Windows 10: Bluetooth audio devices lag on Windows 10 and 11 - still in May 2023 unresolved since at...

Discus and support Bluetooth audio devices lag on Windows 10 and 11 - still in May 2023 unresolved since at... in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Helloo? Hellooooooo Microsoft?This bug is still there since 2016 at least. Horrible audio delay when using Bluetooth earbuds or headphones on Windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Mu The Guardian, May 30, 2023.

1. Bluetooth audio devices lag on Windows 10 and 11 - still in May 2023 unresolved since at...

Helloo? Hellooooooo Microsoft?This bug is still there since 2016 at least. Horrible audio delay when using Bluetooth earbuds or headphones on Windows 10 and 11.System info in this specific case:Windows 10 Pro version 22H2 Build 19045.2965None of the troubleshooting techniques available online work, none of them. Including:• Turning Bluetooth on and off• Removing the device and re-pairing it• Checking interference from other devices, eliminating distance from the PC• Disabling all advanced audio effects for the deviceHellooo? On Android there is no such audio delay. On Linux there isn't.Peopl

:)

Mu The Guardian, May 30, 2023

2. Bluetooth audio lag on windows 10 & 11: will it ever be fixed? A discussion

The delay/lag is killer. Netflix, Prime, out of sync lip movement with audio.

ㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤ

You can install Linux on exactly the same hardware and use the same Bluetooth headphones or earbuds and it completely fixes the delay/lag of up to 500ms. This is not a device or hardware issue.

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ.

Please note this is not a tech support post. It is a discussion about the lack of progress in fixing this issue.

ㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤ.

In a forum post on this from 2016, the post has 1042 votes by people with the same issue: “I have the same question (1042)”. It carried on until sometime in 2020 before it was locked. The issue itself was not fixed & remains for many in Windows 10 & 11.

Redirecting

What do you all think about the fact this issue still hasn’t been fixed?

I want to say that I am a massive fan of Windows. 7 was a masterpiece, 10 was a revolution. It is the great equaliser. Can everyone afford a Mac or run Linux? No. But anyone can run Windows. The issue is, it’s losing some of that efficient powerful function it had during 7.

Bluetooth is so infamously broken on Windows that gaming wireless headphone makers for PC sell headphones with their own USB transmitters and proprietary stuff to avoid the lag. They use keywords “eliminate delays” “eliminates lag”. People are using TWS buds with android gaming mode also to get around Windows lag in all scenarios, it’s only meant for lag with gaming. On windows it must be used just to watch a film with no audio delay. Windows does this so badly an entire industry is running around it. You won’t get lag or delay like this on iOS, you won’t get lag like this on Linux, you won’t get lag like this on Mac, you won’t even get lag as bad as this on cheap Android phones - the lag android users complain about is lower than Win11 lag. Maybe 100-150 ms.

I spent all day Sunday trying lots of fixes suggested online:

- Disabling Bluetooth personal area networks

- Disabling talk mode

- Restarting over and over

- Turning Bluetooth off and on again.

A small amount of quietly raved about doing these, and after i did all that, what did it achieve? Little. Audio still out of sync with lips on TV and Movie shows on my laptop.

And it’s not just delayed audio. Windows lags so badly with Bluetooth devices that people complain Bluetooth mice stutter around the screen and take almost a second to catch up sometimes.

What do you all think about the fact this issue still hasn’t been fixed?

Light-itup, May 30, 2023
  3. Pavan_N Win User
    windows 10 Bluetooth audio problems

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

• What is the make and model of your computer?
    • Do you get any error message?

I suggest to use a different Bluetooth speaker and check if the same issue persists. Also try using the current speaker with different computer running Windows 10 and check. As you are getting Crackles or warning sound it might be an issue with hardware.

Refer the link below and perform the troubleshooting steps suggested and check if that helps.

Fix connections to Bluetooth audio devices and wireless displays.

Fix connections to Bluetooth audio devices - Microsoft Support

Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Thanks

Pavan_N, May 30, 2023
  4. Bluetooth audio devices lag on Windows 10 and 11 - still in May 2023 unresolved since at...

Asus M32cd bluetooth audio lag

Hi Jessie,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

As per the description, I understand that you are facing issues using Bluetooth speakers.

I suggest you to runthe Hardware and Devices
    troubleshooter and check if it helps.

• Type troubleshooting in the search bar.
    • Select Troubleshooting.
    • Select View all on the top left corner.
    • ClickonHardware and Devices.
    • Follow the on-screen instructions to run the troubleshooter.
    • Check if issue persists.

I would suggest you to refer to the Microsoft Help Article given below and check if that helps.

Fix connections to Bluetooth audio devices - Microsoft Support

Hope this information helps. Please let us know if you need any other assistance with Windows in future. We will be happy to assist you.

Mayank Gupta10, May 30, 2023
Thema:

Bluetooth audio devices lag on Windows 10 and 11 - still in May 2023 unresolved since at...

1. Bluetooth audio devices lag on Windows 10 and 11 - still in May 2023 unresolved since at... - Similar Threads - Bluetooth audio devices

2. Bluetooth audio devices lag on Windows 10 and 11 - still in May 2023 unresolved since at...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bluetooth audio devices lag on Windows 10 and 11 - still in May 2023 unresolved since at...: Helloo? Hellooooooo Microsoft?This bug is still there since 2016 at least. Horrible audio delay when using Bluetooth earbuds or headphones on Windows 10 and 11.System info in this specific case:Windows 10 Pro version 22H2 Build 19045.2965None of the troubleshooting techniques...
  3. Bluetooth audio devices lag on Windows 10 and 11 - still in May 2023 unresolved since at...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bluetooth audio devices lag on Windows 10 and 11 - still in May 2023 unresolved since at...: Helloo? Hellooooooo Microsoft?This bug is still there since 2016 at least. Horrible audio delay when using Bluetooth earbuds or headphones on Windows 10 and 11.System info in this specific case:Windows 10 Pro version 22H2 Build 19045.2965None of the troubleshooting techniques...
  4. Bluetooth audio lag on windows 10 & 11: will it ever be fixed? A discussion

Bluetooth audio lag on windows 10 & 11: will it ever be fixed? A discussion: The delay/lag is killer. Netflix, Prime, Disney, totally out of sync lip movement with audio. You can install Linux on exactly the same hardware and use the same Bluetooth headphones or earbuds and it completely fixes the delay/lag of up to 500ms. This is not a device or...
  5. audio crackles and lags since last windows 11 update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    audio crackles and lags since last windows 11 update: I have a Acer Swift 3 with Realtek audio drivers. I've tried many different fixes suggested on youtube to no avail. The audio recently started to crackle and lags or even has speed variation when listening to mp-3s...What can Microsoft do to fix this?...
  6. audio crackles and lags since last windows 11 update

audio crackles and lags since last windows 11 update: I have a Acer Swift 3 with Realtek audio drivers. I've tried many different fixes suggested on youtube to no avail. The audio recently started to crackle and lags or even has speed variation when listening to mp-3s...What can Microsoft do to fix this?...
  7. Lag/stutter issues since installing Windows 10 May Update

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Lag/stutter issues since installing Windows 10 May Update: Hello. I've noticed since I have installed the Windows 10 2004 May update, I have started to get some lag/connection issues in online games, mainly Rocket League (in match, game freezes for about 2 seconds, then jumps and some network icons appear for half a second). I've...
  8. Bluetooth audio stutter and lag on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Bluetooth audio stutter and lag on Windows 10: As the title says, audio is lagging very much on Windows 10 with bluetooth earbuds (ATH-CKS5TW). Sometimes i hear parts of audio skipping ahead a bit but mostly it's plain loss of audio for a milisecond and this happens all the time after about 5 or 15 seconds. I have tried...
  9. Audio with Windows 10 to many unresolved solutions

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Audio with Windows 10 to many unresolved solutions: Over the past year I have come across the Audio not automatically starting up. This does not matter what make or model of desktop or laptop. During the year it has gotten worse to where more and more systems are getting this issue. If the user is not part of the local...
  10. Bluetooth audio lag

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Bluetooth audio lag: I have some issues with the audioquality. Using a SurfaceBook2 and Boose QuietComfort. Everytime the computer has been in sleepmode the audio "lag". It's like the sound "snaps" for like half a second, about every 10-20 second. There are two workarounds that i've found that...