Windows 10: Bluetooth and other devices

Discus and support Bluetooth and other devices in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; This may sound strange but I cannot figure the reasoning behind what is really happening here. About a week ago, my computer starting experiencing... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Baldy1947, Apr 9, 2021.

1. Baldy1947 Win User

Bluetooth and other devices

This may sound strange but I cannot figure the reasoning behind what is really happening here. About a week ago, my computer starting experiencing significant delays in keyboard and mouse input. Even scrolling web pages became problematic. No new software was recently installed nor were than any other changes made to hardware or other system devices in the past 6 months. As I searched for answers I came across one suggestion to look at the list of devices in my Bluetooth settings and remove any not needed.

When I looked at the "Bluetooth and other devices" settings, I found some strange items that I could not figure out why they would appear there. To begin with, my motherboard does NOT have bluetooth capability. Within the Bluetooth and other devices listings I found 2 listings for Amazon FireSticks that were attached to TVs that I have in the household but each said "Not connected". I also found my Acer monitor listed as an audio device even though it does not have any speakers. I also found another audio device "Realtek HD Audio 2nd output" which I believe is my headphone jack. The Logitech Unifying receiver for my mouse and keyboard was listed as well as my wireless Gateway modem and router.

I clicked on the Acer monitor and each of the Amazon FireSticks to selected "Remove Device". I left everything else alone as I thought those items were proper.

Magically, the delays and all problems with the mouse and keyboard have gone away.

But magically, the Acer monitor has reappeared as an audio device. So far I have not noticed any signicant problems with either keyboard or mouse as was experienced before.

But now I have left scratching my head trying to figure out what the heck would cause Amazon FireSticks to be listed on the computer bluetooth devices as to why the Acer monitor wants to insist that it is an audio device. Furthermore, I puzzled as to why any devices that were listed as "not connected" would cause any problems to begin with. Does the Win10 OS attempt to reach out and establish contact all by itself and that is what was causing the lag in my inputs as the system was waiting for timeouts from each and every "not connected" device?

Any ideas?

:)

Baldy1947, Apr 9, 2021
  2. malware Win User

Bluetooth Technology Gets Faster With Bluetooth 3.0

From its annual All Hands Meeting in Tokyo this week, the Bluetooth SIG formally adopted Bluetooth Core Specification Version 3.0 + High Speed (HS), or Bluetooth 3.0. This latest iteration of the popular short-range wireless technology fulfills the consumers' need for speed while providing the same wireless Bluetooth experience – faster. Manufacturers of consumer electronics and home entertainment devices can now build their products to send large amounts of video, music and photos between devices wirelessly at speeds consumers expect.
    Bluetooth 3.0 gets its speed from the 802.11 radio protocol. The inclusion of the 802.11 Protocol Adaptation Layer (PAL) provides increased throughput of data transfers at the approximate rate of 24 Mbps. In addition, mobile devices including Bluetooth 3.0 + HS will realize increased power savings due to enhanced power control built in.

"Like Ricky Bobby in Talladega Nights, this latest version was 'born to go fast,' said Mike's Blog, Ph.D., executive director of the Bluetooth SIG. "Utilizing the 802.11 radio was a natural choice as it provides efficiencies for both our members and consumers – members get more function out of the two radios they are already including in devices, and consumers with Bluetooth 3.0 + HS products will get faster exchange of information without changing how they connect. We are excited to expand the possibilities of the PAN."

This newest version of Bluetooth technology builds on the inherent qualities of the current 2.1 + EDR version, including Simple Secure Pairing and built-in, automatic security. And as with all versions of theBluetooth specification, v3.0 + HS provides developers, manufacturers and consumers with the benefit of backwards compatibility, enabling both the expansion and enhancement of this technology with every new specification release. Once products reach the market, the easiest way for consumers to learn which devices are compatible with other Bluetooth enabled devices is to visit the Bluetooth Gadget Guide.

Applications
    With the availability of Bluetooth version 3.0 + HS, consumers can expect to move large data files of videos, music and photos between their own devices and the trusted devices of others, without the need for cables and wires. Some applications consumers will experience include:
    • Wirelessly bulk synchronize music libraries between PC and music player or phone
    • Bulk download photos to a printer or PC
    • Send video files from camera or phone to computer or television
    Availability

The Bluetooth SIG's formal adoption of the specification is only the first step in the product lifecycle. News out today from wireless chip manufacturers and Bluetooth SIG member companies Atheros, Broadcom and CSR shows the second step – getting silicon solutions to device manufacturers – is already underway. End products for consumers are expected to be in the market in 9 to 12 months.

Technical Specifications
    This new specification release includes several major enhancements (learn more here - page requires member login):
    • Generic Alternate MAC/PHY (AMP)
    • 802.11 Protocol Adaptation Layer (PAL)
    • Generic Test Methodology
    • Enhanced Power Control
    • Unicast Connectionless Data
    Source: Engadget

malware, Apr 9, 2021
  3. Xylee Del Win User
    Bluetooth device is shown as not present.

Hello Dominika,

Thank you for getting back to us. Since the issue still persists after following the steps on the article above, we'd like to know more. Kindly answer the following questions:

• Did you checked whether the Bluetooth device is listed under hidden devices in Device manager?
    • What is the make and model of your Bluetooth device?
    • Can you tell us the specific bluetooth devices that you're using on your Windows 10?
    • Have you checked whether the Bluetooth driver is listed under installed programs under Programs and features?

Meanwhile, we suggest that you check if the Bluetooth services is enabled by following the steps below:

• Press Windows + R keys on the keyboard, type services.msc and press OK.
    • Right click on Bluetooth Support service and select
      Restart.

• Right click on Bluetooth support service and select Properties
      and check if the startup type is Automatic.

We'll be waiting for your response.

Xylee Del, Apr 9, 2021
  4. Bluetooth and other devices

Cannot use bluetooth device

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

ameneses54, Apr 9, 2021
Thema:

Bluetooth and other devices

1. Bluetooth and other devices - Similar Threads - Bluetooth devices

2. How can I change Bluetooth device name without PC rebooting?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I change Bluetooth device name without PC rebooting?: In Windows, Bluetooth device name change is possible throubh Device Manager → Bluetooth → Driver → Advanced.The problem is this is updated only after rebooting and just Bluetooth Off/On does not work.These operations seem to be related to GATT Server configuration and...
  3. How can I change Bluetooth device name without PC rebooting?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How can I change Bluetooth device name without PC rebooting?: In Windows, Bluetooth device name change is possible throubh Device Manager → Bluetooth → Driver → Advanced.The problem is this is updated only after rebooting and just Bluetooth Off/On does not work.These operations seem to be related to GATT Server configuration and...
  4. unable to remove bluetooth device

in Windows 10 Gaming
    unable to remove bluetooth device: i have connected my ps5 controller to my pc and can't get it off. i have went to blue tooth devices and tried to remove it from there and it still remembers the controller. i have also went to device manager and tried to uninstall and reset the pc and still nothing it keeps...
  5. unable to remove bluetooth device

unable to remove bluetooth device: i have connected my ps5 controller to my pc and can't get it off. i have went to blue tooth devices and tried to remove it from there and it still remembers the controller. i have also went to device manager and tried to uninstall and reset the pc and still nothing it keeps...
  6. windows 11 device manager does not show Bluetooth how to reinstall Bluetooth driver

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows 11 device manager does not show Bluetooth how to reinstall Bluetooth driver: Bluetooth not recognising discoverable devices https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-11-device-manager-does-not-show-bluetooth/1d706c57-9a39-421c-8619-a5257cd45bf5
  7. windows 11 device manager does not show Bluetooth how to reinstall Bluetooth driver

windows 11 device manager does not show Bluetooth how to reinstall Bluetooth driver: Bluetooth not recognising discoverable devices https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-11-device-manager-does-not-show-bluetooth/1d706c57-9a39-421c-8619-a5257cd45bf5
  8. Why isn't my Bluetooth device connecting? and not allowing me to remove a device? or even...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why isn't my Bluetooth device connecting? and not allowing me to remove a device? or even...: Hi, I'm having trouble with my Bluetooth device. My earphones are paired however when I try to connect through the computer it says “connection failed” or that the device isn't discoverable. I know it isn't a problem with my earphones as I've connected it to a different PC...
  9. Why isn't my Bluetooth device connecting? and not allowing me to remove a device? or even...

Why isn't my Bluetooth device connecting? and not allowing me to remove a device? or even...: Hi, I'm having trouble with my Bluetooth device. My earphones are paired however when I try to connect through the computer it says “connection failed” or that the device isn't discoverable. I know it isn't a problem with my earphones as I've connected it to a different PC...
  10. Why isn't my Bluetooth device connecting? and not allowing me to remove a device? or even...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware