Windows 10: Bluetooth audio devices disconnecting after 2 seconds

Discus and support Bluetooth audio devices disconnecting after 2 seconds in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Issue with connecting BT audio devices - both BeoPlay H9i (latest firmware) and UE Boom. BT set to discoverable on both devices and PC, "Connect to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by khalfdan, Apr 10, 2019.

1. khalfdan Win User

Bluetooth audio devices disconnecting after 2 seconds

Issue with connecting BT audio devices - both BeoPlay H9i (latest firmware) and UE Boom.

BT set to discoverable on both devices and PC, "Connect to Bluetooth Device" in windows works perfectly - identifies devices and connects immediately. After approx. 2 seconds the status of the device changes from "Connected" to "Paired". Subsequently unable to reconnect to device except when removing the device and going from scratch which just repeats the process. No difference between the audio devices.

Have:

- updated drivers

- updated windows

- disconnected the audio devices from all other BT devices (paired phones etc)

- run the windows troubleshooter (useless as always)

- rebooted multiple times

- checked manufacturers' websites for drivers/solutions

- set Bluetooth Support Service and Bluetooth Audio Gateway Service to "Automatic" (using services app)

- unchecked the "allow computer to turn off device to save power" under the Bluetooth properties

- attempted the ad hoc solution suggested elsewhere to initiate connection from pc by hitting "connect" and then turning on audio device

- generally run through the threads I could find concerning the topic with no luck

I should add that this has been an ongoing issue for several updates so not broken by most recent update.

I've included the event logs for my last attempt at getting UE boom to function - they appear to be the same for all tries on both devices.

best regards

-------------------------

System information

OS Name Microsoft Windows 10 Pro

Version 10.0.17763 Build 17763

Other OS Description Not Available

OS Manufacturer Microsoft Corporation

System Manufacturer Dell Inc.

System Model XPS 13 9350

System Type x64-based PC

System SKU 0704

Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-6200U CPU @ 2.30GHz, 2400 Mhz, 2 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s)

BIOS Version/Date Dell Inc. 1.3.3, 01/03/2016

SMBIOS Version 2.8

Embedded Controller Version 255.255

BIOS Mode UEFI

--------------------------

Driver information

Dell Wireless 1820A Bluetooth 4.1 LE

Driver Provider: Broadcom Corporation
    Driver version: 12.0.1.960
    --------------------------

Event log (for UE Boom)

*18:40:25

Device BTHENUM\DEV_88C626049782\7&2D1D7379&3&BLUETOOTHDEVICE_88C626049782 was deleted.

Class Guid: {e0cbf06c-cd8b-4647-bb8a-263b43f0f974}

*18:40:51

Device BTHENUM\Dev_88C626049782\7&2d1d7379&3&BluetoothDevice_88C626049782 was configured.

Driver Name: bth.inf
    Driver Date: 06/21/2006
    Driver Version: 10.0.17763.348
    Driver Provider: Microsoft
    Driver Section: BthGenericDevice.NT
    Driver Rank: 0xFF2000
    Matching Device Id: BTHENUM\GENERIC_DEVICE
    Outranked Drivers:
    Device Updated: false
    Parent Device: BTH\MS_BTHBRB\6&2f4b9dbe&0&1

*18:40:51

Device BTHENUM\Dev_88C626049782\7&2d1d7379&3&BluetoothDevice_88C626049782 was started.

Driver Name: bth.inf

Service:

Lower Filters:

Upper Filters:

:)

khalfdan, Apr 10, 2019
  2. Epos7 Win User

Troubleshooting Bluetooth Device Disconnections

I use two Bluetooth devices with my computer - a wireless mouse and an Xbox One controller. The mouse has worked fine for over a year and the Xbox controller worked fine for a few days before I started having problems.

The issue happens most frequently when playing Destiny 2 where both the mouse and controller will disconnect. This causes the game to freeze for 5-10 seconds until a message pops up about the disconnected device. Both devices eventually reconnect. Occasionally the game hangs here and I have to restart the computer.

The issue has also happened when browsing the internet with just the mouse connected, where the mouse will disconnect, and only turning off/turning on Bluetooth will fix it.

I have tried uninstalling the Bluetooth driver, restarting, and installing the Intel Bluetooth and WiFi drivers for my wireless card - Intel 7260. I have also tried disabling the power management option "Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power".

As you can see from the Event Viewer, there are multiple error reports each time this happens. I would greatly appreciate any help, thanks!

Bluetooth audio devices disconnecting after 2 seconds [​IMG]

Epos7, Apr 10, 2019
  3. How to disconnect and reconnect bluetooth devices in Windows 10?

Hi Melody,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. We understand the inconvenience caused and will assist you.

I suggest you to follow the steps provided below and check if it helps.

• Pair the Bluetooth device to the system.
    • Right click on the Speaker icon in the System tray and select
      Playback Devices.
    • Select the device and click on the drop down list next to Set default button.
    • Select the option to connect and disconnect from the device.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Apr 10, 2019
  4. Bluetooth audio devices disconnecting after 2 seconds

BeoPlay S3 recognized in Bluetooth but not as an audio device

Hi DavidHodapp!

I had the same problem, but solved it in the following way:

Go to the Windows Bluetooth device manager screen.

If the Beoplay S3 is already in your Bluetooth device list, remove it from the list of bluetooth devices.

Then, press the B&O Button on your Beoplay S3 for about 2 seconds.

The speaker will give an audio signal and the LED will flash blue.

Now, click "Add new bluetooth device" in the Bluetooth device manager screen.

When Beoplay S3 is shown as an option, add it.

It should now be recognized as an audio device.

The key is to put Beoplay S3 in "bluetooth install mode" by pressing the B&O button for about 2 seconds until it gives an acknowledge signal and the LED flashes blue.

Hope this works for you - it did work for me!

Regards

Thorsten

ThorstenSchmermund, Apr 10, 2019
Thema:

Bluetooth audio devices disconnecting after 2 seconds

1. Bluetooth audio devices disconnecting after 2 seconds - Similar Threads - Bluetooth audio devices

2. Bluetooth disconnects after a few seconds

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Bluetooth disconnects after a few seconds: Hi, I've recently bought a new laptop and I tried connecting a bluetoothe device. It pairs but after a few seconds it disconnects. This happens for different devices. I've already tried to reinstall the driver, install another drive, restart the bluetooth services and install...
  3. Bluetooth disconnects after a few seconds

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bluetooth disconnects after a few seconds: Hi, I've recently bought a new laptop and I tried connecting a bluetoothe device. It pairs but after a few seconds it disconnects. This happens for different devices. I've already tried to reinstall the driver, install another drive, restart the bluetooth services and install...
  4. Bluetooth disconnects after a few seconds

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Bluetooth audio device connects and disconnects after Windows 21H1 update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bluetooth audio device connects and disconnects after Windows 21H1 update: Hi. Last week I got a pair of Touch Two C8 wireless earbuds, plugged them in before an update, and the earbuds worked fine. After upgrading to 21H1, the headphones would plug in and out or fill with static. Can someone help me please?...
  6. Bluetooth audio device connects and disconnects after Windows 21H1 update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bluetooth audio device connects and disconnects after Windows 21H1 update: Hi. Last week I got a pair of Touch Two C8 wireless earbuds, plugged them in before an update, and the earbuds worked fine. After upgrading to 21H1, the headphones would plug in and out or fill with static. Can someone help me please?...
  7. Bluetooth audio device connects and disconnects after Windows 21H1 update

8. Bluetooth disconnects second monitor

Bluetooth disconnects second monitor: I have a second monitor that connects to my laptop through an HDMI cable. The second monitor will randomly disconnect and reconnect whenever I try to play audio using a Bluetooth earpiece. I am very certain it has to do with an issue where Bluetooth is drawing power away from...
  9. Bluetooth Audio Devices Disconnect When Playing Audio

Bluetooth Audio Devices Disconnect When Playing Audio: Issue Description: After pairing my audio device it shows as connected in the Bluetooth settings. When I tab out of settings and play audio, the Bluetooth device disconnects neither bluetooth nor the audio device is turned off, the device just disconnects. Sometimes the...
  10. Bluetooth device apple magic mouse turns off/ disconnects after 1-2 seconds when not used...

Bluetooth device apple magic mouse turns off/ disconnects after 1-2 seconds when not used...: Hello everybody, I've installed Windows on my macbook via bootcamp. Everything works fine but I can't get my Apple magic mouse work. It works when I delete the mouse under bluetooth settings, then add it again. However, it turns off immediately when I stop using it. The...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. bluetooth keeps disconnecting every 2 seconds

2. bluetooth headphones diconnect after 2 seconds