Windows 10: Bluetooth audio lag after updating to Windows 10 2004

Discus and support Bluetooth audio lag after updating to Windows 10 2004 in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I've noticed that Windows 10 2004 update brought a downside regarding audio lag sync issues between audio/video when watching videos on Windows with... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by RodrigoLolato Pereira, Aug 5, 2020.

1. Bluetooth audio lag after updating to Windows 10 2004

I've noticed that Windows 10 2004 update brought a downside regarding audio lag sync issues between audio/video when watching videos on Windows with any bluetooth audio device.

I have several bluetooth devices audio/speakers/headphones, different high-end brands bose, JBL, Sony.... I also have 3 high-end laptops with Intel latest technology network adapters AX200 and AX1650. When Intel launched new drivers for them on May, it was GREAT, I had never experienced ZERO LAG before with bluetooth. I was impressed, it felt like the sound was not with bluetooth but directly from laptop speakers. All my bluetooth devices were working amazingly fine with no lag at all! :

But my joy didn't last long.... A few weeks later, I updated my Windows to 2004, and the lag appeared again. It's not such a big deal it's 0.2s delay, but it's annoying when I compare to the perfect sync I had before. The issue happened to all of bluetooth devices and all my laptops even though Intel has already launched new drivers on July, it didn't change anything. So apparently the issue is with something that Microsoft has changed for the worse regarding bluetooth on version 2004, I have no idea what that is.

I just hope Microsoft can do something to go back to the way it was set on Windows 1909 because it was awesome.

Obs: BTW, in all scenarios described above, I've tested different sources of videos youtube, netflix app, local mp4 video failes, etc. The lag happens regardless of the source.

And nowadays most people watch a lot of videos on PC and most of the time with bluetooth phones/devices. So, I hope Microsoft prioritizes that fix.

Best regards

Rodrigo Lolato

:)

RodrigoLolato Pereira, Aug 5, 2020
  2. Del 80 Win User

No Bluetooth after 2004 Update

Hi, since updating to the 2004 version of W 10, my Bluetooth has gone on the blink......I have uninstalled it, then re-installed, still won't work.....unpaired my phone, now it won't even re -pair...I know it's not the phone as it works on other laptop....any suggestions ?

Del 80, Aug 5, 2020
  3. aasim1111 Win User
    Bluetooth in windows 10

My computer specs are as listed in the profile. I think all of you guys are correct. I don't have built-in Bluetooth in mobo.

I contacted skull candy headphones and thy have told me if I do not have built-in Bluetooth, I would need a dongle which supports at least a2dp. I do not know what the heck that means. I have a feeling I would need more than a cheap dongle.

Anyone suggest some a2dp adapters. I searched but don't know what a2dp is so couldn't make a decision

aasim1111, Aug 5, 2020
  4. Pavan_N Win User

Bluetooth audio lag after updating to Windows 10 2004

windows 10 Bluetooth audio problems

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

• What is the make and model of your computer?
    • Do you get any error message?

I suggest to use a different Bluetooth speaker and check if the same issue persists. Also try using the current speaker with different computer running Windows 10 and check. As you are getting Crackles or warning sound it might be an issue with hardware.

Refer the link below and perform the troubleshooting steps suggested and check if that helps.

Fix connections to Bluetooth audio devices and wireless displays.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/...audio-devices-and-wireless-displays#v1h=tab01

Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Thanks

Pavan_N, Aug 5, 2020
Thema:

Bluetooth audio lag after updating to Windows 10 2004

1. Bluetooth audio lag after updating to Windows 10 2004 - Similar Threads - Bluetooth audio lag

2. Bluetooth audio stuttering and lag

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Bluetooth audio stuttering and lag: This problem persists for 2 months. I cannot use a Bluetooth headset with my HP because the audio and video are constantly interrupted by static. I can successfully connect and pair my device with the laptop, but for example YouTube videos lag and stutter. There is constant...
  3. Bluetooth audio stuttering and lag

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bluetooth audio stuttering and lag: This problem persists for 2 months. I cannot use a Bluetooth headset with my HP because the audio and video are constantly interrupted by static. I can successfully connect and pair my device with the laptop, but for example YouTube videos lag and stutter. There is constant...
  4. audio not working after windows 10 2004 update

audio not working after windows 10 2004 update: Hi all!! After the update 2004 build 19042.685 my audio is not working. This causes the system to lock automatically after initial boot and the audio functions are now completely gone. Please let me know what the current status is to fix these bug issues. Appreciate your...
  5. Bluetooth audio stutter and lag on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Bluetooth audio stutter and lag on Windows 10: As the title says, audio is lagging very much on Windows 10 with bluetooth earbuds (ATH-CKS5TW). Sometimes i hear parts of audio skipping ahead a bit but mostly it's plain loss of audio for a milisecond and this happens all the time after about 5 or 15 seconds. I have tried...
  6. Random Windows lag after updating to version 2004

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Random Windows lag after updating to version 2004: I recently updated Windows to version 2004 build 19041.329 since doing so I have been encountering huge lag spikes lasting anywhere from 10-60 seconds. Looking at the event log I see Event 809 TaskScheduler error: Maintenance Scheduler Group Policy Settings are not properly...
  7. No Bluetooth after 2004 Update

No Bluetooth after 2004 Update: Hi, since updating to the 2004 version of W 10, my Bluetooth has gone on the blink......I have uninstalled it, then re-installed, still won't work.....unpaired my phone, now it won't even re -pair...I know it's not the phone as it works on other laptop....any suggestions ?...
  8. No Bluetooth after 2004 Update

in Windows 10 Support
    No Bluetooth after 2004 Update: Hi, since updating to the 2004 version of W 10, my Bluetooth has gone on the blink......I have uninstalled it, then re-installed, still won't work.....unpaired my phone, now it won't even re -pair...I know it's not the phone as it works on other laptop....any suggestions ?...
  9. 2004 Update Lag

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    2004 Update Lag: After getting the 2004 update, I have noticed a considerable difference in my computers performance, for example fan working harder for no reason, lag switching between windows, Netflix lagging. Has anybody else had the problem? submitted by /u/fshazm [link] [comments]...
  10. Bluetooth audio lag

Bluetooth audio lag: I have some issues with the audioquality. Using a SurfaceBook2 and Boose QuietComfort. Everytime the computer has been in sleepmode the audio "lag". It's like the sound "snaps" for like half a second, about every 10-20 second. There are two workarounds that i've found that...