Windows 10: Bluetooth audio crackling/clipping

Discus and support Bluetooth audio crackling/clipping in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; ear community, I have a HP Pavilion Desktop TP01-0317ng with a Realtek RTL8821CE WiFi/Bluetooth card inside. The OS of choice is Windows 10 Home... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Daniel_Dur, Mar 25, 2021.

1. Bluetooth audio crackling/clipping

ear community,

I have a HP Pavilion Desktop TP01-0317ng with a Realtek RTL8821CE WiFi/Bluetooth card inside. The OS of choice is Windows 10 Home 64-bit 20H2, fully updated.

Ever since I bought this computer a few months ago I have the following issue:

Music over Bluetooth has noticeable amount of crackling noise. Simply put the signal is clipping all the time. Of course, it is especially noticeable on complex/loud passages of songs.

It is not the source files as they are FLAC's properly ripped from original CD's. Moreover the same files play just fine over the analogue output of the said PC and over Bluetooth form other devices line my OnePlus 5 phone. It is not the headphones/Bluetooth adapter either. I have the same issue with a pair of OnePlus Wireless Z and with an EarStudio ES100 connected to some BeyerDynamic Custom Studio headphones. The same BeyerDynaminc headphones sound just fine over the analogue output of the PC.

These are the things that I have tried in order to fix the issue:

- Turn off spatial sound or any other sound processing setting that Windows shows

- Disable Exclusive Mode

- Adjust the volume

- Reinstall the Bluetooth adapter and make sure the latest drivers are installed from Windows' Device Manager

- Re-pair the Bluetooth headphones delete them from the Bluetooth device and do the pairing again

- Make sure I am using the stereo headphones device and not the headset

- Ran the Bluetooth troubleshooter

- Tried the headphones with other devices phone and work computer to make sure they are working OK

- Tried the analogue output of the PC and everything sounds normal.

- Tried various drivers for the RTL8821CE , both from HP site https://support.hp.com/lt-en/drivers/selfservice/hp-pavilion-desktop-pc-tp01-0000i/29014367/model/32... and from Realtek https://www.realtek.com/en/component/zoo/category/rtl8821ce-software excluding the one Windows installs by default but it makes no difference

- Tried updating the drivers both through Windows Update and HP Support Assistant

- I booted a Fedora 33 Live CD and played the same FLAC songs and everything sounds OK.

- I tried using my work laptop as an audio source and everything sounded OK

Now at this point I don't know what else to try, but to the best of my knowledge, I suspect either some weird processing done by Windows or some issues with the drivers.

Any hint or suggestion would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!

:)

Daniel_Dur, Mar 25, 2021
  2. Pavan_N Win User

windows 10 Bluetooth audio problems

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

• What is the make and model of your computer?
    • Do you get any error message?

I suggest to use a different Bluetooth speaker and check if the same issue persists. Also try using the current speaker with different computer running Windows 10 and check. As you are getting Crackles or warning sound it might be an issue with hardware.

Refer the link below and perform the troubleshooting steps suggested and check if that helps.

Fix connections to Bluetooth audio devices and wireless displays.

Fix connections to Bluetooth audio devices

Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Thanks

Pavan_N, Mar 25, 2021
  3. Audio Crackling

Recently, I've noticed that the audio with my speakers and headphones is "crackling". It doesn't seem to matter what the volume is set at, nor what program I'm running. If I'm playing a game, the audio crackles. If I'm listening to music, the audio crackles.
    I've tried downloading/updating my audio drivers, but nothing seems to help.

JordanBanfield, Mar 25, 2021
  4. Bluetooth audio crackling/clipping

Crackling audio. Skyrim + other games

USB headphones have never been kind to me. They always hiss, pop and crackle. The fact that you can hear it when no audio is being played suggests it's a power /connection issue.

Do you have any 3.5mm or RCA based headphones you can try?

newconroer, Mar 25, 2021
Thema:

Bluetooth audio crackling/clipping

1. Bluetooth audio crackling/clipping - Similar Threads - Bluetooth audio crackling

2. Win 11 Bluetooth audio is only "crackling" noise

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win 11 Bluetooth audio is only "crackling" noise: Only Bluetooth affected. On cold boot, BT headphones announce "Bluetooth connected" and then produce only "crackling" noise when any material containing audio is played. BT AirPod Pro also receives same crackling. Headphones with cable work properly.There are almost too many...
  3. audio crackling

in Windows 10 Gaming
    audio crackling: i have my headphones plugged in through my xbox controller so i can use the microphone aswell. all i hear is crackling after roughly 10 seconds of plugging them in. also when ever i change a setting they go back to normall then start crackling. any fixes?...
  4. audio crackling

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    audio crackling: i have my headphones plugged in through my xbox controller so i can use the microphone aswell. all i hear is crackling after roughly 10 seconds of plugging them in. also when ever i change a setting they go back to normall then start crackling. any fixes?...
  5. Bluetooth audio clipping

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Bluetooth audio clipping: Hello, I've been having this weird Bluetooth audio problem ever since I have bought this new HP Pavilion desktop and I cannot figure out its cause. Sound coming from Bluetooth audio is clipped. Basically it sounds like you'd push the volume of an amp too high and the...
  6. Crackling audio

Crackling audio: A while back I began having crackling audio (mainly in browsers) and eventually I just deleted the audio driver I was using (Realtek). which fixed it for a day. then the crackling returned, but only in browsers. I can't seem to find any fixes that don't require me to leave my...
  7. Audio Crackling

Audio Crackling: I'm hearing this crackling sound coming from my headphones and speakers whenever a sound plays. I've tried other pairs of headphones and it still does it. I've also checked the connectors and wires and they all seem in good condition. I'm not sure if this is a driver issue,...
  8. Bluetooth Headset Audio Crackling

Bluetooth Headset Audio Crackling: I have a pair of Bluetooth headphones and when I connect them to my PC, there is a Headphones mode and a Headset mode. The audio is perfectly fine in Headphones mode but since I need a microphone, I need to have it in Headset mode. The problem is that whenever I put it into...
  9. Audio Crackling

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Audio Crackling: Hi, Lastly, my audio in some games started to crackle. I can start a game, play for a while, and then the audio starts to crackle. What also happens is that I can play for like 5 minutes and then my game freezes and the audio is crackling. Another problem is that after...
  10. Bluetooth audio crackling after v2004 update

Bluetooth audio crackling after v2004 update: I have a Bluetooth speaker that I use to play audio through. It all worked perfectly before the v2004 update, but now there's a crackling in audio. It's like audio disapears suddenly for a second & then come back or sometimes it plays audio very fast for about a second. I...