Windows 10: Bluetooth audio grunts after recent update

Discus and support Bluetooth audio grunts after recent update in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi. I don't know if this is the right place to post it, but I'll try. Recently I updated my Windows 10 desktop-PC with the update "Function update... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by eliasojohansen, Dec 17, 2020.

1. Bluetooth audio grunts after recent update

Hi. I don't know if this is the right place to post it, but I'll try.

Recently I updated my Windows 10 desktop-PC with the update "Function update for Windows 10, version 20H2". This gave me Cortana on my taskbar, which I did not have earlier. I suppose there are other changes made to my computer with that update too, that I just won't notice directly.

Anyways, I use the ASUS BT-400 Bluetooth USB-Adapter. It has 10 meter range, according to the product descriptions. Whomever, whenever I proceed to an area which has a wall in between it let's say I move to another room in my house, just shy off 2-3 meters away it grunts. It struggles to provide sound/audio that is stable, and basically "lags". Bad "framerate". It happens from time to time when I'm sitting at my desk too. I've wondered if this is because my PC is under my desk, but I don't really know to be honest.

But, after updating my computer with the recent update as mentioned, it always grunts and lags. It cannot give me any form of stable sound. It's like a Vinyl scratch, and it appears every second. One second I will hear the audio as it should be, the other second the "Vinyl scratch". It is terribly annoying and I've stopped using it since. I've tried to look for drivers for the USB-adapter, but the latest apparently came out in 2015, and I have that. No help in opening device manager and manually updating it there, neither through Windows update I always check every day.

The question is, what do I do? I am unsure whether or not that USB-adapter is plugged in an USB 3.0 or USB 2.0 port on my PC, but regardless it has worked all the way until now of course the lagging has been bugging me too, but I have had a stable connection appart from those few times.

What do I do? I personally don't want to remove the newest update, as I like to have the most recent software avaliable. I have tried to search for a Bluetooth USB-adapter with an USB 3.0 plug, as this one has a 2.0 plug. I haven't found any, unfortunately.

Would it fix my issue if I had a Bluetooth USB-adapter with a 3.0 plug instead of a 2.0 plug? It has the Bluetooth 4.0 software my current adapter.

I really appreciate any form of answer, as I am somewhat lost at the moment, and would like to have a stable Bluetooth connection to my self-built desktop PC, which doesn't have intregrated Bluetooth.

Thanks in advance!

:)

eliasojohansen, Dec 17, 2020

2. Recent update has caused issues with bluetooth

Hi Daniel,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

Share this information to assist you better.

• Have you tried any troubleshooting steps on your computer?
    I suggest you to check the status of Bluetooth in device manager.

Method 1: Check Device Manager.

• Press Windows + X, click on Device Manager.

• Check for any exclamation marks in there.
    If exclamations mark are there on any device name, try to update them by right clicking on them.

Method 2: Follow below steps.

Step 1: Run Hardware and Device troubleshooter.

• Press Windows + W, Type troubleshooting.

• From the search list, click on troubleshooting

• On the left pane, click on view all.

• From the list click on hardware and devices troubleshooter.

• Follow on screen instructions to complete the troubleshooting.

Method 3:

I suggest you to uninstall the Bluetooth driver from the device manager and install the latest driver for the device from the manufacturer website.

Step 1: Uninstall and Reinstall Bluetooth Driver.

Please follow the steps given here to uninstall and then reinstall the Bluetooth driver.

a) Press Windows key +X
    key when you are at desktop.

b) Select Device Manager.

c) Find and double-click Bluetooth driver from the left panel to uninstall

d) Right-click the device, and click Uninstall.

e) Windows will prompt you to confirm the device’s removal. Click OK
    to remove the driver.

f) After the uninstallation is complete, reboot your computer as soon as possible.

Step 2: Install the Bluetooth driver from the manufacturer’s website.

You can logon to the manufacturer website and install the driver latest drivers in compatible mode.

Hope these information helps, please get back to us for future support, we’ll be glad to assist you further.

Rakesh Narayanaswamy, Dec 17, 2020
  3. Pavan_N Win User
    windows 10 Bluetooth audio problems

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

• What is the make and model of your computer?
    • Do you get any error message?

I suggest to use a different Bluetooth speaker and check if the same issue persists. Also try using the current speaker with different computer running Windows 10 and check. As you are getting Crackles or warning sound it might be an issue with hardware.

Refer the link below and perform the troubleshooting steps suggested and check if that helps.

Fix connections to Bluetooth audio devices and wireless displays.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/...audio-devices-and-wireless-displays#v1h=tab01

Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Thanks

Pavan_N, Dec 17, 2020
  4. Bluetooth audio grunts after recent update

Marvin Barc, Dec 17, 2020
Thema:

Bluetooth audio grunts after recent update

1. Bluetooth audio grunts after recent update - Similar Threads - Bluetooth audio grunts

2. Bluetooth and other audio issues after most recent Windows 10 updates.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Bluetooth and other audio issues after most recent Windows 10 updates.: Hello, After updating my computer today I found that the audio for my bluetooth earbuds keeps cutting in and out. I have updated and reinstalled all my audio and bluetooth drivers. I have followed the bluetooth and audio trouble shooting wizards multiple times with no...
  3. Audio cutting in and out after recent update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Audio cutting in and out after recent update: Hello, My audio has not been functioning correctly since the last update and it will not allow me to go back to previous version. I spent 8 hours testing everything from audio drivers to uninstalling and reinstalling the games. Headset works fine tested on another pc with...
  4. Audio issue after recent windows update

Audio issue after recent windows update: After the most recent update I have been experiencing an audio issue where even though my default sound output is set to my speakers and the system sounds is set to use the default unable to change that anymore apparently? the sound is still being routed to my Arctis 7...
  5. Bluetooth not showing after recent update.

Bluetooth not showing after recent update.: Hi After I updated to the recent Windows 10 update, Bluetooth option is not showing in either settings or device manager. I updated all possible drivers using drp.su Any response will be appreciated. Thank you Rahul Jha...
  6. Headphone Audio Stuttering via Bluetooth Connection after recent Update

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Headphone Audio Stuttering via Bluetooth Connection after recent Update: Hello, Please may you be of assistance? I recently updated my windows to 2004 but after that, the audio in my headphones that was previously working well-started stuttering. I cannot play any video on my computer or online without the audio stuttering. Please may you advise...
  7. No audio after recent update, please help!

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    No audio after recent update, please help!: This morning I was prompted by windows to update. After the update was complete I had no audio. I ran a scan of my audio devices, no issues were detected. I checked for driver updates, I have the latest version. I uninstalled and reinstalled the audio device drivers, still no...
  8. Audio Issues After Recent Updates

Audio Issues After Recent Updates: So I am using my surface pro docking station to run my speaker on and several times each day the Audio goes silent. I have ran the troubleshooter, restarted the services several times and always still have to restart my unit. I have even tried uninstalling the driver and...
  9. Recent update, no audio

Recent update, no audio: as it says. year old computer. after update it tells me that is no audio hardware present. rebooted computer 5 times, nothing. used the trouble shooter, no response. the jack doesnt work. It is as if the update deleted the entire existance of the hardware. nada....
  10. Microsoft Windows 10 and Bluetooth, after a recent update

in Windows 10 Customization
    Microsoft Windows 10 and Bluetooth, after a recent update: Not that I use W10 all that much as it is a secondary operating system on my desktop, nor do I use Bluetooth that much, as my experience of it in Windows is that between them , the end result is very flaky. Having acquired a small Bluetooth speaker a tribit sound go. I have...