Windows 10: BlueScreen while idle

Discus and support BlueScreen while idle in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; hey got some BSODs in the last few days when the system was idle or under very low loads like watching videos. here are 2 dumpfiles: file 1:... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Kevin MP, Feb 15, 2021.

1. Kevin MP Win User

BlueScreen while idle

hey got some BSODs in the last few days when the system was idle or under very low loads like watching videos.

here are 2 dumpfiles:

file 1: https://1drv.ms/u/s!Ao4DQb0dYlNsjz7tLUpTRehcucuQ

file 2: https://1drv.ms/u/s!Ao4DQb0dYlNsjz_SQO41ajmA6Zf7 this BSOD told me amdppm.sys was the problem

:)

Kevin MP, Feb 15, 2021

2. New Windows 10 PC Bluescreens when idle

I have a brand new build, Windows 10, Asus Z170-P motherboard, 12gb corsair ddr4, GTX 950, 1TB hard drive. Whenever I leave it idle it seems to bluescreen. This can happen after 20-30 minutes or not for an hour or more. Usually when I'm using it actively playing games it is fine. The bluescreen bug check string is various things from MEMORY_MANAGEMENT, IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL, BAD_POOL_HEADER and a few others.

The minidumps for all the recent bluescreens are here:
    Minidump.zip

Things I've tried:

• Updating all my drivers, particularly the asus chipset drivers
    • Running Memtest overnight (7 passes in 9 hours, no issues found)
    • chkdisk (via windows 10 tools)

I really am stuck now. I took it back to the store where I bought all the parts and they said they tested it and it's all fine (they updated the chipset drivers again even though I had already done so) and for them it was running for 2 hours with no bluescreen.

If anyone has suggestions I'd be really grateful because I've run out of ideas!

UPDATE

Memory timings from CPU-Z added below:

BlueScreen while idle senbH.png

BlueScreen while idle GPuk3.png

peacemaker, Feb 15, 2021
  3. Jonas Flo Win User
    Bluetooth still on while idle

Thanks for following the steps. Now, the settings won't take effect if you are only using normal PC idle mode. Normal functionality of Bluetooth and Wi-Fi settings are to stay connected even if PC is idle. With the settings that you have created, we would
    suggest that you set your PC to automatically go to Sleep or
    Hibernate
    once idle. In this way, the settings "Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power" should take effect.

To set your PC to automatically go to Sleep or Hibernate when idle, please follow these steps:

• Open Control Panel, set view by: Small
      icons.
    • Look for Power Options.
    • Click on Change when the computer sleeps on the left pane.
    • Set a timer.

Please try it out. Hope it helps. If you have any other concerns, don't hesitate to come back to us.

Jonas Flo, Feb 15, 2021
  4. Fabian228 Win User

BlueScreen while idle

Random Bluescreens during Idle

I have been experiencing random bluescreens in more or less Idle use, so during watching Youtube, etc.

It never happens during gaming.

Öffentlich

You should be able to access the minidump files via this onedrive link and a CPU-Z Export for system specs.

It is mostly IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL but sometimes others too.

I already did a clean reinstall of graphics and audio drivers as well as updated the chipset driver.

I also preformed one run of memtest86 without any errors.

Fabian228, Feb 15, 2021
Thema:

BlueScreen while idle

1. BlueScreen while idle - Similar Threads - BlueScreen while idle

2. Crashing while idle

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Crashing while idle: Hi, I have an issue with my system sometimes having the fans spinning at a high RPM don't think it's quite the max because it doesn't sound like a jet with really bad performance, like programs taking a few seconds to realise I have pressed something and the start menu search...
  3. Crashing while idle

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Crashing while idle: Hi, I have an issue with my system sometimes having the fans spinning at a high RPM don't think it's quite the max because it doesn't sound like a jet with really bad performance, like programs taking a few seconds to realise I have pressed something and the start menu search...
  4. Crashing while idle

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. PC bluescreens, but only when idle.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC bluescreens, but only when idle.: My PC has been having issues with freezes and then crashes for seemingly no reason. I have found out this info while troubleshooting: -Disk usage ramps up to 100% before it bluescreens.-Running on full load temporarily stops the crashes from happening.-After the BSOD, it...
  6. PC bluescreens, but only when idle.

PC bluescreens, but only when idle.: My PC has been having issues with freezes and then crashes for seemingly no reason. I have found out this info while troubleshooting: -Disk usage ramps up to 100% before it bluescreens.-Running on full load temporarily stops the crashes from happening.-After the BSOD, it...
  7. WHEA_Uncorrectable_Error while idle?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WHEA_Uncorrectable_Error while idle?: I'm running windows 11 with a intel core i7-10700F, a Nvidia GeForce RTX 3070, and 32 GB of RAM. The computer runs under load just fine, but if it sits idle for too long it bluescreens, usually with WHEA_Uncorrectable_Error, although I've also gotten the occasional...
  8. WHEA_Uncorrectable_Error while idle?

WHEA_Uncorrectable_Error while idle?: I'm running windows 11 with a intel core i7-10700F, a Nvidia GeForce RTX 3070, and 32 GB of RAM. The computer runs under load just fine, but if it sits idle for too long it bluescreens, usually with WHEA_Uncorrectable_Error, although I've also gotten the occasional...
  9. Bluescreen when idle

Bluescreen when idle: Hi, i have problem with my laptop AERO 15 with win 10 recently bluescreen when idle. here is the DMP files:https://drive.google.com/file/d/11C-Ha0uAOyPbAhVerHnhPB-3UZzvgyHT/view?usp=sharingpls help,thanks...
  10. Random Bluescreens during Idle

Random Bluescreens during Idle: I have been experiencing random bluescreens in more or less Idle use, so during watching Youtube, etc. It never happens during gaming. https://1drv.ms/u/s!Am8SfUDHPixOd8EpzMjlQg-ocok?e=sEJhaj You should be able to access the minidump files via this onedrive link and a...