Windows 10: Bluetooth adapter not detected on PC no matter what!!

Discus and support Bluetooth adapter not detected on PC no matter what!! in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; My Bluetooth dongle randomly stopped getting detected on my PC. If I plug the dongle in another PC it works and I can enable/disable it in Devices in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by PoloBreak, Sep 8, 2018.

1. PoloBreak Win User

Bluetooth adapter not detected on PC no matter what!!

My Bluetooth dongle randomly stopped getting detected on my PC. If I plug the dongle in another PC it works and I can enable/disable it in Devices in Settings. I tried multiple USB ports on my PC and non of them work. I ran troubleshoot in Settings and it says "Please try using an external Bluetooth adapter to add Bluetooth capability on this PC", even though my dongle is plugged in. I downloaded Bluetooth drivers from Intel, doesn't work. Bluetooth is missing in device manager, and when I show hidden devices and update the Generic Bluetooth Radio it doesn't work. The dongle just shows up as CSR Reference Endpoint in the Bluetooth & Other Devices under Devices in Win 10 Settings. I tried just about everything and nothing works! Any ideas?

:)

PoloBreak, Sep 8, 2018
  2. Aliz Win User

Promate Bluetooth™ 4.0 USB Adapter !

Hello Everyone

I have just bought the above mentioned bluetooth adapter but unfortunately cant manage to connect my bluetooth headset with it (does not find the device in pairing mode, keeps searching)! I have downloaded and installed the latest driver for this device from the promate website. Any suggestions?

OS - Win7 64 bit

Aliz, Sep 8, 2018
  3. GajendraS Win User
    Bluetooth adapter not detected

I have a dual boot Acer Aspire 5745- Windows 10 (upgraded from Windows 8.1) and Windows 7. The bluetooth adapter is Atheros AR3011. The adapter works flawlessly on Windows 7 (and worked without any problem on Windows 8/8.1). If I cold boot to Windows 10,
    the adapter is not detected at all. However if I boot to Windows 7 and restart and immediately boot to Windows 10, the adapter is detected and works properly. But if I then put my computer to hibernation or sleep, the adapter disappears when the computer resumes/wakes
    up. Also, I can use the Fn+F3 combination (to toggle wireless adapters) to turn the bluetooth off (if it was on) but cannot turn it back on. Once it is off, it stays off. There is no problem in toggling the WiFi adapter on/off.

I have tried the different versions of the Atheros drivers, including the latest Windows 10 driver, Windows 8 drivers, the driver installed by Windows update as well as generic Microsoft drivers. The end result is same. The adapter is detected (and works)
    if I restart from Windows 7. If I start the computer by resuming/waking/cold booting to Windows 10, the adapter disappears from the device manager (although visible if I enable"Show hidden devices"). Unchecking "Allow the computer to turn off the device to
    save power" in the adapter power management tab makes no difference, neither does disabling selective suspend in the usb power settings.

I never had any problem with adapter on Windows 7/8/8.1. No matter how I started the computer- cold boot, restart, wake, resume the adapter works/worked flawlessly.

I cannot understand why Microsoft spammed me to upgrade to Windows 10, told me that my computer could run Windows 10 and then broke my bluetooth. Now the last thing I need is for an MS engineer to tell me to run sfc. And MS, please don't tell me that I
    need to contact the hardware vendor or Acer. You should have told me this before asking me to upgrade.

GajendraS, Sep 8, 2018
  4. aasim1111 Win User

Bluetooth in windows 10

My computer specs are as listed in the profile. I think all of you guys are correct. I don't have built-in Bluetooth in mobo.

I contacted skull candy headphones and thy have told me if I do not have built-in Bluetooth, I would need a dongle which supports at least a2dp. I do not know what the heck that means. I have a feeling I would need more than a cheap dongle.

Anyone suggest some a2dp adapters. I searched but don't know what a2dp is so couldn't make a decision

aasim1111, Sep 8, 2018
Thema:

1. Bluetooth adapter not detected on PC no matter what!! - Similar Threads - Bluetooth adapter detected

2. Bluetooth will not work no matter what I do.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bluetooth will not work no matter what I do.: I have tried literally everything in my power to get Bluetooth to work. It either won't detect any devices or if it DOES, it'll just say that it can't connect and go right back to being a failure. I'm losing my mind, I just want to pair my headphones to this PC that costed me...
  3. Bluetooth will not work no matter what I do.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bluetooth will not work no matter what I do.: I have tried literally everything in my power to get Bluetooth to work. It either won't detect any devices or if it DOES, it'll just say that it can't connect and go right back to being a failure. I'm losing my mind, I just want to pair my headphones to this PC that costed me...
  4. Bluetooth will not work no matter what I do.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Bluetooth does not turn on no matter what i do.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bluetooth does not turn on no matter what i do.: I have tried 2 full forum fixes, at least 5 youtube videos showing the exact "fixes" and it still doesnt work. I tried everything i could to connect my xbox one wireless controller via the usb they gave me and i know it's not broken since i have recently changed my pc and on...
  6. Bluetooth does not turn on no matter what i do.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bluetooth does not turn on no matter what i do.: I have tried 2 full forum fixes, at least 5 youtube videos showing the exact "fixes" and it still doesnt work. I tried everything i could to connect my xbox one wireless controller via the usb they gave me and i know it's not broken since i have recently changed my pc and on...
  7. Bluetooth does not turn on no matter what i do.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  8. Bluetooth Dongle Not Working NO MATTER WHAT I DO.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Bluetooth Dongle Not Working NO MATTER WHAT I DO.: Hello, as it says in the title I cannot for the life of me get my bluetooth dongle to work with Windows 10. I have tried multiple dongles, tried the bluetooth troubleshooter, installing drivers, rebooting...everything. No matter what I do, when i go to "Bluetooth and other...
  9. Troubleshoot non-detection of a USB Bluetooth adapter

Troubleshoot non-detection of a USB Bluetooth adapter: Hi All, I've got a Bluetooth USB adapter, it's designed specifically for pairing with a specific brand of wireless headphones. The USB adaptor is detected by Windows 10 on my work laptop, but not any more on my Windows 10 desktop. I presume there is an issue with the driver...
  10. Bluetooth adapter not detecting device on Windows 10

Bluetooth adapter not detecting device on Windows 10: I have Bluetooth earbuds that I know work for a fact. I recently bought an EVEO Bluetooth adapter so that I can use the earbuds on my PC but every time I click on "add Bluetooth device" then the Bluetooth tab it instantly closes the tab as if It didn't detect anything....