Windows 10: Bluetooth attached speakers - no sound

Discus and support Bluetooth attached speakers - no sound in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Request: Appreciate any ideas on solving this non-functional device situation. The subject computer is located in the pantry with a wall separating... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Bill Berkman, Jan 31, 2019.

1. Bluetooth attached speakers - no sound

Request:

Appreciate any ideas on solving this non-functional device situation. The subject computer is located in the pantry with a wall separating the kitchen desk where the monitors, keyboard/mouse and speakers are located. Hardwiring speakers/mic is not an option in this installation. Accordingly, I purchased a Kensington Bluetooth USB dongle [Cambridge Silicon chip] (hereinafter the "Bluetooth Adapter") and an Aomais Real Sound Bluetooth Speakers/Microphone set (hereinafter the "Bluetooth Headset") to solve the computer location issues.

1. To establish that the Bluetooth Headset functions, I first hard-wire connected to the analog input and output of this computer. The speakers and mic functioned properly in hard-wired mode.

2. I paired the Bluetooth Headset with my Samsung Galaxy, and was able to listen and speak successfully. I then deleted the Bluetooth Headset from the Galaxy Bluetooth devices.

3. Installation of the Bluetooth Adapter was effortless and successful. Win 10 driver and services properly downloaded, installed, and initialized. I did not utilize the Win 7 driver package included with the Adapter, instead relying entirely on the Win 10 driver and installation process.

4. To test the Bluetooth Adapter, I initially paired my Samsung Galaxy phone with the computer. The phone paired properly, and I was able to utilize Bluetooth file transfer and streaming from my phone to the computer. I then removed my Samsung phone from the paired Bluetooth devices using "Remove Device" from the Windows Settings App.

5. After removing my Samsung phone from the paired Bluetooth devices, I connected and paired the Bluetooth Headset. The pairing appears successful. The Bluetooth Headset appears in the "System\Sound" section of the Windows Settings App in both Input and Output devices. (Screen shots of Device Manager and Settings \System\Sound follow).

6. However, no sounds emit (either system sounds or when playing the Music App), and Skype sound tests do not register either speakers or mic.

Any advice to assist in solving this problem will be greatly appreciated. System information screen shots follow.

Bill Berkman

System:

Bluetooth attached speakers - no sound 8fe3df2b-c9da-41b1-932e-36f521a59c51?upload=true.jpg

Bluetooth attached speakers - no sound d2ca44e2-5050-4ff8-a90f-51392c871c5b?upload=true.jpg

Bluetooth attached speakers - no sound 86a5bf89-ae75-4543-8e8f-67219d6132ce?upload=true.jpg

Bluetooth attached speakers - no sound 176503f0-5ff4-4588-ae7e-36e1aa534bf7?upload=true.jpg

:)

Bill Berkman, Jan 31, 2019
  2. Tobbe Win User

Can't select paired bluetooth speaker as sound output (Windows 10)

I just got a new bluetooth speaker, an Urbanears Stammen (concrete grey)

I can connect to it from my phone, using Bluetooth, and play back sound no problem. But I can't get my Windows 10 laptop (Dell XPS 15) to use it as a playback device.

I can connect and pair to it no problem, as you see in the screenshot below

Bluetooth attached speakers - no sound ehlZX.png

It also shows up under bluetooth in the device manager. It's not listed under "Audio inputs and outputs", which I thought it should be, but I can see it under "Sound, video and game controllers".

Bluetooth attached speakers - no sound d4Fvh.png

But I can't select it as a playback device Bluetooth attached speakers - no sound :(

Bluetooth attached speakers - no sound DNCNI.png

I found this relevant superuser question: Windows 10 computer paired w/ bluetooth speaker, but doesn't send music to speaker

And I tried the suggested steps listed there, but nothing helped Bluetooth attached speakers - no sound :(

Any further ideas I could try?

Tobbe, Jan 31, 2019
  3. Braxho Win User
    Bluetooth portable speakers are connected, but no sound.

After trying every suggested remedy I can find in these posts, I am still unable to get my Dell PC to play over my new JBL Bluetooth speakers. Briefly:

• speakers work OK with my android tablet. Tablet source has now been disconnected.
    • PC is Bluetooth enabled. Windows 10 Bluetooth software has been updated, mere minutes ago.
    • PC finds my speakers, correctly identifies them as Charge 2+, and tells me I am connected. My speakers, in turn, make an encouraging beepy sound as they presumably find my PC, but there is no sound.
    • I have disconnected and reconnected (un-paired and re-paired) my speakers several times with no result.
    • My 2-year old PC has no internal speakers. External speakers work correctly, and nothing is plugged into my headphone jack.
    The silence is deafening. Any help you can offer will be gratefully received. Thanks.

Braxho, Jan 31, 2019
  4. Bluetooth attached speakers - no sound

Bluetooth Speaker No sound Issues

So I have been using the same Bluetooth speaker (the Sony srs-xb3) for years on my previous PC build (using the EkoBuy® Bluetooth 4.0 USB Dongle Adapter for PC) since my motherboard had no internal Bluetooth compatibility. I recently built my second PC which has Bluetooth built into the motherboard (Z370 AORUS ULTRA GAMING WIFI) but my speaker isn't being detected by it, so I continued using the adapter. The adapted detects my speaker but wont play audio. I have tried troubleshooting the speaker which does turn the audio on but only through hands free mode which sounds awful. I did manage to get the speaker working on my PC once but I'm not sure how and then on restart it proceeded to revert to having the same issues. I have tried updating the drivers on everything, but to no avail. Any suggestions?

DrJonesMaximus, Jan 31, 2019
Thema:

Bluetooth attached speakers - no sound

1. Bluetooth attached speakers - no sound - Similar Threads - Bluetooth attached speakers

2. The Bluetooth speaker interrupts the sound

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The Bluetooth speaker interrupts the sound: Hi, I have an Asus Bluetooth BT-400 USB adapter and I use it to connect the JBL Flip 5 Bluetooth speaker. I have Windows 10 Pro 21H1. Recently updated After Windows update to 21H1 they still pair but the sound started "flickering", I mean there are interruptions in the sound...
  3. The Bluetooth speaker interrupts the sound

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    The Bluetooth speaker interrupts the sound: Hi, I have an Asus Bluetooth BT-400 USB adapter and I use it to connect the JBL Flip 5 Bluetooth speaker. I have Windows 10 Pro 21H1. Recently updated After Windows update to 21H1 they still pair but the sound started "flickering", I mean there are interruptions in the sound...
  4. The Bluetooth speaker interrupts the sound

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Bluetooth speaker interrupts sound

Bluetooth speaker interrupts sound: Hi, I've got Asus Bluetooth BT-400 USB adapter and I use it to connect JBL Flip 5 Bluetooth speaker. There was no problem with Windows 10 Pro 1909. After the upgrade of Windows to 2004 Flip 5 still pairs but the sound started "flashing", I mean there are interruptions in...
  6. Bluetooth speaker not producing sound

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Bluetooth speaker not producing sound: I've been trying every fix i could find for the last few hours but nothing seems to help. Just got a new Bluetooth speaker and it works perfectly fine with my phone but when I connect it to my laptop it says "voice connected" as opposed to media/audio which it would have to...
  7. Surround Sound With Bluetooth Speaker

Surround Sound With Bluetooth Speaker: I have a wired speakers and a Bluetooth speaker I would like to use for surround sound. I can get the sound to come through both using stereo mix but would like to use it with windows sonic or dolby atmos as a surround speaker. Is there a feature in windows or a third party...
  8. No sound from Bluetooth speakers

No sound from Bluetooth speakers: I have recently updated my system from 1803. To 1903 , however this version too is full of bugs(like 1809). I have got Philips BT50 Bluetooth speakers. When I tried to connect it in 1903, it gets connected, however no sound came from it. Methods tried: 1 reinstall the...
  9. No sound coming from connected Bluetooth speakers

No sound coming from connected Bluetooth speakers: Hi. I've recently purchased a Xiaomi Bluetooth speaker for my Windows 10 (64 bit) laptop. The speaker connects without a problem but there is no sound coming from it. I've uninstalled and reinstalled the Bluetooth drivers but still no sound. The speaker - - Shows as...
  10. Sound balancing in bluetooth speakers

in Windows 10 Customization
    Sound balancing in bluetooth speakers: When I try to balance the sound from my left and right bluetooth speakers in sound settings, they increase/decrease simultaneously. It didn't happen before. I'm using Windows 10 pro. How to solve this issue?...