Windows 10: bluetooth adapter - I have 3, can't make any of them to work

Discus and support bluetooth adapter - I have 3, can't make any of them to work in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I have a bluetooth 4 adapter that stopped working today, after I updated windows yesterday... I have 1 easyidea bluetooth 5 from AliExpress, which is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Alonzzo2, Oct 17, 2020.

1. bluetooth adapter - I have 3, can't make any of them to work

I have a bluetooth 4 adapter that stopped working today, after I updated windows yesterday...
    I have 1 easyidea bluetooth 5 from AliExpress, which is identified and installed but when searching for devices it doesn't find anything (when searching for devices with my phone I find devices)
    and I have another gold touch bluetooth 5 which acts exactly as the easyidea one.

I thought we're past the drivers issues etc. at windows 10...
    so frustrating...
    Any suggestions?
    Thanks!

submitted by /u/Alonzzo2
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Alonzzo2, Oct 17, 2020
  2. Aliz Win User

Promate Bluetooth™ 4.0 USB Adapter !

Hello Everyone

I have just bought the above mentioned bluetooth adapter but unfortunately cant manage to connect my bluetooth headset with it (does not find the device in pairing mode, keeps searching)! I have downloaded and installed the latest driver for this device from the promate website. Any suggestions?

OS - Win7 64 bit

3. nick255 Win User
    Can't get Bluetooth working...

If your sure that its recognised properly then have a look on this links page http://www.holtmann.org/linux/bluetooth/

The only thing i can think of to fix if it isnt recognised by linux is the following:

Firstly you have to find out what chipset your bluetooth dongle uses.
    Secondly i think your going to have to basically compile your own kernel and include the module for the chipset that your bluetooth dongle uses.
    Thirdly depending on if you add it to the kernel or as like built in you will have to add the name of the module to a config file which is used when you boot linux.

If the kernel doesnt have support for your bluetooth dongle then you can either try and find a different copy of the kernel which does or try and find the driver for it.

To recompile your own kernel however requires a whole guide itself , plus different linux distro's will have different kernels with different options and slightly different config files.

Only thing i can suggest is going to www.gentoo.org and reading through their handbook, its basically step by step setting up linux manually, in the handbook there is a page or two on recompiling your kernel for your particular configuration.

nick255, Oct 17, 2020
  4. bluetooth adapter - I have 3, can't make any of them to work

Wifi/Bluetooth adapter issues/ maybe virus

Hi Nath,

Try re-enabling your third-party anitivirus and do a full system scan. Once done, and if Wi-Fi and Bluetooth is still not working, try to uninstall and reinstall both drivers. Follow these steps:

1. Right-click on Start menu button, and select Device Manager.
    2. Expand Network adapter section, right-click on your Wi-Fi driver and select
      Uninstall device.
    3. Repeat the steps for Bluetooth driver.
    4. Restart your computer.

Both drivers should reload fine after the restart. If it doesn't, I suggest manually downloading and installing the latest wireless network adapter and Bluetooth driver from your computer manufacturer website.

If you need further help, let me know by posting back. I will get back to you as soon as I can.

Adrianne Buc, Oct 17, 2020
Thema:

bluetooth adapter - I have 3, can't make any of them to work

1. bluetooth adapter - I have 3, can't make any of them to work - Similar Threads - bluetooth adapter can't

2. My bluetooth adapter is not working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My bluetooth adapter is not working: Recently built a PC and after inserting a bluetooth adapter Sennheiser BTD 600 the device does not let me use bluetooth, instead it shows as an audio device. I've spent a bit trying to fix it on my own but I haven't been able to fix it, I might see if I can return it first,...
  3. My bluetooth adapter is not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My bluetooth adapter is not working: Recently built a PC and after inserting a bluetooth adapter Sennheiser BTD 600 the device does not let me use bluetooth, instead it shows as an audio device. I've spent a bit trying to fix it on my own but I haven't been able to fix it, I might see if I can return it first,...
  4. 3 xbox wireless adapters are not working anymore and I can't see them in Device manager neither

3 xbox wireless adapters are not working anymore and I can't see them in Device manager neither: 3 xbox wireless adapters are not working anymore and I can't see them in Device manager neither . s/n for adapters:827979281727 , 627939311608 , 627978510338 . Win 10 with all updates , tried to do https://www.microsoft.com/en-ca/software-download/windows10 with download...
  5. Does anyone have any recommendations on bluetooth USB adapters for audio?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Does anyone have any recommendations on bluetooth USB adapters for audio?: Just as a little heads up: I use the Sony WH-H900N (https://www.sony.com/electronics/headband-headphones/wh-h900n/specifications), so I was wondering what adapter you guys would recommend for these. Also, I looked into some recommendations for a general adapter and saw this...
  6. Microsoft Bluetooth Mobil 3600 - Can't rename them OR ANY Bluetooth device

Microsoft Bluetooth Mobil 3600 - Can't rename them OR ANY Bluetooth device: I have two "Microsoft Bluetooth Mobile Mouse 3600" mice-- One blue, one red. Win 10 Home - 1909, Lenovo Legion Y745 Core I7 Gen 10 I have search the hundreds of issues related to this mouse Microsoft, come on, you make the OS and the mouse - do better but it can't seem to...
  7. Bluetooth adapter is not working

Bluetooth adapter is not working: Hi, I followed all the advises given on how to get the Bluetooth working. Run the troubleshooter, update the driver, used the cmd to find the module it can't find btmsehellx.dll anyway, turned on and off the computer 20 times, downloaded the driver for my adapter AC3168, 21....
  8. I can't install any Bluetooth

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    I can't install any Bluetooth: Why doesn't Windows let me install any Bluetooth device? Something has happened in the last days? I need to be able to reconnect my Iphone and a Speaker on my Computer...
  9. Bluetooth Adapter and Wifi Not working

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Bluetooth Adapter and Wifi Not working: Before you suggest reloading drivers and running trouble shooting I have tried them all. I've downloaded fresh drivers nothing works. My Wifi doesn't even show up in device manager and my Bluetooth keeps shutting off and on with error code 43 since the latest windows update...
  10. Can't make any video

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't make any video: I've just downloaded the last version of Microsoft photo but I realized the "create" option doesn't appear on my page. I don't understand why https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-make-any-video/7edb6ab2-1ded-4d95-9d16-5dc53aa6bbb2