Windows 10: Bluescreens

Discus and support Bluescreens in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello, I am getting bluescreens at an unpredictable rate with errors such as: Memory Management (I got this twice, both two months apart.) System... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by JakeK2, Sep 7, 2019.

1. JakeK2 Win User

Bluescreens

Hello,

I am getting bluescreens at an unpredictable rate with errors such as:

Memory Management (I got this twice, both two months apart.)

System threshold not handled (This started a bunch of other bluescreens in that day)

Irql_not_less_or_equal (I got this error many times. I fixed it with chkdsk.)

Kernel security check failure. (I got this one 5 hours in while using my computer.)

What I have tried:

Scanning for viruses: None found.

Sfc /scannow: Says there is corruption but it can not fix it. In the cbs log it says windows powershell and windows defender is corrupted

dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /Restorehealth: Did not work at first. It said no source files found. After I ran chkdsk, it ran and found corruption and fixed it.

chkdsk: Seems to have fixed the bluescreens for a while.

Memory managment test: Found no issues

Testing each memory stick: Both booted fine.

I can not find the root cause of the issue and every blue screen seems to steer me in a different direction.

:)

JakeK2, Sep 7, 2019

2. bluescreen

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community.

I understand that it can be frustrating for you when the computer shows bluescreen errors. Bluescreen errors are usually caused due to faulty hardware or drivers. We will try to narrow down the cause of the issue by performing a few steps.

1. Do you get bluescreen errors randomly or while performing any specific actions such as playing a game or running any particular application?
    2. Do you see any error code along with the message “DRIVERS POWER STATE FAILURE”?
    3. Are there any external devices connected to your computer?

The usual causes for bluescreen errors are Graphic card drivers and Network adapter drivers. We can go ahead and try to update the drivers.

Refer the article Update drivers in Windows 10 on how to update Graphic card
    and Network drivers.

You may also refer the article Troubleshoot blue screen errors
    for additional troubleshooting steps to fix the issue.

You can reply to this post if you need further assistance

Hope it helps.

Muralidhar

Microsoft Community Moderator

Muralidhar_G, Sep 7, 2019
  3. Ian Ser Win User
    bluescreen error message wont allow access to desktop

Hi David,

To know what kind of troubleshooting steps would be applicable to your bluescreen error, please answer these questions:

• What is the exact error message showing on your end?
    • Were there any changes/updates to your device prior to the issue?
    • Any troubleshooting steps you've done so far to resolve the issue?

For now, you can have a look at the troubleshooting step on this link as an initial remedy to the bluescreen
    error you're receiving.

We'll be waiting for your updates.

Ian Ser, Sep 7, 2019
  4. Bluescreens

Bluescreen during browsing webpage

there is auto windows update for 2018-10 cumulative update for windows 10, and kaspersky internet security auto updated to 19 version, few day later after update it give bluescreen of KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED when
    browsing internet webpage. Then I try to update the Realtek network card driver, but it did not solve the problem and
    now new bluescreen message is DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL.

I had tried the troubleshooting steps but it still the same thing happen when I browse webpage.

lambdaalbert, Sep 7, 2019
Thema:

Bluescreens

1. Bluescreens - Similar Threads - Bluescreens

2. I keep getting bluescreens UNEXPECTED_KERNEL_MODE_TRAP

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I keep getting bluescreens UNEXPECTED_KERNEL_MODE_TRAP: Hi, In Siemens NX while generating toolpath i get bluescreen, I've already tested another RAM memory and its not the case, Updating Windows to the newest version, changing dump memory, unistalling and installing once again Graphics card and tis drivers and in CMD: chkdsk, sfc...
  3. I keep getting bluescreens UNEXPECTED_KERNEL_MODE_TRAP

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I keep getting bluescreens UNEXPECTED_KERNEL_MODE_TRAP: Hi, In Siemens NX while generating toolpath i get bluescreen, I've already tested another RAM memory and its not the case, Updating Windows to the newest version, changing dump memory, unistalling and installing once again Graphics card and tis drivers and in CMD: chkdsk, sfc...
  4. Multiple freezes and bluescreens Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Multiple freezes and bluescreens Windows 10: The laptop can work almost all day without crashes. And it can freeze or bluescreen every 5 min, 30 times a day. When the laptop freezes, the system freezes completely, with no response from the keyboard or mouth.I tried to diagnose problems with the Windows memory...
  5. Multiple freezes and bluescreens Windows 10

Multiple freezes and bluescreens Windows 10: The laptop can work almost all day without crashes. And it can freeze or bluescreen every 5 min, 30 times a day. When the laptop freezes, the system freezes completely, with no response from the keyboard or mouth.I tried to diagnose problems with the Windows memory...
  6. Multiple freezes and bluescreens Windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. Bluescreen After Waking PC from Sleep

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bluescreen After Waking PC from Sleep: A few times I've gotten a bluescreen after waking up my PC. In one occurrence, I couldn't click or type, but I could move my cursor, until it stopped as well. Wondering if it maybe has something to do with the built in virus protection but I'm unsure.Here is the dump file for...
  8. Bluescreen After Waking PC from Sleep

Bluescreen After Waking PC from Sleep: A few times I've gotten a bluescreen after waking up my PC. In one occurrence, I couldn't click or type, but I could move my cursor, until it stopped as well. Wondering if it maybe has something to do with the built in virus protection but I'm unsure.Here is the dump file for...
  9. always crashing from various bluescreen error or screen freeze

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    always crashing from various bluescreen error or screen freeze: As title, my pc crashes almost once every day I use it, sometimes it just freezes without blue screen, and other times it crashes with different errors, my most recent one being unexpected kernel mode trap seen it a few times before. The worst crash I had is during a gaming...
  10. always crashing from various bluescreen error or screen freeze

in Windows 10 Gaming
    always crashing from various bluescreen error or screen freeze: As title, my pc crashes almost once every day I use it, sometimes it just freezes without blue screen, and other times it crashes with different errors, my most recent one being unexpected kernel mode trap seen it a few times before. The worst crash I had is during a gaming...