Windows 10: Bluescreen when walking away from PC

Discus and support Bluescreen when walking away from PC in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; For a few weeks now I have had a peculiar problem with my PC. When I get up from my desk for a few minutes, I often return to see that Windows has... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Phil_Schneider, Nov 9, 2018.

1. Bluescreen when walking away from PC

For a few weeks now I have had a peculiar problem with my PC. When I get up from my desk for a few minutes, I often return to see that Windows has restarted. In the system stability logs I see BlueScreen errors with the Code 1000007e.

These BlueScreens do not occur, when I'm sitting in front of it and using it regularly. My drivers are up-to-date as is my Windows 10 version. I also can't reproduce the BlueScreens as they occur seemingly random once I've stood up from the desk.

I'd be glad if someone could point me to the location of detailed error logs, so i can get to the root of the problem.

:)

Phil_Schneider, Nov 9, 2018

2. PC Build Steps

Ok just because I like steps i am going to create some steps. Please give me the stamp of approval/disapproval
    • Install system in case
      • Remember to connect SSD and optical to same SATA ports on motherboard
    • Turn on PC
    • setup HDD
    • run blend test in prime95 for 30-60 min
      • run realtemp at the same time
    • While in Prime95 test
      • if CPU goes above 70c in RealTemp, I have a leaky CPU
      • if my system locks up or blue screens, there is an instability in the system somewhere
      • if my system does not lock up or blue screen, my CPU is not damaged and I am in the clear!
    What do you guys think??

anandsap123, Nov 9, 2018
  3. Constant bluescreens - still not fixed

I don't think you understood my issue - my bluescreens are random, so I can't do a clean boot and provoke a bluescreen. I am not sure what the steps you suggested have anything to do with my problem and it is not clear how it will help. The PC does boot
    up normally, it just crashes randomly during the day.

I am pretty sure the issue is related to a driver that could be incompatible with Win 10. Please check the older threads to further understand the issue.

Thank you.

Sofia C. Rocha, Nov 9, 2018
  4. Ian Ser Win User

Bluescreen when walking away from PC

bluescreen error message wont allow access to desktop

Hi David,

To know what kind of troubleshooting steps would be applicable to your bluescreen error, please answer these questions:

• What is the exact error message showing on your end?
    • Were there any changes/updates to your device prior to the issue?
    • Any troubleshooting steps you've done so far to resolve the issue?

For now, you can have a look at the troubleshooting step on this link as an initial remedy to the bluescreen
    error you're receiving.

We'll be waiting for your updates.

Ian Ser, Nov 9, 2018
Thema:

Bluescreen when walking away from PC

1. Bluescreen when walking away from PC - Similar Threads - Bluescreen walking away

2. Walked away from computer and when i came back it and woke it up with mouse it restarted...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Walked away from computer and when i came back it and woke it up with mouse it restarted...: Walked away from my computer for a few minutes and came back to my monitors asleep and when I woke the computer started up like I just had turned it on so it must've crashedHere is minidump: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1pFYNxBj2A8qzL1eI4ikwgfswwYCIezjx/view?usp=sharing...
  3. Walked away from computer and when i came back it and woke it up with mouse it restarted...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Walked away from computer and when i came back it and woke it up with mouse it restarted...: Walked away from my computer for a few minutes and came back to my monitors asleep and when I woke the computer started up like I just had turned it on so it must've crashedHere is minidump: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1pFYNxBj2A8qzL1eI4ikwgfswwYCIezjx/view?usp=sharing...
  4. Wifi Loses Connection when I walk away from laptop, and the laptop will not show all...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wifi Loses Connection when I walk away from laptop, and the laptop will not show all...: Hi there, I was coming here for help because I have an outdated HP Laptop on Windows 11 and it seems every time I walk back, the Wifi would disconnect and I'd only be able to use the laptop where the Wifi Router/box is. Not only that, the Wifi connections, including my...
  5. Wifi Loses Connection when I walk away from laptop, and the laptop will not show all...

Wifi Loses Connection when I walk away from laptop, and the laptop will not show all...: Hi there, I was coming here for help because I have an outdated HP Laptop on Windows 11 and it seems every time I walk back, the Wifi would disconnect and I'd only be able to use the laptop where the Wifi Router/box is. Not only that, the Wifi connections, including my...
  6. Walk Away Mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Walk Away Mode: Hi,Does anyone see a "Walk Away Mode" with a 5 second countdown when your Windows 11 PC has been inactive for 60 seconds? I have gone through all the personalization and screen settings and all are set to "Never" yet my system still goes to sleep after 60 seconds. I have a...
  7. Walk Away Mode

Walk Away Mode: Hi,Does anyone see a "Walk Away Mode" with a 5 second countdown when your Windows 11 PC has been inactive for 60 seconds? I have gone through all the personalization and screen settings and all are set to "Never" yet my system still goes to sleep after 60 seconds. I have a...
  8. Windows Blue Screen Crash and reboot ONLY when i walk away from my computer

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows Blue Screen Crash and reboot ONLY when i walk away from my computer: Hi guys. Been suffering this blue screen error for a month or so now, it blue screens only when i walk away, never when im on the computer. Every time i come back to the computer its sitting at the login screen....
  9. Windows 10 Hello - Auto Locking when walking away

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 Hello - Auto Locking when walking away: Hello, we are having a weird problem on one of our machines Dell Latitude 7410. Whenever the user walks away from the machine, it takes exactly 60 seconds for the machine to lock. We have adjusted power settings, performed registry edits, but cannot get this to disable....
  10. When I walk away from my computer it blue screens

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    When I walk away from my computer it blue screens: It's a 50/50 chance that when I walk away from my computer, it'll blue screen. Every time it blue screens it goes to 100% and doesn't reboot. I have looked for a solution, but I haven't seen anyone else with this problem. Here is an image of the blue screen. Please...