Windows 10: Bluescreens with new PC

Discus and support Bluescreens with new PC in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I've been having issues with my new PC. It has been crashing and sometimes just not feeling as quick as it should. Here's a link to the minidumps it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Lukas Pasula, Dec 26, 2019.

1. Bluescreens with new PC

I've been having issues with my new PC. It has been crashing and sometimes just not feeling as quick as it should. Here's a link to the minidumps it created during the bluescreens.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1gUlEjOPGPxTfFH6BdO0qSqKBN23Sv_98/view?usp=sharing

:)

Lukas Pasula, Dec 26, 2019

2. New Windows 10 PC Bluescreens when idle

I have a brand new build, Windows 10, Asus Z170-P motherboard, 12gb corsair ddr4, GTX 950, 1TB hard drive. Whenever I leave it idle it seems to bluescreen. This can happen after 20-30 minutes or not for an hour or more. Usually when I'm using it actively playing games it is fine. The bluescreen bug check string is various things from MEMORY_MANAGEMENT, IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL, BAD_POOL_HEADER and a few others.

The minidumps for all the recent bluescreens are here:
    Minidump.zip

Things I've tried:

• Updating all my drivers, particularly the asus chipset drivers
    • Running Memtest overnight (7 passes in 9 hours, no issues found)
    • chkdisk (via windows 10 tools)

I really am stuck now. I took it back to the store where I bought all the parts and they said they tested it and it's all fine (they updated the chipset drivers again even though I had already done so) and for them it was running for 2 hours with no bluescreen.

If anyone has suggestions I'd be really grateful because I've run out of ideas!

UPDATE

Memory timings from CPU-Z added below:

Bluescreens with new PC senbH.png

Bluescreens with new PC GPuk3.png

peacemaker, Dec 26, 2019
  3. PC Build Steps

Ok just because I like steps i am going to create some steps. Please give me the stamp of approval/disapproval
    • Install system in case
      • Remember to connect SSD and optical to same SATA ports on motherboard
    • Turn on PC
    • setup HDD
    • run blend test in prime95 for 30-60 min
      • run realtemp at the same time
    • While in Prime95 test
      • if CPU goes above 70c in RealTemp, I have a leaky CPU
      • if my system locks up or blue screens, there is an instability in the system somewhere
      • if my system does not lock up or blue screen, my CPU is not damaged and I am in the clear!
    What do you guys think??

anandsap123, Dec 26, 2019
  4. Bluescreens with new PC

Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Dec 26, 2019
Thema:

Bluescreens with new PC

1. Bluescreens with new PC - Similar Threads - Bluescreens

2. Bluescreen error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bluescreen error: Last night the laptop was updated and now I opened the laptop shows a bluesxreen and unable to get into the windows. Anyone please help me out? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bluescreen-error/1283b125-f3ff-4b20-8566-6c9c977079cc
  3. Bluescreen error

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bluescreen error: Last night the laptop was updated and now I opened the laptop shows a bluesxreen and unable to get into the windows. Anyone please help me out? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bluescreen-error/1283b125-f3ff-4b20-8566-6c9c977079cc
  4. Bluescreen error

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Bluescreen UNEXPECTED_KERNEL_MODE_TRAP and SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bluescreen UNEXPECTED_KERNEL_MODE_TRAP and SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION: Hello,For some time now, I've been having more bluescreen with my PC running Windows 10 UNEXPECTED_KERNEL_MODE_TRAP or SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION.I've run an analysis of the minidump file, so here's an example:BUGCHECK_CODE: 7fBUGCHECK_P1: 8BUGCHECK_P2:...
  6. Bluescreen UNEXPECTED_KERNEL_MODE_TRAP and SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bluescreen UNEXPECTED_KERNEL_MODE_TRAP and SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION: Hello,For some time now, I've been having more bluescreen with my PC running Windows 10 UNEXPECTED_KERNEL_MODE_TRAP or SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION.I've run an analysis of the minidump file, so here's an example:BUGCHECK_CODE: 7fBUGCHECK_P1: 8BUGCHECK_P2:...
  7. Bluescreen UNEXPECTED_KERNEL_MODE_TRAP and SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION

8. Bluescreen UNEXPECTED_KERNEL_MODE_TRAP and SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION

9. Bluescreen UNEXPECTED_KERNEL_MODE_TRAP and SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION

10. Bluescreen UNEXPECTED_KERNEL_MODE_TRAP and SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION