Windows 10: Bluetooth audio device only connects as hands-free audio headset; disconnects headphone/stereo

Discus and support Bluetooth audio device only connects as hands-free audio headset; disconnects headphone/stereo in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello, While there have been issues like mine in the past, I think mines a little special. I've been able to connect my bluetooth headset, howeverI... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by OrenVentura, Nov 4, 2020.

1. Bluetooth audio device only connects as hands-free audio headset; disconnects headphone/stereo

Hello,

While there have been issues like mine in the past, I think mines a little special. I've been able to connect my bluetooth headset, howeverI would prefer to use it as an audio output only. In the past I have been able to do this, however now I've run into some issues.

Once paired and connected, Settings say that it is only connected to voice rather than music and voice. Checking the playback devices show that only the headset is connected, while the stereo headphones are disconnected and I can't seem to connect to them to make them the default device.

Bluetooth audio device only connects as hands-free audio headset; disconnects headphone/stereo b6b81385-0f3d-4db5-905b-8b64e6fbe036?upload=true.png I've tried it with other bluetooth headsets and the same issue applies. When I try to disable the "Hands Free Telephony" service in device properties they simply just disconnect and are not able to reconnect without uninstalling and reinstalling the device itself. I've also tried reinstalling all my bluetooth drivers to no avail and have rebooted and re-paired my devices countless times...

Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

:)

OrenVentura, Nov 4, 2020
  2. taward Win User

Bluetooth headphones connect but headset portion does not

All,

I have a surface pro 4, fully updated. I also have a pair of Revo bluetooth headphones. They also feature blutetooth calling capabilities (i.e. microphone).

I used to connect these without a problem. Recently something strange has been happening. Now when they connect on the headphones (i.e. stereo audio only) is recognized as an audio device.

Normally Windows recognizes headsets like this as two separate devices - headphones for audio and headsets for calling. I can confirm that device manager sees them both as functioning normally. But, as shown below, the headset portion is showing as disconnected. But there is no way to connect it.

Bluetooth audio device only connects as hands-free audio headset; disconnects headphone/stereo [​IMG]

I have uninstalled and deleted the device and re-paired it. Nothing works. Thoughts?

taward, Nov 4, 2020
  3. Bluetooth headset appears in Device Manager as both a "Hands Free AG Audio" and "Stereo" but cannot connect as "Stereo"

So up until today, my bluetooth headset (EnacFire E60s) had been connecting as a Stereo device, and I had perfect audio quality. However, for some reason, today, it ceased connecting as stereo, and only as a hands-free audio device with poor sound quality.
    I've attempt every fix I can think of. Manually attempting to connect from Device Manager (it either won't connect, or connect as Hands-Free again), disabling Handsfree Telephony (will completely disconnect, and cannot reconnect until after I restart my computer
    and turn it back on), uninstalling every audio and bluetooth related driver and reinstalling them, using Command to do the fix from 2019. I am completely stumped, as to why all of a sudden these would stop connecting properly. Please help...

PandaIsInSpace, Nov 4, 2020
  4. Gabriel B Win User

Bluetooth audio device only connects as hands-free audio headset; disconnects headphone/stereo

Stereo Audio Device Doesn't Show up but Hands-free Audio Device Does

I have an Argon Soul headset which connects to my ASUS laptop via Bluetooth. Usually there are two playback devices, the Stereo device and the Hands-free device "Argon Sould Hands-Free AG Audio". Usually, the stereo device would be the default playback device.

Recently the Stereo device has completely disappeared when I connect my headphones, and now I only have the low-quality monophonic Hands free device. This happened after I rebooted my computer recently.

How would I retrieve the stereo output? This problem has not occurred with my other devices like my phone.

Gabriel B, Nov 4, 2020
Thema:

Bluetooth audio device only connects as hands-free audio headset; disconnects headphone/stereo

1. Bluetooth audio device only connects as hands-free audio headset; disconnects headphone/stereo - Similar Threads - Bluetooth audio device

2. Bluetooth Headphones connect only Stereo - not Hands-Free

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bluetooth Headphones connect only Stereo - not Hands-Free: Hello,My Bluetooth Jabra 85t headphones only connect in the stereo mode and the hands-free mode, which supports the microphone, shows disconnected in audio devices. See screenshot below.This prevents me from using the microphone function....
  3. Bluetooth Headphones connect only Stereo - not Hands-Free

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bluetooth Headphones connect only Stereo - not Hands-Free: Hello,My Bluetooth Jabra 85t headphones only connect in the stereo mode and the hands-free mode, which supports the microphone, shows disconnected in audio devices. See screenshot below.This prevents me from using the microphone function....
  4. Bluetooth Headphones connect only Stereo - not Hands-Free

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Bluetooth Headphones will only connect to Handsfree Audio, not Stereo Stereo is disconnected

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bluetooth Headphones will only connect to Handsfree Audio, not Stereo Stereo is disconnected: The Bluetooth headphones that I'm using are the JBL E45BTs and when I connect my headphones to my Windows 10 PC, the sound quality is terrible and there's no option to switch it to Stereo. I checked the Sound Playback list and saw that the Stereo option was disconnected for...
  6. Bluetooth Headphones will only connect to Handsfree Audio, not Stereo Stereo is disconnected

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bluetooth Headphones will only connect to Handsfree Audio, not Stereo Stereo is disconnected: The Bluetooth headphones that I'm using are the JBL E45BTs and when I connect my headphones to my Windows 10 PC, the sound quality is terrible and there's no option to switch it to Stereo. I checked the Sound Playback list and saw that the Stereo option was disconnected for...
  7. Bluetooth Headphones will only connect to Handsfree Audio, not Stereo Stereo is disconnected

8. Bluetooth headphones can't use stereo, only hands free audio

Bluetooth headphones can't use stereo, only hands free audio: Hello there!I recently bought new headphones. I never had Bluetooth headphones before so I also had to buy a usb bluetooth dongle.I can connect my headphones but if I connect them, I can only use them with hands free audio and not with stereo audio. In the bluetooth settings...
  9. Bluetooth headset Hands-Free AG audio no stereo sound

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Bluetooth headset Hands-Free AG audio no stereo sound: I have a Bluetooth 5.0 sony headset which I use with both a laptop and a phone. When I switch from the phone to the laptop it connects fine but it displays Connected (voice) instead of Connected (voice, music) and the sound has terrible quality, no stereo sound. The Windows...
  10. Bluetooth headset will only show as hands-free device, but not stereo.

Bluetooth headset will only show as hands-free device, but not stereo.: I'm using SkullCandy Crusher headphones with a dell windows 10 PC. They were working before I went on vacation. Before vacation, in the sound control panel the headset would show up twice, one as stereo, and one as hands-free AG. I would have the Stereo one as my default...