Windows 10: Bluescreen while booting / Bad_System_config_message

Discus and support Bluescreen while booting / Bad_System_config_message in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello, from time to time I get a bluescreen when trying to boot my system. Which driver is causing this? Here is my minidump: BAD_SYSTEM_CONFIG_INFO... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Yeesha, Apr 15, 2019.

1. Yeesha Win User

Bluescreen while booting / Bad_System_config_message

Hello,

from time to time I get a bluescreen when trying to boot my system. Which driver is causing this? Here is my minidump:

BAD_SYSTEM_CONFIG_INFO 0x00000074 00000000`00000002 ffffa984`840f0330 00000000`00000002 ffffffff`c000009a ntoskrnl.exe ntoskrnl.exe+180940 NT Kernel & System Microsoft® Windows® Operating System Microsoft Corporation 10.0.16299.1087 (WinBuild.160101.0800) x64 ntoskrnl.exe+180940

:)

Yeesha, Apr 15, 2019

2. Constant bluescreens - still not fixed

I don't think you understood my issue - my bluescreens are random, so I can't do a clean boot and provoke a bluescreen. I am not sure what the steps you suggested have anything to do with my problem and it is not clear how it will help. The PC does boot
    up normally, it just crashes randomly during the day.

I am pretty sure the issue is related to a driver that could be incompatible with Win 10. Please check the older threads to further understand the issue.

Thank you.

Sofia C. Rocha, Apr 15, 2019
  3. GNJha Win User
    Boot Process

Hi,

Please suggest me a link that can explain the boot process step by step of ...

• Windows 7,
    • Windows 8.1,
    • Windows 10,
    • Windows Server 2008 R2 and
    • Windows Server 2012 R2

With Regards

InTech

GNJha, Apr 15, 2019
  4. Bluescreen while booting / Bad_System_config_message

bluescreen

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community.

I understand that it can be frustrating for you when the computer shows bluescreen errors. Bluescreen errors are usually caused due to faulty hardware or drivers. We will try to narrow down the cause of the issue by performing a few steps.

1. Do you get bluescreen errors randomly or while performing any specific actions such as playing a game or running any particular application?
    2. Do you see any error code along with the message “DRIVERS POWER STATE FAILURE”?
    3. Are there any external devices connected to your computer?

The usual causes for bluescreen errors are Graphic card drivers and Network adapter drivers. We can go ahead and try to update the drivers.

Refer the article Update drivers in Windows 10 on how to update Graphic card
    and Network drivers.

You may also refer the article Troubleshoot blue screen errors
    for additional troubleshooting steps to fix the issue.

You can reply to this post if you need further assistance

Hope it helps.

Muralidhar

Microsoft Community Moderator

Muralidhar_G, Apr 15, 2019
Thema:

Bluescreen while booting / Bad_System_config_message

1. Bluescreen while booting / Bad_System_config_message - Similar Threads - Bluescreen while booting

2. KERNEL_MODE_HEAP_CORRUPTION Bluescreen, while Windows Defender is scanning!

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    KERNEL_MODE_HEAP_CORRUPTION Bluescreen, while Windows Defender is scanning!: Hi I face KERNEL_MODE_HEAP_CORRUPTION Bluescreen every time Windows Defender starts scanning... Windows Defender starts scanning my laptop, nothing happens until it reach some specific folders for scanning, and suddenly Windows go to Bluescreen. (I couldn't find the...
  3. Bluescreens

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Bluescreens: Hi, I have been getting bluescreens for some months and have tried my hand at some generic solutions. None of which seemed to work (and there is no restore point to before the problem) Please help this is the minidump (I think):...
  4. Surface Book 2 Bluescreen while shutting down

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Surface Book 2 Bluescreen while shutting down: Windows 10 Pro Insider Preview Evaluation copy. Build 18305.rs_prerelease.181213-2133 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/surface-book-2-bluescreen-while-shutting-down/af663989-d7a7-45c6-b415-42da0dbc38bd
  5. BlueScreen

BlueScreen: Hi, I am getting a BlueScreen error and it has made my windows experience worst! Following is the error I am getting: Problem signature Problem Event Name: BlueScreen Code: 124 Parameter 1: 0...
  6. Bluescreen while browsing

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Bluescreen while browsing: I have this problem for over 1 year but before was happening only while I play games. Now it happens at least one time per day, bluescreen with code: IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL and sometimes something else. What i tried: - reinstall windows - update drivers - run memtest...
  7. Bluescreens while gaming/watching videos

Bluescreens while gaming/watching videos: Hey, Over the past few days, I've had bluescreens while playing Dota 2 and watching videos on Youtube and Crunchyroll in google chrome. Could someone please take a look at the attached files and help out? Your time is much appreciated, thanks a lot! 62932
  8. BlueScreen

BlueScreen: Getting random blue screens i can't seem to find the solution its not hardware as i have tested them and i think it is software based. 38698
  9. Bluescreen Crashes While Playing Various Games

Bluescreen Crashes While Playing Various Games: The games I'm getting these problems with are Killing Floor 2, Fallout 4, and GTA V. I'm not doing anything in particular to cause these crashes, they seem to just happen over a certain amount of time, with Killing Floor 2 about 15 minutes of game play. Attachment 59638...
  10. Bluescreen Problem while working on Fl studio

Bluescreen Problem while working on Fl studio: Hey guys , i just bought this pc and started to work on it with my fl studio , first thing started when fl gave me some glitchy waves and mp3's , all sounded good inside the project but outside not at all , and then it started to crash while working .. i dont know what is...