Windows 10: Bluetooth Audio Output/Input for Sony WH-1000XM4 Not Working

Discus and support Bluetooth Audio Output/Input for Sony WH-1000XM4 Not Working in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I have been using my Sony WH-1000XM4 headphones with my Windows 11 PC for more than 100 days with no issues. Recently, the device stopped being... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Kaan ALTINAY, May 1, 2023.

1. Bluetooth Audio Output/Input for Sony WH-1000XM4 Not Working

I have been using my Sony WH-1000XM4 headphones with my Windows 11 PC for more than 100 days with no issues. Recently, the device stopped being recognized by my system as an input-output device. It connects over Bluetooth, videos pause when I take my headphones off as they used to when playback was not an issue. But the audio output continues to happen through the device speakers. I have tried to select the device as default from the Advanced Sound Settings, but it is not even on the list of devices under the "Playback" tab. Bluetooth audio with another headset works perfectly, and my headset

:)

Kaan ALTINAY, May 1, 2023

2. Bluetooth Sound Output with Sony WH 1000xm4

I have a new pair of Sony WH 1000xm4 bluetooth headphones that pair and play with my iPhone no problem. With Windows 10, I am able to pair the headphones and they show up as a paired bluetooth device, but then there is no option to select them as the sound
    output. I am using an MSI g66 stealth laptop. I have the latest version of windows (version 2004).

I have tried all the usual steps (unpairing and re-pairing, updating windows, updating firmware on the headphones, coming back the next day and trying all of those steps again). I have also sought support through windows who has recommended uninstalling
    and reinstalling the drivers, which I have done a few times now without fixing the problem.

Put another way, the central problem is that in the device manager the headphones show up as a bluetooth device, but NOT under 'Audio inputs and outputs' and therefore I am unable to select them as an audio output under windows settings

My hunch is that the windows driver is screwed up. I think I want to try installing a third party driver, but I do not know which driver.

john_11_22, May 1, 2023
  3. Jan J.23 Win User
    Bluetooth Headphone Won't Connect in Stereo Just in Hands Free

Hello, I'm Jan and I'm happy to help you today. Most likely the Bluetooth drivers are causing the problem. Please try each method below to troubleshoot the Bluetooth audio problem

1. Click Start

then search "Devices"

Select "Bluetooth and other devices settings"

from the list select your WH-1000XM4

Click Remove device

Press Yes.

2. Open Device Manager

Click on "View"

Check "Show hidden devices"

Expand Bluetooth

Then right-click on your WH-1000XM4

Then uninstall all the drivers related to your Sony WH-1000XM4

Restart your computer.

Then try to pair again your WH-1000XM4 to your computer.

3. Open the Control Panel

Click View by: Large Icons

Select Devices and printers

from the list of devices

right-click on your WH-1000XM4

then select properties

Click the service tab.

then put a check on all the features under the Bluetooth services.

click apply then ok.

Jan J.23, May 1, 2023
  4. Bluetooth Audio Output/Input for Sony WH-1000XM4 Not Working

Bluetooth audio stuttering and lagging

**FIXED with Sony WH-1000XM4 headphones**

• Remove the headphones from the Bluetooth settings in Window 10
    • Unistall LE_WH-1000XM4 from the Bluetooth section in Device Manager
    • Download the Sony Connect headphone software and make sure you are running firmware version 2.5.0 or above. If not, use the app to update the headphone firmware.
    • If your internal Wi-Fi/BT card has an external antenna that came with the motherboard, ensure this is fitted.
    • Re-add the device in Windows 10 Bluetooth settings.
    • Fixed
    Or it was for me at least. I hope this helps anyone!

Good Luck

J

JoeyJJ7333, May 1, 2023
Thema:

Bluetooth Audio Output/Input for Sony WH-1000XM4 Not Working

1. Bluetooth Audio Output/Input for Sony WH-1000XM4 Not Working - Similar Threads - Bluetooth Audio Output

2. BSOD DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION on Discord audio start, Sony WH-1000XM4 bluetooth disconnects...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION on Discord audio start, Sony WH-1000XM4 bluetooth disconnects...: Pretty much the above. I'd really like to be able to use my headphones with my PC, but whenever I try to listen to audio from any source, I get problems. Also, not sure if this is related or not, but iCue 5 keeps disconnecting on me randomly, but the audio is what I want to...
  3. BSOD DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION on Discord audio start, Sony WH-1000XM4 bluetooth disconnects...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION on Discord audio start, Sony WH-1000XM4 bluetooth disconnects...: Pretty much the above. I'd really like to be able to use my headphones with my PC, but whenever I try to listen to audio from any source, I get problems. Also, not sure if this is related or not, but iCue 5 keeps disconnecting on me randomly, but the audio is what I want to...
  4. BSOD DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION on Discord audio start, Sony WH-1000XM4 bluetooth disconnects...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. sony wh-1000xm4 will not connect to lenovo laptop.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    sony wh-1000xm4 will not connect to lenovo laptop.: sony wh-1000xm4 will not connect to lenovo laptop. They connected to my old lenovo and I have since deleted them from that laptop but they never show up in the list of devices to connect to. they connect fine to my samsung phone. i've done all available updates but nothing...
  6. sony wh-1000xm4 will not connect to lenovo laptop.

sony wh-1000xm4 will not connect to lenovo laptop.: sony wh-1000xm4 will not connect to lenovo laptop. They connected to my old lenovo and I have since deleted them from that laptop but they never show up in the list of devices to connect to. they connect fine to my samsung phone. i've done all available updates but nothing...
  7. Bluetooth Audio Output/Input for Sony WH-1000XM4 Not Working

Bluetooth Audio Output/Input for Sony WH-1000XM4 Not Working: I have been using my Sony WH-1000XM4 headphones with my Windows 11 PC for more than 100 days with no issues. Recently, the device stopped being recognized by my system as an input-output device. It connects over Bluetooth, videos pause when I take my headphones off as they...
  8. WH-1000XM4 and Bluetooth pairing

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    WH-1000XM4 and Bluetooth pairing: Is there a good way to force driver updates and fixes? I have my Sony headset and it keeps switching to hands free AG... I tried restarting, uninstalling, using the run commands to look for messed up drivers, blocking hands free ag(which then blocks the headset from any...
  9. Sound Input issues with Sony WH-1000xM4

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Sound Input issues with Sony WH-1000xM4: I've recently bought a pair of Sony's WH-1000xM4 headphones to use with my Surface Pro X. I have managed to pair them using bluetooth and can get the sound output to work properly, but I can't seem to get them to work as an input device. The option exists to select them as an...
  10. Bluetooth Sound Output with Sony WH 1000xm4

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Bluetooth Sound Output with Sony WH 1000xm4: I have a new pair of Sony WH 1000xm4 bluetooth headphones that pair and play with my iPhone no problem. With Windows 10, I am able to pair the headphones and they show up as a paired bluetooth device, but then there is no option to select them as the sound output. I am using...