games or they are standalone?
    • Were there any changes, recent updates, and newly installed applications on your device that may have triggered this?
    • To avoid repetition, can you provide us with all the troubleshooting steps that you've done so far?
    • Have you tried playing and using Teamspeak one at a time?

In the meantime, we recommend following the solution on this link to troubleshoot blue screen errors.
    We look forward to your reply.

Erika Aro, Sep 6, 2020
  3. losing audio when playing video games

Hi,

To isolate what's causing the issue you're experiencing, kindly provide us with some additional details:

• Were there any recent software or hardware changes made to your system prior to the issue?
    • Have you done any troubleshooting steps in trying to resolve it?
    • Do you experience the issue only when you're playing a certain video game?

Awaiting for your response.

Joanna 777, Sep 6, 2020
  4. Amit_Sun Win User

video not playing

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

1. May I know, which video player you are using to play the video?
    2. Are you able to play the video on any other computer?
    3. Are you facing the issue with only specific video or with all the other videos?

This issue could also occur when the USB or SD card is corrupted when you have transferred the video.

Try the troubleshooting methods provided below to further narrow down the root cause of the issue.

Method 1: Try a different video player.

1. Try to use a different USB to transfer the video, if you are playing it on other computer or device.
    2. I suggest you to try a different video player and check if it plays.
    3. You can also check on different device or computer.

Step: Run Windows Media player troubleshooter.

1. Press Windows + R key on your keyboard together.
    2. Copy and paste the below command and run each at a time and follow the onscreen instruction on the troubleshooter
    3. msdt.exe -id WindowsMediaPlayerConfigurationDiagnostic
    4. msdt.exe -id WindowsMediaPlayerLibraryDiagnostic
    5. msdt.exe -id WindowsMediaPlayerDVDDiagnostic
    6. Reboot the computer and check.
    If you still face the issue, reply to this post with more information.

Hope it helps,

Amit Sunar

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Amit_Sun, Sep 6, 2020
Thema:

1. Bluescreen when playing video games. - Similar Threads - Bluescreen playing video

2. PC crashing when playing video games, no bluescreen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC crashing when playing video games, no bluescreen: Hello,Recently my PC has been crashing when playing video games and it’s getting progressively worse where I cannot even open any games without a crash.There is no bluescreen, my PC stays on and everything is on except my screen goes black and resets. I’ve done a stress test...
  3. PC crashing when playing video games, no bluescreen

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    PC crashing when playing video games, no bluescreen: Hello,Recently my PC has been crashing when playing video games and it’s getting progressively worse where I cannot even open any games without a crash.There is no bluescreen, my PC stays on and everything is on except my screen goes black and resets. I’ve done a stress test...
  4. PC crashing when playing video games, no bluescreen

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Bluescreen when playing games DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bluescreen when playing games DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION: My computer always cause blue screens when running games these days.I got the minidump files and try to analyze them by WinDbg, but I failed.Could anyone help me to figure out what happened?Here's a zip file of all minidump...
  6. Bluescreen when playing games DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION

Bluescreen when playing games DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION: My computer always cause blue screens when running games these days.I got the minidump files and try to analyze them by WinDbg, but I failed.Could anyone help me to figure out what happened?Here's a zip file of all minidump...
  7. BlueScreen WHEN I PLAY GAMES

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BlueScreen WHEN I PLAY GAMES: Windows Description Faulting Application Path: C:\Windows\System32\WerFault.exe Creation Time: 29/12/2022 09:33:19 p. m. Problem: Shut down unexpectedly Status: Informe enviado Problem signature Problem Event Name: BlueScreen Code: d1 Parameter 1: ffffb6143ac85968 Parameter...
  8. BlueScreen WHEN I PLAY GAMES

BlueScreen WHEN I PLAY GAMES: Windows Description Faulting Application Path: C:\Windows\System32\WerFault.exe Creation Time: 29/12/2022 09:33:19 p. m. Problem: Shut down unexpectedly Status: Informe enviado Problem signature Problem Event Name: BlueScreen Code: d1 Parameter 1: ffffb6143ac85968 Parameter...
  9. Bluescreen when playing games

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Bluescreen when playing games: Hi. Bluescreen pops up when playing games DMP files, system specs and hardware info packed and added https://drive.google.com/file/d/10Ah-nPjRz30RhdOlmeE0EfTqV_m7Yra1/view?usp=sharing New PC after 7 good years with old junk ;-; and can't play. Provider [ Name]...
  10. Windows bluescreen when playing game on fullscreen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows bluescreen when playing game on fullscreen: Hello. So i have a problem with my windows currently,whenever i tried to play game on fullscreen mode. I tried many way to fix it but it just keep happening,any solution for this problem ? Please help. Im using windows 10...