Windows 10: Bluetooth audio device is "Connected" but the device isn't recognized

Discus and support Bluetooth audio device is "Connected" but the device isn't recognized in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; After working through the issue with my headphones pairing but not connecting in Windows, now they're connected but Window's doesn't "see them." The... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Sp00ky_Electr1c, Nov 30, 2020.

1. Bluetooth audio device is "Connected" but the device isn't recognized

After working through the issue with my headphones pairing but not connecting in Windows, now they're connected but Window's doesn't "see them."

The error I get says "That didn't work. Make sure your device is still discoverable, then try again." This message appears in the Bluetooth settings window that displays that the device is paired (I had just paired them before trying to get them to connect."

I go to the Sound settings to look at the devices that Windows recognizes and it isn't listed. I had also tried with another Bluetooth speaker and the same thing happens. Both work just fine connecting to my phone which had Bluetooth turned off so there wouldn't be any contention for the devices.

The entire setup use to work many, many months ago until some major Windows update (not the most recent one, I think it may have been the spring one or the 1909 update (or was it 1903).... *sigh*

Anyone have any suggestions, I've searched the net and have tried the whole manually updating the device drivers in Device Mangler, then removing all the Bluetooth devices and having Windows recognize them again. It just doesn't make sense that nothing happens after pairing and connecting.

Thanks in advance

submitted by /u/Sp00ky_Electr1c
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Sp00ky_Electr1c, Nov 30, 2020
  2. pheles22 Win User

Audio on connected Bluetooth devices

I'm having a weird problem that I can't figure out and it's driving me nuts.

All that I'm attempting to do is to listen to the podcasts that I have on my Android smart phone through the speakers on my computer via Bluetooth. This worked in Win 8, but since upgrading to 10 I'm encountering a problem.

The computer will pair with the phone with no issues. It will also connect with the device via Bluetooth, no issues there either. But I can't make it pull the audio from the phone. When connected, the audio still plays through the phone, and not the computer.

I've poked around audio settings, and can't find anything. I installed drivers specific to the phone, that did not work. I also went to Dell's site and installed Bluetooth drivers that are specific to my computer. No change.

Any suggestions?

pheles22, Nov 30, 2020
  3. Bluetooth device connected but not recognised as audio device W10

I recently purchased some bluetooth headphones (GLITOBT18). I managed to connect them to my laptop running windows 10.

Bluetooth audio device is "Connected" but the device isn't recognized [​IMG]

However, i cant find the device in the playback settings and i therefore cant play audio through the headphones.

I think this may have something to do with the fact that windows is recognising it as a bluetooth headset rather than a speaker? Any help would be massively appreciated!

JackDunne01, Nov 30, 2020
  4. dalchina Win User

Bluetooth audio device is "Connected" but the device isn't recognized

Bluetooth device connected but not recognised as audio device W10

Hi, what do you see here?

- those are bluetooth too..

dalchina, Nov 30, 2020
Thema:

Bluetooth audio device is "Connected" but the device isn't recognized

1. Bluetooth audio device is "Connected" but the device isn't recognized - Similar Threads - Bluetooth audio device

2. Bluetooth Headphones not Recognized as Audio Device.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bluetooth Headphones not Recognized as Audio Device.: I have ATH-ANC700BT headphones that have been able to pair to my Windows 11 bluetooth easily, however after an update to the computer the headphones are no longer visible to the pc as an audio device and do not play audio. It is not the headphones, because they pair to my...
  3. Bluetooth Headphones not Recognized as Audio Device.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bluetooth Headphones not Recognized as Audio Device.: I have ATH-ANC700BT headphones that have been able to pair to my Windows 11 bluetooth easily, however after an update to the computer the headphones are no longer visible to the pc as an audio device and do not play audio. It is not the headphones, because they pair to my...
  4. Bluetooth isn't connecting to any device

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bluetooth isn't connecting to any device: I can't connect devices to my laptop via Bluetooth, I've been troubleshooting and trying to fix this issue for the past 2 weeks, here's a list of everything I've tried:- Connecting devices to phone confirms there's something wrong with my laptop- Turn Bluetooth off and back...
  5. Bluetooth isn't connecting to any device

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bluetooth isn't connecting to any device: I can't connect devices to my laptop via Bluetooth, I've been troubleshooting and trying to fix this issue for the past 2 weeks, here's a list of everything I've tried:- Connecting devices to phone confirms there's something wrong with my laptop- Turn Bluetooth off and back...
  6. Bluetooth isn't connecting to any device

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. Audio Bluetooth Device connecting as 'Other Device'

Audio Bluetooth Device connecting as 'Other Device': Hi, I've just bought a pair of Cambridge Audio Melomania Wiress Headphones. I'm trying to connect them via Bluetooth to my Windows Surface 4. The headphones are connecting but as an 'Other Device' so I'm not able to use them as an audio device. How can I change this so...
  8. Bluetooth Device is Recognized As Audio Device but not as a Sound Output Device.

Bluetooth Device is Recognized As Audio Device but not as a Sound Output Device.: My bluetooth stereo Denon AVR-S510BT is recognized by Windows 10 as an Audio Device. However, its not recognized as a sound output device. I wish to route Windows Media Player, etc to the Bluetooth stereo, but not happening. Advice? Below are snapshots of the Bluetooth...
  9. Bluetooth headphones connect but aren't recognized as an audio device

Bluetooth headphones connect but aren't recognized as an audio device: I have an ASUS bt400 connector for my PC the model is listed everywhere I checked as simply Gxxx from the manufacturer MEI, and originally had absolutely no troubles in connecting my headphones this exact pair of MPOW headphones to the computer and using them. Mind you, I...
  10. Audio on connected Bluetooth devices

Audio on connected Bluetooth devices: I'm having a weird problem that I can't figure out and it's driving me nuts. All that I'm attempting to do is to listen to the podcasts that I have on my Android smart phone through the speakers on my computer via Bluetooth. This worked in Win 8, but since upgrading to 10...