Windows 10: Bluetooth add device not working

Discus and support Bluetooth add device not working in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I am using Bluetooth keyboard, mouse and speakers. I want to add a keypad for occasional use, but when I click on, add device, nthing happens. ???... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by DouglasMaybee, Apr 10, 2020.

1. Bluetooth add device not working

I am using Bluetooth keyboard, mouse and speakers. I want to add a keypad for occasional use, but when I click on, add device, nthing happens. ???

:)

DouglasMaybee, Apr 10, 2020
  2. malware Win User

Bluetooth Technology Gets Faster With Bluetooth 3.0

From its annual All Hands Meeting in Tokyo this week, the Bluetooth SIG formally adopted Bluetooth Core Specification Version 3.0 + High Speed (HS), or Bluetooth 3.0. This latest iteration of the popular short-range wireless technology fulfills the consumers' need for speed while providing the same wireless Bluetooth experience – faster. Manufacturers of consumer electronics and home entertainment devices can now build their products to send large amounts of video, music and photos between devices wirelessly at speeds consumers expect.
    Bluetooth 3.0 gets its speed from the 802.11 radio protocol. The inclusion of the 802.11 Protocol Adaptation Layer (PAL) provides increased throughput of data transfers at the approximate rate of 24 Mbps. In addition, mobile devices including Bluetooth 3.0 + HS will realize increased power savings due to enhanced power control built in.

"Like Ricky Bobby in Talladega Nights, this latest version was 'born to go fast,' said Mike's Blog, Ph.D., executive director of the Bluetooth SIG. "Utilizing the 802.11 radio was a natural choice as it provides efficiencies for both our members and consumers – members get more function out of the two radios they are already including in devices, and consumers with Bluetooth 3.0 + HS products will get faster exchange of information without changing how they connect. We are excited to expand the possibilities of the PAN."

This newest version of Bluetooth technology builds on the inherent qualities of the current 2.1 + EDR version, including Simple Secure Pairing and built-in, automatic security. And as with all versions of theBluetooth specification, v3.0 + HS provides developers, manufacturers and consumers with the benefit of backwards compatibility, enabling both the expansion and enhancement of this technology with every new specification release. Once products reach the market, the easiest way for consumers to learn which devices are compatible with other Bluetooth enabled devices is to visit the Bluetooth Gadget Guide.

Applications
    With the availability of Bluetooth version 3.0 + HS, consumers can expect to move large data files of videos, music and photos between their own devices and the trusted devices of others, without the need for cables and wires. Some applications consumers will experience include:
    • Wirelessly bulk synchronize music libraries between PC and music player or phone
    • Bulk download photos to a printer or PC
    • Send video files from camera or phone to computer or television
    Availability

The Bluetooth SIG's formal adoption of the specification is only the first step in the product lifecycle. News out today from wireless chip manufacturers and Bluetooth SIG member companies Atheros, Broadcom and CSR shows the second step – getting silicon solutions to device manufacturers – is already underway. End products for consumers are expected to be in the market in 9 to 12 months.

Technical Specifications
    This new specification release includes several major enhancements (learn more here - page requires member login):
    • Generic Alternate MAC/PHY (AMP)
    • 802.11 Protocol Adaptation Layer (PAL)
    • Generic Test Methodology
    • Enhanced Power Control
    • Unicast Connectionless Data
    Source: Engadget

malware, Apr 10, 2020
  3. Xylee Del Win User
    Bluetooth device is shown as not present.

Hello Dominika,

Thank you for getting back to us. Since the issue still persists after following the steps on the article above, we'd like to know more. Kindly answer the following questions:

• Did you checked whether the Bluetooth device is listed under hidden devices in Device manager?
    • What is the make and model of your Bluetooth device?
    • Can you tell us the specific bluetooth devices that you're using on your Windows 10?
    • Have you checked whether the Bluetooth driver is listed under installed programs under Programs and features?

Meanwhile, we suggest that you check if the Bluetooth services is enabled by following the steps below:

• Press Windows + R keys on the keyboard, type services.msc and press OK.
    • Right click on Bluetooth Support service and select
      Restart.

• Right click on Bluetooth support service and select Properties
      and check if the startup type is Automatic.

We'll be waiting for your response.

Xylee Del, Apr 10, 2020
  4. HojabrA Win User

Bluetooth add device not working

I don't have any bluetooth devices but windows turned it on!!

1. I have no bluetooth devices in devices manager.
    2,3,4. they all turned off before.

reboot or shutdown doesn't solved it.
    i have USB wireless Mouse/Keyborad. i plug it out and use PS/2 but nothing.
    i used DISM to repair image.

i tried everything but its not make any changes and windows still showing Bluetooth turned on.
    a few days ago it was not even showing Bluetooth in Action Center but i don't understand what happened, no devices added or changed in my PC, no software Installed or Uninstalled, not a single Settings Changed in Windows or BIOS!!!

HojabrA, Apr 10, 2020
Thema:

Bluetooth add device not working

1. Bluetooth add device not working - Similar Threads - Bluetooth add device

2. 'Add Bluetooth Device' and 'Add Printer' No Longer Working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    'Add Bluetooth Device' and 'Add Printer' No Longer Working: Hi,I am facing an issue where my Bluetooth seems to work fine but I can no longer add any new Bluetooth devices. Similarly, I can no longer add any new printers.First the Bluetooth, the problem occurs when I click the "add Bluetooth or other device" button, the small window...
  3. 'Add Bluetooth Device' and 'Add Printer' No Longer Working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    'Add Bluetooth Device' and 'Add Printer' No Longer Working: Hi,I am facing an issue where my Bluetooth seems to work fine but I can no longer add any new Bluetooth devices. Similarly, I can no longer add any new printers.First the Bluetooth, the problem occurs when I click the "add Bluetooth or other device" button, the small window...
  4. 'Add Bluetooth Device' and 'Add Printer' No Longer Working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Bluetooth Add a device

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bluetooth Add a device: Hello,I need help with my computer. I am trying to connect my xbox controller to my laptop which has bluetooth however when I open settings and go to bluetooth and press add a device, nothing is showing up. I tried to find fixes online. I tried to do win + a to see if it...
  6. Bluetooth Add a device

Bluetooth Add a device: Hello,I need help with my computer. I am trying to connect my xbox controller to my laptop which has bluetooth however when I open settings and go to bluetooth and press add a device, nothing is showing up. I tried to find fixes online. I tried to do win + a to see if it...
  7. "Add Bluetooth or other" devices not working

"Add Bluetooth or other" devices not working: I recently bought a Bluetooth dongle that didn't work, I had a suspicion that it didn't support Windows 10, so I got another one, that didnt work either. I almost gave up then I decided to get a Network Card, which I know supported Windows 10 and had Bluetooth, but none of...
  8. Add Bluetooth device button doesn't work

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Add Bluetooth device button doesn't work: Read the title submitted by /u/SecretAnonymousGuy [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/j80zs8/add_bluetooth_device_button_doesnt_work/
  9. Add Bluetooth or Other Device Button Not Working

Add Bluetooth or Other Device Button Not Working: Hello, whenever I click on the Add Bluetooth or Other Devices button, the blue circle appears on my mouse for a bit, and nothing happens. I can't open the Add Bluetooth or other Devices window. When I do click on the button, Event Viewer has an error: Faulting...
  10. add bluetooth devices

add bluetooth devices: add bluetooth devices like ipods to a Acer laptop how can I do that is it possible to add a device to listen to audio apple ipods https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/add-bluetooth-devices/a3ac961f-d2d2-43a3-a0c8-d6ac76ef5ba5

Users found this page by searching for:

1. bluetooth device wont appear in add device windows 10