Windows 10: Bluetooth abruptly stopped working

Discus and support Bluetooth abruptly stopped working in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Running Windows 10 Home and my Bluetooth suddenly stopped working. It was working earlier tonight. I've tried updating drivers, checking the system... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by L-Wong, May 10, 2020.

1. L-Wong Win User

Bluetooth abruptly stopped working

Running Windows 10 Home and my Bluetooth suddenly stopped working. It was working earlier tonight.

I've tried updating drivers, checking the system for updates, and running the Bluetooth troubleshooter and nothing works. Bluetooth is "not available" and there isn't even an option to toggle it on/off.

When I go into Device Manager under Bluetooth which is now hidden, under IntelR Wireless BluetoothR properties, it says "device deleted" with a timestamp of about 30 minutes ago which I would guess is when I ran a system restore to two days ago.

Does anyone have any idea how to fix this?

:)

L-Wong, May 10, 2020
  2. caffeine Win User

bluetooth mouse abruptly stopped working stopped working

Windows 10 Pro x64
    Logitech M535 mouse

My mouse stopped working while using my computer. (Yes, I changed the battery just in case.) In the process of troubleshooting and several failed attempts to restore use of my mouse, I noticed a few noteworthy things:
    1) Bluetooth is now missing from the hidden icons in the task tray.
    2) Bluetooth is now missing from Device Manager.
    3) In settings>devices my mouse appears and indicates turned off when in fact it is turned on.
    4) In settings>devices removing the device does not work.
    5) In Logitech's options my device is not found -- even when attempting to pair it.

I have restarted bluetooth services in services.msc and changed it from manual to automatic startup. I have run Windows troubleshooter.

What advice can you offer?

caffeine, May 10, 2020
  3. Tranbol Win User
    No bluetooth after system restore

Thank you for your reply.

I mean I have used a Windows system restore point. I tried restoring bluetooth with commands in CMD (sfc/scannow; DISM /Online.....) and by updating and uninstalling devices in the device manager. Update did not work. Uninstalling bluetooth devices made Bluetooth disappear out of the hidden devices list.
    All my steps I took worked but did not change anything in my bluetooth device list.

I am using the bluetooth of my mainboard. MSI Z370M Gaming Pro AC
    My guess would be, that disabling the bluetooth network adapter before using a system restore point, disabled Bluetooth after using the system restore point.

In the device manager I get this message in the USB Device list for a unknown USB Device:
    Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems. (Code 43)
    A request for the USB device descriptor failed.

Tranbol, May 10, 2020
  4. Bluetooth abruptly stopped working

Bluetooth speaker doesn't work

Hi,

It's really odd that your Bluetooth speaker stopped working with your computer, while it works fine with your other devices. We suggest that you remove your device from the paired list on your computer, and pair it again. You may also check this
    article to learn how to Fix Bluetooth problems in Windows 10. You'll find the troubleshooting
    steps for your concern on the list of questions in the article.

We're looking forward to your feedback.

Carlos Tin, May 10, 2020
Thema:

Bluetooth abruptly stopped working

1. Bluetooth abruptly stopped working - Similar Threads - Bluetooth abruptly stopped

2. Screenshot Win+PrtSc abruptly stopped working

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Screenshot Win+PrtSc abruptly stopped working: I rely heavily on my laptop's screenshot functionality. Pressing the Windows and Print Screen keys has always instantly saved a screenshot to my Screenshots folder. However, a couple days ago, this stopped doing anything, there's absolutely no response. I'm not aware of any...
  3. Audio abruptly stopping with no warning.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Audio abruptly stopping with no warning.: Hello, my audio has been stopping randomly with no warning... Went from fine to nothing. Not even muted, just.. Poof! Gone.I can't really explain it but it has happened twice that i know of.Please help me!I have no idea what is happening......
  4. Abruptly stopping of Wifi

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Abruptly stopping of Wifi: Hello There,I got W10 and I'm facing wifi problems from some days.While using my Laptop, wifi stops working it shows no network and when I try to restart it through taskbar it stops but after that it doesn't start. I also checked the services where it shows that the WLAN...
  5. Abruptly stopping of Wifi

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Abruptly stopping of Wifi: Hello There,I got W10 and I'm facing wifi problems from some days.While using my Laptop, wifi stops working it shows no network and when I try to restart it through taskbar it stops but after that it doesn't start. I also checked the services where it shows that the WLAN...
  6. Abruptly stopping of Wifi

7. Sound Drivers abruptly stopped working.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Sound Drivers abruptly stopped working.: I'm unsure of where to post this, sorry if it's in the wrong subreddit for this kinda thing. I have an HP Elitedesk 800 G1, and recently my audio drivers have stopped working. I have an i5-4570 with an NVIDIA GTX 1650, running Windows 10 64-bit OS Build 18363.535. Realtek...
  8. Cortana stops abruptly

in Cortana
    Cortana stops abruptly: Whenever I open Cortana and try to input voice it automatically stops abruptly and in the task manager it is shown as suspended.......help me fix this problem as fast as possible and I will be thankful if I can get the details about this UWP process. [ATTACH]...
  9. bluetooth mouse abruptly stopped working stopped working

bluetooth mouse abruptly stopped working stopped working: Windows 10 Pro x64 Logitech M535 mouse My mouse stopped working while using my computer. (Yes, I changed the battery just in case.) In the process of troubleshooting and several failed attempts to restore use of my mouse, I noticed a few noteworthy things: 1) Bluetooth is...
  10. bluetooth mouse abruptly stopped working stopped working

in Windows 10 Support
    bluetooth mouse abruptly stopped working stopped working: Windows 10 Pro x64 Logitech M535 mouse My mouse stopped working while using my computer. (Yes, I changed the battery just in case.) In the process of troubleshooting and several failed attempts to restore use of my mouse, I noticed a few noteworthy things: 1) Bluetooth is...