Windows 10: Bluescreen while booting / Bad_System_config_message

Discus and support Bluescreen while booting / Bad_System_config_message in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello, from time to time I get a bluescreen when trying to boot my system. Which driver is causing this? Here is my minidump: BAD_SYSTEM_CONFIG_INFO... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Yeesha, Apr 15, 2019.

1. Yeesha Win User

Bluescreen while booting / Bad_System_config_message

Hello,

from time to time I get a bluescreen when trying to boot my system. Which driver is causing this? Here is my minidump:

BAD_SYSTEM_CONFIG_INFO 0x00000074 00000000`00000002 ffffa984`840f0330 00000000`00000002 ffffffff`c000009a ntoskrnl.exe ntoskrnl.exe+180940 NT Kernel & System Microsoft® Windows® Operating System Microsoft Corporation 10.0.16299.1087 (WinBuild.160101.0800) x64 ntoskrnl.exe+180940

:)

Yeesha, Apr 15, 2019

2. Constant bluescreens - still not fixed

I don't think you understood my issue - my bluescreens are random, so I can't do a clean boot and provoke a bluescreen. I am not sure what the steps you suggested have anything to do with my problem and it is not clear how it will help. The PC does boot
    up normally, it just crashes randomly during the day.

I am pretty sure the issue is related to a driver that could be incompatible with Win 10. Please check the older threads to further understand the issue.

Thank you.

Sofia C. Rocha, Apr 15, 2019
  3. GNJha Win User
    Boot Process

Hi,

Please suggest me a link that can explain the boot process step by step of ...

• Windows 7,
    • Windows 8.1,
    • Windows 10,
    • Windows Server 2008 R2 and
    • Windows Server 2012 R2

With Regards

InTech

GNJha, Apr 15, 2019
  4. Bluescreen while booting / Bad_System_config_message

bluescreen

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community.

I understand that it can be frustrating for you when the computer shows bluescreen errors. Bluescreen errors are usually caused due to faulty hardware or drivers. We will try to narrow down the cause of the issue by performing a few steps.

1. Do you get bluescreen errors randomly or while performing any specific actions such as playing a game or running any particular application?
    2. Do you see any error code along with the message “DRIVERS POWER STATE FAILURE”?
    3. Are there any external devices connected to your computer?

The usual causes for bluescreen errors are Graphic card drivers and Network adapter drivers. We can go ahead and try to update the drivers.

Refer the article Update drivers in Windows 10 on how to update Graphic card
    and Network drivers.

You may also refer the article Troubleshoot blue screen errors
    for additional troubleshooting steps to fix the issue.

You can reply to this post if you need further assistance

Hope it helps.

Muralidhar

Microsoft Community Moderator

Muralidhar_G, Apr 15, 2019
Thema:

Bluescreen while booting / Bad_System_config_message

1. Bluescreen while booting / Bad_System_config_message - Similar Threads - Bluescreen while booting

2. Bluescreen upon booting

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bluescreen upon booting: I receive a bluescreen before windows 11 can load, was able to get in via safe mode with network. Where do I go from there? Could not uninstall programs or check drivers in device manager...
  3. Bluescreen upon booting

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bluescreen upon booting: I receive a bluescreen before windows 11 can load, was able to get in via safe mode with network. Where do I go from there? Could not uninstall programs or check drivers in device manager...
  4. Bluescreen while using computer?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bluescreen while using computer?: Hi, recently my computer crashed twice while I was just using it. The first time it crashed I was just playing a video game, the second time it crashed I was just browsing the internet and running a benchmark in the background. If anyone can help me fix this, I would greatly...
  5. Bluescreen while using computer?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Bluescreen while using computer?: Hi, recently my computer crashed twice while I was just using it. The first time it crashed I was just playing a video game, the second time it crashed I was just browsing the internet and running a benchmark in the background. If anyone can help me fix this, I would greatly...
  6. Bluescreen while watching films

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bluescreen while watching films: So I have a problem with my device where when I watch a movie I get a blue screen. But when I play something or use the device the bluescreen does not appear. I would be happy to help.I have windows 10...
  7. Bluescreen while watching films

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Bluescreen while watching films: So I have a problem with my device where when I watch a movie I get a blue screen. But when I play something or use the device the bluescreen does not appear. I would be happy to help.I have windows 10...
  8. BlueScreen while idle

BlueScreen while idle: hey got some BSODs in the last few days when the system was idle or under very low loads like watching videos. here are 2 dumpfiles: file 1: https://1drv.ms/u/s!Ao4DQb0dYlNsjz7tLUpTRehcucuQ file 2: https://1drv.ms/u/s!Ao4DQb0dYlNsjz_SQO41ajmA6Zf7 this BSOD told me...
  9. Bluescreening while playing games.

Bluescreening while playing games.: Hello, Several times over the last few days, my computer has bluescreened while playing two different games. Using Event Viewer, I obtained this info on the crash: The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x00000050 0xffffc83a4438d388,...
  10. Bluescreen while browsing

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Bluescreen while browsing: I have this problem for over 1 year but before was happening only while I play games. Now it happens at least one time per day, bluescreen with code: IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL and sometimes something else. What i tried: - reinstall windows - update drivers - run memtest...