Windows 10: Bluetooth and SD Card Reader Code 45

Discus and support Bluetooth and SD Card Reader Code 45 in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have and HP laptop running Windows 10 64-bit This week I have discovered both Bluetooth and SD Card reader were not working and had Code 45 when I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by smc, Sep 1, 2019.

1. SMC
    smc Win User

Bluetooth and SD Card Reader Code 45

I have and HP laptop running Windows 10 64-bit

This week I have discovered both Bluetooth and SD Card reader were not working and had Code 45 when I checked in Device Manager.

Tried various things, updating drivers etc... and was getting nowhere so ended up resetting and reinstalling Windows and both returned however as soon as I started putting things back on they disappeared again, had only put on Avast and Google Chrome at this stage. Took them off and restarted but both Bluetooth and SD card reader not working again.

So do I reinstall again? Is it likely that it is Avast or Chrome than is causing the issue?

Thanks in advance!

:)

2. Code 45 SD card reader not being detected

I'm using a laptop that I got about 7 months ago, it has an SD/SDHC card reader built into it. It hasn't been physically tampered with, and the OS hasn't changed. The SD card reader used to work fine, but now the computer doesn't detect that it's connected,
    even though it's built into the computer. If I go into device manager, it gives me a code 45, telling me to connect the card reader, when it is connected. I've updated all the drivers on my computer, to no avail. It isn't an SD card problem, since the SD card
    works in other devices, and the computer doesn't even detect the reader. Help please?

TheWingedCherryPie, Sep 1, 2019
  3. Eric Ber Win User
    SD Card reader not working.

Hi,

There are several reasons why your SD card reader is not working. To assist you better, kindly answer the questions below:

• Have you made any changes to your computer prior to this issue?
    • What are the other troubleshooting steps have you done so for?
    • Have you tried to use another SD card reader and see if it is getting recognized or detected by your computer?

Regards.

Eric Ber, Sep 1, 2019
  4. Bluetooth and SD Card Reader Code 45

Code 45 SD card reader not being detected

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

I understand that you are facing the issue on card reader.

I will certainly help you with this.

Error 45: This hardware device is not connected to the computer
    (Code 45) will occur if hardware device is not properly connected to the computer. The only solution is reconnecting the device to the respective port.

Check Windows Updates for the latest drivers.

I would suggest you to go through the below methods:

Method 1: We need to check if there is any corruption with the hard drive that you are using.

Try these steps to run the hardware troubleshooter and check.

• Press Windows key+X.
    • Click on Control Panel.
    • Click on Troubleshooting.
    • On the left pane, click on view all in the left panel. Select ‘Hardware and devices’ and follow the on-screen instructions.

Method 2: You may also try the steps to uninstall the sound, video and controller drivers and check.

1. Press "Windows Logo” + “X” keys on the keyboard.

2. Click on “Device Manager” from that list.

3. Right click on the driver and then select “Uninstall”. On the un-installation window, if you have an option: “Delete the driver software for this device” Follow the on-screen
    instructions to complete it and then restart the computer if prompted.

4. After the restart, please go ahead with the next steps to install the latest drivers and check if that resolves the issue.

Also refer to the following Wiki article created by Andre Da Costa on
    How to: Install and Update drivers in Windows 10

How to: Install and Update Hardware Drivers in Windows 10

Hope this helps. Get back to us with an update of audio output devices. We are happy to help!

Shubham Chaubey, Sep 1, 2019
Thema:

Bluetooth and SD Card Reader Code 45

1. Bluetooth and SD Card Reader Code 45 - Similar Threads - Bluetooth Card Reader

2. SD Card reader

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    SD Card reader: I have an external sd card reader and it wont work on my pc. It works on my laptop and other stuff but it only doesnt work on this pc. It only recognizes the sd card reader as USB3.0 Card Reader but it wont read the sd card at all. I even tried buying and using another sd...
  3. SD card reader?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    SD card reader?: Hello! I cant access my SD card Transcend SDHC 8GB. When I plug it into my laptop, it doesn't get recognized. I installed the driver software from the Dell website my computer is a Dell Inspiron 3543 and restarted it but nothings working, I cannot actually see the SD card...
  4. sd card reader

sd card reader: Hi, I have been running a lenovo Z70-80 with a partitioned hard drive with a windows 7 \ linux dual boot setup. It all worked fine until I upgraded to windows 10. After I updated all the drivers everything worked well except the sd card reader. This will keep disconnecting or...
  5. SD Card Reader

SD Card Reader: Hi Every SD card I plug in to my PC says it is Write Protected. I have tried everything I can find on internet to fix this but to no avail. Can anyone help please? 146468
  6. Bluetooth and SD Card Reader - Code 45

Bluetooth and SD Card Reader - Code 45: I have and HP laptop running Windows 10 64-bit This week I have discovered both Bluetooth and SD Card reader were not working and had Code 45 when I checked in Device Manager. Tried various things, updating drivers etc... and was getting nowhere so ended up resetting and...
  7. Sd Card reader

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Sd Card reader: Can Someone help Me. Ive Tried Everything But My Sd card reader wont work. How do i get my laptop to recognize that there is even a Sd card in it . https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sd-card-reader/bc9ec34c-018b-485b-abbb-c6f2ec864929"
  8. SD Card Reader

SD Card Reader: I have Windows 10 and my SD card reader is not recognized. I have tried everything on the earlier post and none have worked. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sd-card-reader/d927df68-eac3-4356-8c18-4cd339419e75
  9. sd card reader

sd card reader: My sd card reader isn't working .How can I get it back on ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sd-card-reader/a9ecbe8c-3206-454a-960a-8b6f6ce13e12
  10. SD Card Reader

SD Card Reader: My SD card reader is suddenly not working. The SD cards can be read in other Windows 10 devices, but cannot be seen any longer on this device. The Windows 10 Update occurred recently, assuming that may have caused the issue. Tried to Restore to previous point, before this...