Windows 10: Bluetooth audio never entering standby always broadcasting silence?

Discus and support Bluetooth audio never entering standby always broadcasting silence? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have had a bluetooth headset for a while now and I know that they have a standby mode which activates when they are not recieving an audio signal,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Zane49er, Aug 22, 2020.

1. Zane49er Win User

Bluetooth audio never entering standby always broadcasting silence?

I have had a bluetooth headset for a while now and I know that they have a standby mode which activates when they are not recieving an audio signal, from the very faint white noise that plays while they are active and receiving a signal that is silence, plus the potential weeks of battery life they get when turned on and waiting for audio from my phone, or, until recently, my PC.
    Now, as long as my PC is connected to the headphones they will never enter standby. My phone is still able to take advantage of this feature but if I leave my headphones connected to my PC overnight, with nothing playing, they will lose battery rapidly.

Another problem that I believe may be related, which has led me to the conclusion that the PC is always sending a no-content signal, is that audio on other devices cannot start playing. For an example of what I mean, if I have a video playing on my phone, and connect to my PC while the sound is playing, the PC will not play audio. This makes sense, since another device is working. However, when I pause the video, and play a file from my PC, this file plays correctly, as expected. The problematic part is when I stop this file on the PC and play one on my phone again... This does not work, because the PC won't "let go" of that connection.

Not only does it not stop the stream when no programs are playing audio, it also does not stop when the device is muted or when the output device is changed to a different speaker.

:)

Zane49er, Aug 22, 2020
  2. Roohi_Taj Win User

windows broadcasting

Hi ToddBrooks,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Could you please help me with the below questions:

• How are you broadcasting?
    • Are you receiving any error code along with the error message?
    • Which version of Windows you are using? (To check, type: winver in start menu and hit enter.)

You can check if the Broadcast option is enabled under Settings. To do so, follow the steps mentioned below:

1. Click on the Settings icon from the start menu.
    2. Click on Gaming > Click on
      Game bar.
    3. In the right pane, turn on the slider under “Record game clips, screenshots, and broadcast using Game bar”.

I suggest you to follow the troubleshooting steps mentioned in the Microsoft article on ‘Why
    can't I broadcast my game?
    andplease provide a screenshot of the window, so that we can have a better understanding on this issue. Follow the steps mentioned in the
    screenshot
    posted by Shawn ‘Cmdr’ Keene on Oct 2, 2015 to post the screenshot.

If you need further assistance, please respond to the above questions, so that we can narrow down the issue.

Hope it helps.

Roohi Taj S

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Roohi_Taj, Aug 22, 2020
  3. Pavan_N Win User
    windows 10 Bluetooth audio problems

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

• What is the make and model of your computer?
    • Do you get any error message?

I suggest to use a different Bluetooth speaker and check if the same issue persists. Also try using the current speaker with different computer running Windows 10 and check. As you are getting Crackles or warning sound it might be an issue with hardware.

Refer the link below and perform the troubleshooting steps suggested and check if that helps.

Fix connections to Bluetooth audio devices and wireless displays.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/...audio-devices-and-wireless-displays#v1h=tab01

Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Thanks

Pavan_N, Aug 22, 2020
  4. Ariel Acu Win User

Mixer Broadcast Not Working

Hi CV Scaryseizure,

Thank you for bringing this up. Let's try to isolate this issue so that we could figure out what causing the Mixer Broadcast not to work properly. Kindly provide us the following information below:

• Can you tell us when did you notice this issue?
    • Do you use the Mixer Broadcasting app on Windows 10?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?

In the meantime, I recommend that you sign out your account on the Mixer app then sign in again. If you still got the same issue, I suggest that you also reinstall the app to eliminate corrupted files.

We look forward to your reply.

Ariel Acu, Aug 22, 2020
Thema:

1. Bluetooth audio never entering standby always broadcasting silence? - Similar Threads - Bluetooth audio never

2. Bluetooth silenced.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Bluetooth silenced.: I've been using a pair of bluetooth earbuds recently, they had been working fine until yesterday, now they're always silenced until something makes sound, they take a second to "activate" and then play the rest of the audio, which is fine for movies, videos or games, but any...
  3. Inconvenient audio silencing/starting

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Inconvenient audio silencing/starting: I don't know how to describe this in a concise way. So, when there's no audio playing, the speakers on my monitor make no noise. When audio starts playing, it takes like half a second for it to "wake up" and start playing. That doesn't sound bad, but it's terrible for someone...
  4. Win10: The system is entering connected standby

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Win10: The system is entering connected standby: If I leave my laptop locked for like 10 minutes, when I get back, all network connections are gone except for my Cisco VPN. Cisco VPN stays up. Outlook and all other chat apps are disconnected. It will take a while to recover, maybe a minute before I can use it. I really...
  5. modern standby problems entering to sleep

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    modern standby problems entering to sleep: Laptop Dell XPS 7590 Windows 10 2004build. I press the power button, laptop starts going to sleep, then if i was lucky enough when i close the lid after some time laptop stops responding to ping. But in most cases laptop just not going to sleep at all. Then if i look to...
  6. Audio fades to silence

Audio fades to silence: If I need audio of any kind Zoom meeting, video playback, the audio starts fine but fades to silence within a minute or so. All the "troubleshooting" options I've been provided with do nothing but note that some of those instructions are too 'tech' for me to understand....
  7. Sleep set to never, yet system enters 'connected standby' due to 'idle timeout' - why ? reboot

Sleep set to never, yet system enters 'connected standby' due to 'idle timeout' - why ? reboot: Hi I would like to revive these two threads: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-performance/running-processes-suspended-when-display-goes-off/233c8fed-836f-46da-b92f-51530b340d28?tm=1551434342298...
  8. Bluetooth Goodnight - Silence is not golden

Bluetooth Goodnight - Silence is not golden: I hope I am in the right section. This is a bit of a convoluted problem. I have purchased the BLUETOOTH speakers shown below. I have noticed that every time my desktop goes to sleep or my pc reboots the speakers die and I must go to pc settings and turn the speakers on and...
  9. Sleep set to never, yet system enters 'connected standby' due to 'idle timeout' - why ?

Sleep set to never, yet system enters 'connected standby' due to 'idle timeout' - why ?: I have a freshly installed workstation and have changed the power setting to sleep=never while plugged in. Yet, after some time, the system goes to 'connected standby'. In the event log, I see: 'The system is entering connected standby Reason: Idle Timeout.' Is there a...
  10. Mixer never shows broadcast setup or starts broadcasting on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mixer never shows broadcast setup or starts broadcasting on Windows 10: Hello all, I am trying to broadcast from Mixer on Windows 10, and whenever I open game bar and then set to broadcast, the mixer app briefly shows up, then closes. I never see the option to change my streaming settings, and I have logged into Xbox, and everything should...