Windows 10: Bluetooth audio issues below volume 5

Discus and support Bluetooth audio issues below volume 5 in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I'm having what seems to be a very specific issue. Whenever I lower the volume to below 5, the sound completely cuts out of my Bluetooth headphones.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by RyanRoberson, Mar 31, 2019.

1. Bluetooth audio issues below volume 5

I'm having what seems to be a very specific issue. Whenever I lower the volume to below 5, the sound completely cuts out of my Bluetooth headphones. I've tried: updating, deleting, reinstalling, and changing the drivers associated with the device; altering every setting in the "sounds" panel that would involve the device, including enhancements, levels, and exclusive mode; and restarting the computer, removing and reconnecting the device in the Bluetooth window, restarting the device, troubleshooting everywhere there exists a "troubleshoot" button involving sound, and alternately starting either the device or the computer's Bluetooth first. I really don't know what to do, and I like having my sounds very quiet, but still audible. This is not a problem for any wired audio device, or for the built-in speakers, both of which work at volumes between 5 and 0.

Also: I don't know if this is an error, or intentional by windows, but the sound also mutes completely while I'm in the sounds menu in specifically the "recording" panel. I also wonder if the headphones' ability to record sound may play into this somewhere.

How do I get Bluetooth audio to work below volume level 5?

:)

RyanRoberson, Mar 31, 2019

2. Bluetooth audio syncing issue

Hi,

There are a lot of factors that can cause the issue about your Bluetooth such as incompatible drivers, hardware issues, and more. We suggest that you go to this

link
    which lists all troubleshooting steps for Bluetooth issues.

Regarding your question about locking Windows Anniversary update, it is possible to postpone an update but it cannot be stopped.

Update us on the status of the issue.

Regards.

Angela Pun, Mar 31, 2019
  3. To high volume when connecting bluetooth headset

Hi Fredrik,

The behavior you've encountered may imply a driver-related issue. Since you were able to control both the headset and computer volume before, then possible that the recent updates may have triggered it. In this case, I suggest rolling back your device driver
    and see if it resolves the issue. Follow these steps:

1. Right-click the Windows key and select Device Manager.
    2. Expand the Bluetooth category.
    3. Right-click on your Bluetooth device and click Properties.
    4. Click the Driver tab, then click Roll Back Driver.
    5. Follow the on-screen instructions.
    6. Once the driver has been rolled back, click Close.

Please test again the audio on your device and see if the volume still goes up to 100% when the Bluetooth headset is connected. Kindly update this thread with the result so I'll be able to assist you further.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Mar 31, 2019
  4. Pavan_N Win User

Bluetooth audio issues below volume 5

windows 10 Bluetooth audio problems

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

• What is the make and model of your computer?
    • Do you get any error message?

I suggest to use a different Bluetooth speaker and check if the same issue persists. Also try using the current speaker with different computer running Windows 10 and check. As you are getting Crackles or warning sound it might be an issue with hardware.

Refer the link below and perform the troubleshooting steps suggested and check if that helps.

Fix connections to Bluetooth audio devices and wireless displays.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/...audio-devices-and-wireless-displays#v1h=tab01

Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Thanks

Pavan_N, Mar 31, 2019
Thema:

Bluetooth audio issues below volume 5

1. Bluetooth audio issues below volume 5 - Similar Threads - Bluetooth audio issues

2. Audio volume issue.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Audio volume issue.: I'm running Windows 11 v 23H2. When I watch video's on YouTube, I'll adjust the volume to my comfort level using the Monitors volume control. When one video is finished and I start another one, a lot of the time the ne video is alot louder or its alot softer in volume. I'm...
  3. Audio volume issue.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Audio volume issue.: I'm running Windows 11 v 23H2. When I watch video's on YouTube, I'll adjust the volume to my comfort level using the Monitors volume control. When one video is finished and I start another one, a lot of the time the ne video is alot louder or its alot softer in volume. I'm...
  4. Bluetooth issue with earpod volume

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bluetooth issue with earpod volume: I have a properly connected earpods in the computer but the sound keep skipping and lagging. The volume also raise on its own and go down. Pleae help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bluetooth-issue-with-earpod-volume/1206efef-7d21-4b41-b2cb-5da381b6ba51
  5. Bluetooth issue with earpod volume

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bluetooth issue with earpod volume: I have an earpod that is connected properly but there is a bit of voicelags and sound which is not clear. The volume keeps going up and down please help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bluetooth-issue-with-earpod-volume/a94c01e7-c1ac-46a1-a8d0-3629d9b7d865
  6. Bluetooth issue with earpod volume

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bluetooth issue with earpod volume: I have an earpod that is connected properly but there is a bit of voice lag and sounds are not clear. The voice pitch and volume changes often. What to do?...
  7. Bluetooth issue with earpod volume

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bluetooth issue with earpod volume: I have an earpod that is connected properly but there is a bit of voice lag and sounds are not clear. The voice pitch and volume changes often. What to do?...
  8. Issue with bluetooth sound volume

in Windows 10 Customization
    Issue with bluetooth sound volume: Hello, I use my steel series 3 bluetooth, everything work but for one irritating details: Windows lower the volume on my headset when in bluetooth. The issue isn't from the headset, the sound volume is perfect when its bluetooth is paired with my phone and not my Windows...
  9. Audio volume issues

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Audio volume issues: can someone please assist, for some reason the last few weeks after updates there is issues with the sound.. each time i play a movie ie via netflix or stan or listen to anything the sound is horrible... it has a fuzzy sound to the voices and sound it just randomly happened...
  10. Audio volume control on Bluetooth

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Audio volume control on Bluetooth: While the missing function of Bluetooth volume control, in the Task Bar Volume Control, may be replaced by a similar function in the App or Software this is frequently untrue for audio commentaries in web browsers leaving the choice of be deafen by full volume or not listen....