Windows 10: Bluetooth audio issues when playing a game

Discus and support Bluetooth audio issues when playing a game in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I am having trouble with my Bluetooth headphones whenever I try to play a game. When I first launch a game I have tried with multiple different games... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by BrendanH2233, Dec 4, 2020.

1. Bluetooth audio issues when playing a game

I am having trouble with my Bluetooth headphones whenever I try to play a game. When I first launch a game I have tried with multiple different games the audio for the game works just fine with no issues. However as soon as I click onto another application, be it by using alt + tab or a second monitor, the audio for the game and the entire system including other applications and Windows 10 sounds stops playing. Even when I click back into the game, the audio remains not working.

My Bluetooth is not getting disconnected, all devices remain connected and properly set up. Even in the sound manager everything looks good and proper. The only way to fix the issue is to completely exit and close my game, then turn off and reconnect my headphones. This is extremely annoying to do as I just upgrades to a dual monitor setup where I frequently want to click out of my game on the other display.

Is this a bug or a setting issue that I haven't been able to diagnose? I've had the same issue using a different computer that also runs Windows 10 as well as using a different Bluetooth headset.

:)

BrendanH2233, Dec 4, 2020

2. Game Audio and Bluetooth headset issue

Hi thincks,

You've mentioned that the audio issue started probably after installing the latest Windows 10 update.

Please take note that there are a few things we should consider after a Windows update has been installed.

That being said, I would like to know if you already have tried installing the latest Bluetooth driver for your PC. If not, I strongly recommend to update your drivers from your driver manufacturer's web site.

If updating the Bluetooth driver didn't do the trick, you may consider uninstalling the audio driver. Just open your Device Manager by right-clicking the
    Start or the Windows icon, choose Device Manager, right-click the audio driver, then select
    Uninstall. Reboot your device and Windows will attempt to reinstall the driver.

Have you also tried using a different Bluetooth headset to see if the same game audio issue will persist? How about using the same Bluetooth headset on a different PC? Did you get the same experience?

Since you also said that you've done some troubleshooting steps already, have you tried running the
    Audio troubleshooter? If not, here's how:

1. Select the Start or the Windows icon, then type
      Troubleshoot.
    2. Choose Troubleshoot from the list of the results.
    3. Click Playing Audio, then Run the troubleshooter.

To give you a bit of an idea, there are some apps that has their own volume controls. You might want to check if this kind of setting is found on the games you're playing.

Just respond to this message with your answers and I'll get back to you as swift as I can.

Michelle Her, Dec 4, 2020
  3. silkmaze Win User
    How to play audio/music through speakers AND bluetooth speakers

I have a pair of Creative T40 speakers plugged into the 3.5mm jack on my laptop. I got hold of a bluetooth speaker and that was recognised straight-away.

I have installed a large monitor (32inch) to the laptop on which I work as well as watch movies and play games. I was wondering if I could setup that audio, be it music, gaming audio or movie audio could be played through BOTH sets of speakers.

The main T40's are on either side of the monitor and I have the bluetooth speaker behind me on a shelf. That would, kind-of, give me surround sound. Or when I have people over I could get better sound if I could just move the bluetooth speaker to a different part of the room.

Any ideas or suggestions?

Thank you.

silkmaze, Dec 4, 2020
  4. thincks Win User

Bluetooth audio issues when playing a game

Game Audio and Bluetooth headset issue

I am having an issue currently where I connect my bluetooth headphones and all my audio then transfers to there, spotify, chrome, etc. all play through the headphones except for games. Any game I have played so far continues to play audio through the built
    in speakers regardless of what I do. I've tried making them the primary device, disabling the speakers but nothing works. As far as I can remember this is a problem with the latest Windows 10 patch. Has anyone else had this issue/know a solution?

Thanks

thincks, Dec 4, 2020
Thema:

Bluetooth audio issues when playing a game

1. Bluetooth audio issues when playing a game - Similar Threads - Bluetooth audio issues

2. FPS and Audio Issues When Gaming

in Windows 10 Gaming
    FPS and Audio Issues When Gaming: Hello. I am writing regarding an issue my Lenovo Ideapad Flex 14IML has had for some time now. Here are the specs:Device name DESKTOP-EF2K1AR Processor IntelR CoreTM i5-10210U CPU @ 1.60GHz 2.11 GHz Installed RAM 16.0 GB 15.8 GB usable Device ID...
  3. FPS and Audio Issues When Gaming

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    FPS and Audio Issues When Gaming: Hello. I am writing regarding an issue my Lenovo Ideapad Flex 14IML has had for some time now. Here are the specs:Device name DESKTOP-EF2K1AR Processor IntelR CoreTM i5-10210U CPU @ 1.60GHz 2.11 GHz Installed RAM 16.0 GB 15.8 GB usable Device ID...
  4. FPS and Audio Issues When Gaming

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Audio stutters when it begins to play on bluetooth headphones

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Audio stutters when it begins to play on bluetooth headphones: When I have my bluetooth headphones connected with no audio playing, and then start some audio such as playing a song, for the first second or so, it will lag, and won't start to play immediately. The same thing happens with system sounds e.g when I receive a notification...
  6. Zoom Audio not playing when connected to bluetooth transmitter

Zoom Audio not playing when connected to bluetooth transmitter: Hello, I hope you are doing well! This is my current situation: I want to play Zoom calls audio on my meeting room speakers. The speakers are too far to connect via cable. I have an Airfly pro, which is a bluetooth transmitter, I currently use it for my car media player since...
  7. Bluetooth Audio Devices Disconnect When Playing Audio

Bluetooth Audio Devices Disconnect When Playing Audio: Issue Description: After pairing my audio device it shows as connected in the Bluetooth settings. When I tab out of settings and play audio, the Bluetooth device disconnects neither bluetooth nor the audio device is turned off, the device just disconnects. Sometimes the...
  8. Audio Issues while playing games

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Audio Issues while playing games: Whenever I try playing Rainbow 6 siege or Overwatch my game audio does this weird thing where it cuts in and out. So far it only happens on these two games and I think its a problem with my audio drivers. I disabled some of the other audio devices on my computer because it...
  9. No audio when playing games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No audio when playing games: I have a problem where everytime i play games, no sound was coming. but the sound is alright for movie and music other than in games. i have updated the audio driver and windows, i have launched the troubleshooter too but still no audio when in game. [ATTACH] [ATTACH]...
  10. Game Audio and Bluetooth headset issue

Game Audio and Bluetooth headset issue: I am having an issue currently where I connect my bluetooth headphones and all my audio then transfers to there, spotify, chrome, etc. all play through the headphones except for games. Any game I have played so far continues to play audio through the built in speakers...