Windows 10: Bluetooth audio choppy

Discus and support Bluetooth audio choppy in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi, I have read several other threads, which are locked despite many saying no working solution. I don't have that enhancements tab, I've looked... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by theolodian, Aug 10, 2019.

1. Bluetooth audio choppy

Hi,

I have read several other threads, which are locked despite many saying no working solution. I don't have that enhancements tab, I've looked everywhere. I am on 1809 with all MS updates, and all HP updates. I also checked EVERY BT and audio device in the device manager for updates manually (interestingly the Realtek BT driver did update despite already having all MS and HP updates...). I have done all of the troubleshooters.

I have Sony WH-1000XM3 headphones. They are perfect on an iPad. On my decent spec PC they don't connect easily and they are choppy. To connect in stereo mode (not handsfree which sounds horrible) after initial pairing you have to turn BT on on the PC after turning on the earphones, or turn off and back on again on the PC - no exceptions. For the choppiness the only thing that seems to have helped a bit was going into the task manager and changing the priority of every process related to BT or Audio from 'normal' to 'realtime'. Still choppy, but the dead time and sped up bit after are a lot smaller and more tolerable. Choppiness is the same next to the PC or on another floor of the house.

BT is far from fully integrated with Windows10 as far as I can tell. It is telling that BT and Audio aren't even topics for support on this website...however integrating with your phone is an important topic %-}

:)

theolodian, Aug 10, 2019

2. Choppy Bluetooth Audio

Hi,

I have a pair of Sony MDR-1000X Bluetooth headphones.

I bought them specifically so I can use their Bluetooth functionality, so it's pretty annoying how the audio is incredibly choppy.

I've had a similar experience with previous Bluetooth headphones.

Usually what happens is that they will work for a good few hours and then suddenly the sound will become choppy

How do I fix this? It's so annoying and awful. I don't know why something that I'd think would be pretty simple such as Bluetooth headphones would end up being so terrible on Windows. This doesn't occur on any of my other devices.

Just to clarify: I'm not saying the quality is poor, but that the audio is skipping and lagging. It's a bit weird and sounds quite awful.

GenericalUser, Aug 10, 2019
  3. kamti Win User
    Problem with bluetooth audio (choppy)

Hi There,

My bluetooth speakers have suddenly started giving choppy sound as soon as my windows updated to 1607. I tried the device with defferent other devices i.e. phones, they worked fine. I tried various times disconnecting and connecting with driver uninstall
    etc but none worked. please suggest.

kamti, Aug 10, 2019
  4. laptou Win User

Bluetooth audio choppy

Choppy Bluetooth Audio

I have a bluetooth speaker, the Creative SoundBlaster Roar SR20A. It works perfectly with my laptop (Intel AC Wireless 3165, I don't know the bluetooth module), except that after a while (especially while watching videos in a browser, such as YouTube), the audio begins to become super choppy, and with it, the video. It begins to act like the video is being repeatedly paused and unpaused, and this always happens after using the speaker for about 30 minutes. I don't know whether I need to download new drivers or something, any ideas?

laptou, Aug 10, 2019
Thema:

Bluetooth audio choppy

1. Bluetooth audio choppy - Similar Threads - Bluetooth audio choppy

2. Windows 10/11 - Audio Stuttering / Choppy Bluetooth

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10/11 - Audio Stuttering / Choppy Bluetooth: Hello all,Recently I purchased a new computer AMD Ryzen with Windows 10 pre-installed.I have multiple bluetooth devices. They work okay but, I only have issues with Bluetooth Headsets. I have tried many bluetooth headsets and the chopping / cutting / stuttering audio sound is...
  3. Windows 10/11 - Audio Stuttering / Choppy Bluetooth

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10/11 - Audio Stuttering / Choppy Bluetooth: Hello all,Recently I purchased a new computer AMD Ryzen with Windows 10 pre-installed.I have multiple bluetooth devices. They work okay but, I only have issues with Bluetooth Headsets. I have tried many bluetooth headsets and the chopping / cutting / stuttering audio sound is...
  4. Windows 10/11 - Audio Stuttering / Choppy Bluetooth

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Browser audio is choppy when using bluetooth.

Browser audio is choppy when using bluetooth.: Problems started arriving around 6 to 8 months ago with a windows update. Browser audio while using bluetooth headphones are choppy. All other apps and system sounds remain perfect. It is only any and all browsers that play audio that includes Opera, Brave, Chrome, Edge and...
  6. Why is YouTube audio choppy?

Why is YouTube audio choppy?: I have a Hewlett Pavilion x360 Convertible 14m-dh1xxx running Windows 10 Pro 64-bit and Chrome version 87.0.4280.141. There was a recent Windows update and now YouTube audio is constantly choppy. This was never happening before and I might add that it doesn't happen while...
  7. Irritating bluetooth headphone problem (choppy audio)

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Irritating bluetooth headphone problem (choppy audio): I use the same headphone for my phone and I don't run into the same issue; the audio keeps lagging and it gets cut off at random intervals on my pc tho. submitted by /u/Leftlightreftright [link] [comments]...
  8. Choppy Audio in Gamebar Recordings

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Choppy Audio in Gamebar Recordings: Hi, I've seen a previous post on this topic here Choppy audio in videos recorded through Game bar - Microsoft Community but the response was pretty much a non-answer because the Mod basically told the guy to just reboot everything and check the settings. This is why I'm...
  9. Bluetooth Audio Laggy and Choppy.

Bluetooth Audio Laggy and Choppy.: Hey Guys, I just recently purchase a newish laptop recently off eBay. Its a HP ProBook 6470b, it didn't came with a hard drive so I pulled the SSD out of my old Dell 1545 which has windows 10 preinstalled. Long story short when I listen to music over Bluetooth to my...
  10. Bluetooth Audio Cutting In and Out/Choppy

Bluetooth Audio Cutting In and Out/Choppy: Hi All, I have been battling with this for a few weeks now, I have got myself some good quality bluetooth headphones, which work perfectly on my android phone (Samsung S7 Edge). I paired them with my work computer which is running Windows 10 Pro x64, the system itself...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 bluetooth speaker choppy

2. fix my choppy bluetooth audio?

3. windows 10 bluetooth super choppy

4. bluetooth audio choppy windows 10,
  5. windows 10 bluetooth earphones sound choppy,
  6. choppy video on windows 10 bluetooth,
  7. choppy audio windows 10 bluetooth stereo,
  8. why is bluetooth choppy,
  9. windwos 10 bluetooth audio choppy,
  10. windows 10 bluetooth choppy,
  11. windows 10 choppy audio bluetooth