Windows 10: Bluetooth audio choppy after most recent feature update (version 1903) installed on 8/31/19

Discus and support Bluetooth audio choppy after most recent feature update (version 1903) installed on 8/31/19 in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; The audio for my Skullcandy method wireless bluetooth headphones is stuttering like crazy and insanely choppy after the most recent update. I've tried... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Harvestar, Sep 1, 2019.

1. Harvestar Win User

Bluetooth audio choppy after most recent feature update (version 1903) installed on 8/31/19

The audio for my Skullcandy method wireless bluetooth headphones is stuttering like crazy and insanely choppy after the most recent update. I've tried everything I could find; reinstalling drivers, rolling back drivers (which I couldn't really do cause there weren't any to roll back to),and updating drivers on anything that could be connected to bluetooth features. None of it worked. Also I double checked and they work just as fine as always with my phone so I know it's my laptop. I have an Asus X555D.

:)

Harvestar, Sep 1, 2019

2. Bluetooth Audio Cutting In and Out/Choppy

Hi All,

I have been battling with this for a few weeks now, I have got myself some good quality bluetooth headphones, which work perfectly on my android phone (Samsung S7 Edge).

I paired them with my work computer which is running Windows 10 Pro x64, the system itself is i5-7500 with 8 GB Ram, and the sound is so choppy it is unusable.

I have tried everything:

1: Uninstalling the drivers from device manager, rebooting and letting windows install the default drivers.
    2: Installing the latest Widcomm Bluetooth Drivers (12.0.1.940)
    3: Changed all the settings as recommended from the various posts on the web including changing the headphones service to Audio Sink only.

Nothing works, the Audio is cutting out very rapidly, sometimes 1-2 times a second, then it might be fine for a few seconds then starts again.

The bluetooth does not get disconnected, it is just the audio. It is pretty much unusable as it stands.

Please can someone help me out with this?

cyph3r5hark, Sep 1, 2019
  3. Choppy Bluetooth Audio

Hi,

I have a pair of Sony MDR-1000X Bluetooth headphones.

I bought them specifically so I can use their Bluetooth functionality, so it's pretty annoying how the audio is incredibly choppy.

I've had a similar experience with previous Bluetooth headphones.

Usually what happens is that they will work for a good few hours and then suddenly the sound will become choppy

How do I fix this? It's so annoying and awful. I don't know why something that I'd think would be pretty simple such as Bluetooth headphones would end up being so terrible on Windows. This doesn't occur on any of my other devices.

Just to clarify: I'm not saying the quality is poor, but that the audio is skipping and lagging. It's a bit weird and sounds quite awful.

GenericalUser, Sep 1, 2019
  4. Bluetooth audio choppy after most recent feature update (version 1903) installed on 8/31/19

Wifi makes bluetooth audio stutter / choppy / hiccup ( Windows 10 , Lenovo Laptop )

Hi Robbie,

We would like to know more about the issue, kindly verify the following:

• How many Bluetooth devices are connected when you get this error?
    • Have you done any recent updates or changes to your computer?
    Usually, when there is more than one Bluetooth devices working simultaneously on the computer, the bandwidth is shared. If there is a low bandwidth, there is a possibility that you might get a poor quality when using a Bluetooth headset or speaker.

We suggest that you update your drivers to the latest Windows 10 compatible drivers, visit this

link
    for the steps.

For more information on installing and updating drivers, visit this
    link

Best regards,

Jeraldine Ase, Sep 1, 2019
Thema:

Bluetooth audio choppy after most recent feature update (version 1903) installed on 8/31/19

1. Bluetooth audio choppy after most recent feature update (version 1903) installed on 8/31/19 - Similar Threads - Bluetooth audio choppy

2. Most recent updates will not install

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Most recent updates will not install: I am having no success in installing new updates on my Windows 10 computer. I have received various error messages that all ultimately result in BSoDs. I have tried clearing my SoftwareDistribution folder, all to no avail.The updates in question are the KB2267602, the...
  3. Audio no longer working after most recent update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Audio no longer working after most recent update: Hello, I recently about a week ago installed a windows update which I had been putting off for a bit and found that after full installation my audio was no longer working. Not thinking much of it I left it a few days hoping some magical fix would come, but unfortunately this...
  4. Audio no longer working after most recent update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Audio no longer working after most recent update: Hello, I recently about a week ago installed a windows update which I had been putting off for a bit and found that after full installation my audio was no longer working. Not thinking much of it I left it a few days hoping some magical fix would come, but unfortunately this...
  5. Audio no longer working after most recent update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  6. Bluetooth and other audio issues after most recent Windows 10 updates.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Bluetooth and other audio issues after most recent Windows 10 updates.: Hello, After updating my computer today I found that the audio for my bluetooth earbuds keeps cutting in and out. I have updated and reinstalled all my audio and bluetooth drivers. I have followed the bluetooth and audio trouble shooting wizards multiple times with no...
  7. Update from 1903 to most recent version

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Update from 1903 to most recent version: 5 days ago, I made a post on here since I got a notification saying that my version of Windows was nearing end of service and that I needed to update it. I paused updates for a week (which resumes on Monday) since I didn't know what to do. I decided that I was going to update...
  8. Able to install most recent cumulative update - 1903?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Able to install most recent cumulative update - 1903?: I have an older version of 1903. I believe the last 3 numbers of the build # is 297. Which was updated back in July. I haven't updated due to issues with the August and September update and rolled back to July. I am wanting to try the latest cumulative update that was...
  9. Audio issues with Fortnite after most recent 1903 update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Audio issues with Fortnite after most recent 1903 update: So apparently this is occuring with other games as well but Fortnite is my main game so im having the most trouble with it. i played fortnite before and after the update and the difference in directional audio quality was like night and day. Before the update I was able to...
  10. Bluetooth audio choppy

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Bluetooth audio choppy: Hi, I have read several other threads, which are locked despite many saying no working solution. I don't have that enhancements tab, I've looked everywhere. I am on 1809 with all MS updates, and all HP updates. I also checked EVERY BT and audio device in the device manager...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. bluetooth audio in 1903