Windows 10: Bluetooth adapter device cannot start code 10

Discus and support Bluetooth adapter device cannot start code 10 in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; [ATTACH] I am having this issue for the past 4 days. I tried everything stated on this page.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by raviteja7, Oct 31, 2020.

1. raviteja7 Win User

Bluetooth adapter device cannot start code 10

Bluetooth adapter device cannot start code 10 b1f78c24-f7d1-4d9c-8847-9766d1cb1281?upload=true.png

I am having this issue for the past 4 days. I tried everything stated on this page.

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/bluetooth-adapter-device-cannot-start-code-10/209550e9-988b-487a-beed-009cbf96190b?auth=1

Please help me.

:)

raviteja7, Oct 31, 2020

2. Bluetooth adapter device cannot start (code 10)

Thank you for replying. Forgive me, I used the wrong terminology (I will edit the original post). I will clarify again here.

I cannot connect any bluetooth devices to my PC since the bluetooth adapter
    driver has the status:

This device cannot start. (Code 10)

STATUS_DEVICE_POWER_FAILURE

I never received this error until after the Fall Creator's update. After several failed attempts to delete and reinstall the adapter driver, I tried to uninstall the Windows update. On start-up, I began to receive the following error message:

There was a problem starting C:\Program Files (x86)\Intel\Bluetooth\btmshellex.dll. The specified module could not be found.

I tried deleting and reinstalling the driver and using troubleshooting software (given by Microsoft) but the adapter still has the same device status. The adapter itself is fully functioning on other operating systems on my PC.

My PC is custom-built, the motherboard is an ASROCK Z270 Killer SLI, which has the bluetooth adapter built into it. The driver for it is the Intel(R) Wireless Bluetooth(R) driver (version 19.41.0.1).

TorusZhang, Oct 31, 2020
  3. Aliz Win User
    Promate Bluetooth™ 4.0 USB Adapter !

Hello Everyone

I have just bought the above mentioned bluetooth adapter but unfortunately cant manage to connect my bluetooth headset with it (does not find the device in pairing mode, keeps searching)! I have downloaded and installed the latest driver for this device from the promate website. Any suggestions?

OS - Win7 64 bit

4. Clark Ari Win User

Bluetooth adapter device cannot start (code 10)

Hi Torus,

One of the possible reasons why this issue occurs is due to a corrupted or incompatible device driver. We would like to know more about the issue so we can assist you better. Please answer the following questions:

• What is the make and model of your PC? Can you also tell us the make and model of your Bluetooth device?
    • Is the issue the same when you're trying to connect other Bluetooth devices on your computer?
    • Are you receiving any error messages when connecting your Bluetooth device to your computer?

Meanwhile, we recommend that you follow the steps provided on this link
    as an initial troubleshooting. The article will provide you step by step instruction on how to fix Bluetooth issues in Windows 10. This will also help us isolate the issue.

Please post back with the result for further assistance.

Clark Ari, Oct 31, 2020
Thema:

1. Bluetooth adapter device cannot start code 10 - Similar Threads - Bluetooth adapter device

2. Bluetooth HID device cannot start, error code 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bluetooth HID device cannot start, error code 10: I am currently using windows 11 on my laptop and having issues with Bluetooth connections. I have an error code 10 for the Bluetooth hid device and says that it cannot start. anyone know any solutions?Thank you!Original title: Bluetooth hid device...
  3. Bluetooth HID device cannot start, error code 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bluetooth HID device cannot start, error code 10: I am currently using windows 11 on my laptop and having issues with Bluetooth connections. I have an error code 10 for the Bluetooth hid device and says that it cannot start. anyone know any solutions?Thank you!Original title: Bluetooth hid device...
  4. Bluetooth adapter device cannot start code 10 STATUS_DEVICE_POWER_FAILURE

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Bluetooth adapter device cannot start code 10 STATUS_DEVICE_POWER_FAILURE: Iam using 64bit windows 10 and after some update, I started experiencing problems with my Bluetooth adapter driver IntelR Wireless BluetoothR. so I cannot connect any Bluetooth device to my laptop. I tried re-installing the adapter driver by removing it entirely from my...
  5. This device cannot start. (code 10)

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    This device cannot start. (code 10): While playing League of Legends on my Lenovo ideapad 330 the laptop shut down by itself. After booting it back up (it took longer than usual) my keyboard wasnt working. Booting it up takes longer now. There is a yellow triangle next to to the Standard PS/2 Keyboard in...
  6. Device Cannot Start Code 10.

Device Cannot Start Code 10.: Hi guys. Need some help. My Bose Soundtouch speaker had worked away quite happily for 2 years now all of a sudden nothing from my laptop will play through the speaker. After much messing about, i found the above warning against the speaker in Device Manager. As for fixing...
  7. Intel Bluetooth adapter cannot start code 10 STATUS_DEVICE_POWER_FAILURE

Intel Bluetooth adapter cannot start code 10 STATUS_DEVICE_POWER_FAILURE: Windows 10 pro GA-Z97-D3H motherboard Intel adapter that doubles as both wifi, and bluetooth. Over the last few days, my bluetooth adapter has failed a number of times. When it fails, there is no bluetooth icon, nothing can connect to bluetooth, and the device shows with...
  8. Intel Wireless Bluetooth This device cannot start. (Code 10)

Intel Wireless Bluetooth This device cannot start. (Code 10): Computer kept randomly freezing/restarting so I went through some steps to fix them, did a DISM scan then sfc /scannow which claimed to fix a bunch of issues. Then Bluetooth stopped working and I couldn't figure out a fix. Fully reinstalled windows and no fix :(. In device...
  9. this device cannot start (code 10)

this device cannot start (code 10): I have tried lots of repair advices without resolving the problem! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/this-device-cannot-start-code-10/142326f7-1a73-4c35-9fd3-984700c81ded
  10. Yet another BTTray Error device cannot start code 10 - Intel Wireless Bluetooth adapter...

Yet another BTTray Error device cannot start code 10 - Intel Wireless Bluetooth adapter...: As is clear from the many many posts about BTTRAY error device cannot start code 10: Windows 10 is clearly faulty when dealing with USB bluetooth adapters. This has happened to me with multiple Broadcomm adapters an multiple Intel adapters. How to fix? Well... sometimes...