Windows 10: Bluetooth Adapter - Power Management Registry Location?

Discus and support Bluetooth Adapter - Power Management Registry Location? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi, I am currently trying to create a windows 10 image to push out to alot of tablets. One of the steps im manually doing is to turn off the "allow... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Roachy23, Apr 18, 2017.

1. Roachy23 Win User

Bluetooth Adapter - Power Management Registry Location?

Hi,

I am currently trying to create a windows 10 image to push out to alot of tablets. One of the steps im manually doing is to turn off the "allow the computer to turn off this device to save power" on the bluetooth adapter in device manager.

Does anyone know a registry key i can change to do this or even a group policy? I've looked around but cant seem to find one.

I have come across a registry key on the Microsoft website But this seems to be for the Network adapter and not the bluetooth. Does anyone have any ideas?

"HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Class\{4D36E972-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002bE10318}\DeviceNumber\PnPCapabilities. (set to 24)".

:)

Roachy23, Apr 18, 2017
  2. gartaud Win User

microsoft bluetooth notebook mouse 5000 windows 10

It seems that this mouse only works properly under Windows 10 if using the "Generic Bluetooth adapter" provided by Microsoft. It also seems to prefer if the power management is disabled.

So...

1. Open Device Manager

2. Locate Bluetooth

3. If you see a specific adapter such as "Intel Centrino Wireless Bluetooth 3.0 + High Speed Adapter" open its Properties, then Update Driver, Browse my computer for driver software, Let me pick from a list, and pick "Generic Bluetooth Adapter".

4. Select OK whenever needed

If you still encounter issue go back to the Properties of the generic adapter and disable "Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power" in the Power Management tab

Also still in the Device Manager, go to Human Interface Devices, open the properties of the Bluetooth HID device, and disable "Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power" in the Power Management

gartaud, Apr 18, 2017
  3. gartaud Win User
    microsoft bluetooth mouse keeps disconnecting on windows 10.

Same laptop... same issue... but I think I finally have a solution...

It seems that this mouse only works properly under Windows 10 if using the "Generic Bluetooth adapter" provided by Microsoft. It also seems to prefer if the power management is disabled.

So...

1. Open Device Manager

2. Locate Bluetooth

3. If you see a specific adapter such as "Intel Centrino Wireless Bluetooth 3.0 + High Speed Adapter" open its Properties, then Update Driver, Browse my computer for driver software, Let me pick from a list, and pick "Generic Bluetooth Adapter".

4. Select OK whenever needed

If you still encounter issue go back to the Properties of the generic adapter and disable "Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power" in the Power Management tab

Also still in the Device Manager, go to Human Interface Devices, open the properties of the Bluetooth HID device, and disable "Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power" in the Power Management

gartaud, Apr 18, 2017
Thema:

Bluetooth Adapter - Power Management Registry Location?

1. Bluetooth Adapter - Power Management Registry Location? - Similar Threads - Bluetooth Adapter Power

2. Missing "Power Management" tab in device manager for bluetooth headphone

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Missing "Power Management" tab in device manager for bluetooth headphone: I have a new pair of bluetooth headphones and when I play or resume a video there is no audio for the first 1-2 seconds which is especially frustrating when working with short audio clipsAfter researching I'm guessing the issue has to do with the Power Management in the...
  3. Power Management options missing in device manager/ethernet adapter properties.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Power Management options missing in device manager/ethernet adapter properties.: Hello, I'm trying to enable LAN wake for my computer, as my computer is located where I can't access the power button and learnt' it's doable by phone app. The app instructs you to enable an option in power settings in my ethernet adapter, but it is missing. I already added...
  4. Bootcamp Bluetooth Power Management

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Bootcamp Bluetooth Power Management: Hi guys, Where I can find the power management option for Bluetooth devices? I have a DualShock ps4 controller and a Bluetooth 3.0 keyboard. When I connect and use controller, few minutes after the keyboard disconnect and I can’t reconnect again. I need to switch off...
  5. Wireless adapter power management

Wireless adapter power management: [ATTACH] Hi all. I am having a little bit of a problem with my windows10. My WIFI keeps pausing every so often and I have no internet. I've researched it and it seems that this is because Windows is managing power on the Network adapter and it possibly has the option for...
  6. There is no option of "power management" in configure internet adapter

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    There is no option of "power management" in configure internet adapter: Im on windows 10, my laptop's internet is cut off when laptop is not plugged in. i saw videos on youtube how to solve this problem and i see the solve is go to internet options and right click on the internet adapter. then click on configure. then click on power management....
  7. Bluetooth Adapter not in device manager

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Bluetooth Adapter not in device manager: Today I installed an OKN ax200 wifi6 pcie wifi card w/ bluetooth 5.1 into my builds pciex1 slot aorus z390 pro board & intel core i9 The wifi is working fantastically however the bluetooth is not, it does not allow me the option to turn bluetooth on and off! In my...
  8. Intel Bluetooth power management disappeared

Intel Bluetooth power management disappeared: The power management tab has disappeared for "Intel Bluetooth" in device manager. how do I get it back? Now my wireless mouse is disconnecting frequently -- it wasnt before; now its making the PC almost unusable. Ive tried: - unplugging the power cable and restarting -...
  9. Windows 10 bluetooth power management

Windows 10 bluetooth power management: [ATTACH] https://preview.redd.it/mun8z5oj7e251.png?width=428&format=png&auto=webp&s=66aa80afbc77b4ecc8697e844d8c2ed293c5b7a8 Recently installed some new updates. Where is Intel Bluetooth's Power management tab in Device Manager on Windows 10? There used to be a checkbox...
  10. Add AHCI Link Power Management - Adaptive to Power Options in Windows

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Add AHCI Link Power Management - Adaptive to Power Options in Windows: How to: Add AHCI Link Power Management - Adaptive to Power Options in Windows How to Add or Remove "AHCI Link Power Management - Adaptive" from Power Options in Windows The Power Options allows users to configure the link power management mode for disk and storage...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. pnpcapabilities bluetooth

2. windows10 PnPCapabilities