Windows 10: Bluetooth ain't working

Discus and support Bluetooth ain't working in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; When I install my Broadcom Bluetooth drivers from official site , it says that Bluetooth drivers can not work on this version of windows .... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Knight Fury, Mar 6, 2019.

1. Bluetooth ain't working

When I install my Broadcom Bluetooth drivers from official site , it says that Bluetooth drivers can not work on this version of windows .

:)

Knight Fury, Mar 6, 2019
  2. nick255 Win User

Can't get Bluetooth working...

If your sure that its recognised properly then have a look on this links page http://www.holtmann.org/linux/bluetooth/

The only thing i can think of to fix if it isnt recognised by linux is the following:

Firstly you have to find out what chipset your bluetooth dongle uses.
    Secondly i think your going to have to basically compile your own kernel and include the module for the chipset that your bluetooth dongle uses.
    Thirdly depending on if you add it to the kernel or as like built in you will have to add the name of the module to a config file which is used when you boot linux.

If the kernel doesnt have support for your bluetooth dongle then you can either try and find a different copy of the kernel which does or try and find the driver for it.

To recompile your own kernel however requires a whole guide itself , plus different linux distro's will have different kernels with different options and slightly different config files.

Only thing i can suggest is going to www.gentoo.org and reading through their handbook, its basically step by step setting up linux manually, in the handbook there is a page or two on recompiling your kernel for your particular configuration.

nick255, Mar 6, 2019
  3. caperjack Win User
    bluetooth headphones

setting up win10 Bluetooth and my Bluetooth headphones work fine ,but every time I reconnect the headphones I have to delete them from Bluetooth settings and let win10 pickup the headphones again ,before they will pair ,then win10 want to reboot to add the headphones ,I reboot and they work fine ,but next time I plug the headphone in again they will not pair ,don't even get an option to pair till I delete the head phones from the list ,, any suggestions ,, thank

caperjack, Mar 6, 2019
  4. aasim1111 Win User

Bluetooth ain't working

Bluetooth in windows 10

My computer specs are as listed in the profile. I think all of you guys are correct. I don't have built-in Bluetooth in mobo.

I contacted skull candy headphones and thy have told me if I do not have built-in Bluetooth, I would need a dongle which supports at least a2dp. I do not know what the heck that means. I have a feeling I would need more than a cheap dongle.

Anyone suggest some a2dp adapters. I searched but don't know what a2dp is so couldn't make a decision

aasim1111, Mar 6, 2019
Thema:

Bluetooth ain't working

1. Bluetooth ain't working - Similar Threads - Bluetooth ain't working

2. My keyboard ain't working but the power button does

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My keyboard ain't working but the power button does: hello, I've tried troubleshooting my keyboard but it does not fix the problem. I'm having a hard time fixing it and trying to find an issue relating to this but I can't find any. I also tried looking for it on the device manager but i can't see the keyboard on it. before i...
  3. My keyboard ain't working but the power button does

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My keyboard ain't working but the power button does: hello, I've tried troubleshooting my keyboard but it does not fix the problem. I'm having a hard time fixing it and trying to find an issue relating to this but I can't find any. I also tried looking for it on the device manager but i can't see the keyboard on it. before i...
  4. Upgraded to Windows 11 and now the key ain't working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Upgraded to Windows 11 and now the key ain't working: I just upgraded my motherboard and cpu and switched to windows 11. Now I can't activate Windows. The original key I used for Windows 10 ain't working. I also linked my win 10 license with my Microsoft account but that doesn't seem to do help either. Is there anything I can...
  5. Upgraded to Windows 11 and now the key ain't working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Upgraded to Windows 11 and now the key ain't working: I just upgraded my motherboard and cpu and switched to windows 11. Now I can't activate Windows. The original key I used for Windows 10 ain't working. I also linked my win 10 license with my Microsoft account but that doesn't seem to do help either. Is there anything I can...
  6. controls ain't working in mircosoft flight sim 2020

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    controls ain't working in mircosoft flight sim 2020: I dont have a yoke, or any other controllers for that matter, and I got this through Microsoft Game Pass. i was super excited to try to use this sim, but after leaving my computer on all night for it to fully install, my hopes started to fall. it really fell when i realized...
  7. Uninstalled Bluetooth from Device Manager. Tried to download and reinstall, but ain't working.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Uninstalled Bluetooth from Device Manager. Tried to download and reinstall, but ain't working.: I had problems with bluetooth not working, so I thought i'd uninstall and reinstall it. but it isn't working. quick help would be very much appreciated. i had Qualcomm....
  8. If it ain't broke..

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    If it ain't broke..: Latest "update" of windows 10 fails to install. I've had a good read of other responses to failiures, but nothing works. Always get the same installation error. Judging by the massive amount of negative news and blog posts about this farce, why not make sure it works...
  9. Wifi ain't working

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Wifi ain't working: I don't kniw why, but even since yesturday m internet was wkrking just fine. I closed my laptop and set it aside for a whioe before returning and realizing my internet as not connected. I tried reconnecting but i says "Cant connect to this network". I am not new to this error...
  10. Windows cleanup ain't working

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows cleanup ain't working: So just the cleanup works (altho it removes thumbnails but sometime later adds the same amount back idk what's up with that?) But the clean up of system files isn't working. I try to remove windows updates and it actually added like 500MB onto my C drive instead of removing...