Windows 10: Bluetooth audio and mic

Discus and support Bluetooth audio and mic in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hey Reddit, I'm in a bit of an issue when trying to use my Bluetooth headphones with my Windows 10 machine. It seems that when I connect them to the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/_cluelessDev_, Nov 6, 2020.

1. Bluetooth audio and mic

Hey Reddit, I'm in a bit of an issue when trying to use my Bluetooth headphones with my Windows 10 machine.

It seems that when I connect them to the laptop the pc recognises the device and I'm able to play music through it perfectly. However when I try to use it for Slack calls (or anything that requires a microphone) noone can hear me.

But I did notice that there is 2 options when selecting the Bluetooth device when clicking on the sound icon,1 has the text "Hands free AG audio". Now when selecting this the microphone works! But then the sound quality is drastically reduced.

At first I thought maybe it's the headphones and have swapped them out but that didn't resolve it, and they works perfectly when using my android device. Any ideas on what I'm doing wrong?

submitted by /u/_cluelessDev_
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/_cluelessDev_, Nov 6, 2020
  2. fireberd Win User

USB Mic Problems.

The next step is what I suggested originally. Try it in a friend's PC or take it to Best Buy and ask them to try it one of their PC's. Have to confirm the mic is working OK.

fireberd, Nov 6, 2020
  3. Lumia 950 mic audio pickup too weak

Hello,

For us to be able to isolate why your audio mic is weak, kindly answer these questions:

• What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?
    • Have you already contacted B2X regarding your concern?

We'll be waiting for your updates.

Gerald Mal, Nov 6, 2020
  4. Aman Win User

Bluetooth audio and mic

Bluetooth headphone mic and stereo audio not working simultaneously on laptop

I have a Sennheiser HD4.40BT bluetooth headphone.

When I connect this to my android phone, I can listen stereo quality music and while call, I can hear other person clearly and use the mic also.

Problem appear when I connected headphone with my laptop through laptop's inbuilt bluetooth.

The problem is headphone is connecting in one of 2 ways: Headphone mode and Headset mode(with mic).

- When I select headphone mode, sound is great but I cannot use my mic.

- When I select headset mode(or handsfree mode), I continuously hear static and very poor audio quality but can use mic with this mode.

I already read to disable headset mode to get stereo quality but "this is not my purpose".

What I want is to use headphone with stereo audio and mic simultaneously.

Aman, Nov 6, 2020
Thema:

Bluetooth audio and mic

1. Bluetooth audio and mic - Similar Threads - Bluetooth audio mic

2. Bluetooth headset headphones&mic connected, but no audio

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bluetooth headset headphones&mic connected, but no audio: Aw shoot, here we go again. YEAH MICROSOFT, YOU STILL DID NOT FIX IT!So recently I've updated my drivers and my by bluetooth headset failed to work. Before that, however I had to disable bluetooth, set my headset into pairing mode, and than turn bt on again - because if I...
  3. Bluetooth headset headphones&mic connected, but no audio

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bluetooth headset headphones&mic connected, but no audio: Aw shoot, here we go again. YEAH MICROSOFT, YOU STILL DID NOT FIX IT!So recently I've updated my drivers and my by bluetooth headset failed to work. Before that, however I had to disable bluetooth, set my headset into pairing mode, and than turn bt on again - because if I...
  4. Bluetooth headset with mic mic not working

Bluetooth headset with mic mic not working: In windows 11 I just purchased a Bluetooth headset with mic. I can see in settings that the headset is pared but not the mic. I can hear but not talk. When searching for the device in the mic section it does not seem to be found? Both computer and headset with mic are new?...
  5. Mic works in Audio Jack to Bluetooth Transmitter ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mic works in Audio Jack to Bluetooth Transmitter ?: Hi, I have two laptops personal & official and 2 monitors. Laptops and Monitors are connected through a KVM switch. The KVM switch makes is super easy to switch displays between laptops. In the KVM switch, I have wireless keyboard, mouse, USB webcam connected. There is an...
  6. Mic works in Audio Jack to Bluetooth Transmitter ?

Mic works in Audio Jack to Bluetooth Transmitter ?: Hi, I have two laptops personal & official and 2 monitors. Laptops and Monitors are connected through a KVM switch. The KVM switch makes is super easy to switch displays between laptops. In the KVM switch, I have wireless keyboard, mouse, USB webcam connected. There is an...
  7. Bluetooth Headphones Audio and Mic not work at same time.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Bluetooth Headphones Audio and Mic not work at same time.: Hi, I have bluetooth headset that works fine with my mobile, mic and audio works at same time. But in windows 10, i can use one at a time. if i use headphone for ausio mics stop and vice versa. if in sound properties i select Playback tab i hear the sound but as soon as...
  8. Bluetooth Headset Audio and Mic Issue

Bluetooth Headset Audio and Mic Issue: I bought a bluetooth headphone MPOW X 4.0 and when I connected it to my Dell Computer, in the sound tab, I viewed two audios stereo and hands free when I chose stereo no sound was coming through the headphone and the mic was not working. And when I chose hands free audio, the...
  9. My bluetooth headset only connects as mic, and not audio

My bluetooth headset only connects as mic, and not audio: So today i booted up my pc and tried to connect my bluetooth headset to it, but, it connected as a mic, and not as a audio device. Yesterday it was working just fine! I really dont know what happened my headphones are WC-CH510, sony. [ATTACH]...
  10. Bluetooth Headphones Mic - no audio output when mic is on

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Bluetooth Headphones Mic - no audio output when mic is on: hey there!I'm having a hard time with windows 10 to configure my headphones (sony WH-CH500) which I connected with bluetooth. The mic is working, the output to the headphones is also working but as soon as the mic gets switched on the audio output is gone, so can't hear...