Windows 10: Bluetooth Audio

Discus and support Bluetooth Audio in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Bluetooth headphones are become ever more popular with the constant release of new truly wireless earbuds. I myself have purchased a pair and find that... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by ByronGoodman, Feb 17, 2020.

1. Bluetooth Audio

Bluetooth headphones are become ever more popular with the constant release of new truly wireless earbuds. I myself have purchased a pair and find that they sound great... on my phone. When I connect them to my laptop over bluetooth I find that the audio quality degrades significantly. To my knowledge my galaxy buds support SBC and AAC audio codec. I can tell that when connecting to windows for some reason it uses the lower quality codec SBC as my music sounds grainy and lossy. Does windows have an option to switch codecs at all? I've looked around and haven't found anything. If not is there a planned feature for changing codecs or even supporting AAC as I'm not sure windows supports AAC. Is this even a windows issue or a driver issue for my wifi card which does support bluetooth 5.0? I would really like to know because it's a huge bummer not having good sounding audio on my galaxy pods when connected to my windows laptop.

Thanks.

:)

ByronGoodman, Feb 17, 2020
  2. Pavan_N Win User

windows 10 Bluetooth audio problems

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

• What is the make and model of your computer?
    • Do you get any error message?

I suggest to use a different Bluetooth speaker and check if the same issue persists. Also try using the current speaker with different computer running Windows 10 and check. As you are getting Crackles or warning sound it might be an issue with hardware.

Refer the link below and perform the troubleshooting steps suggested and check if that helps.

Fix connections to Bluetooth audio devices and wireless displays.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/...audio-devices-and-wireless-displays#v1h=tab01

Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Thanks

Pavan_N, Feb 17, 2020
  3. Marek St. Win User
    Bluetooth kills all audio to/from phone Lumia 635

Hi BruceSAllen.

Thank you for posting on the forum.

I understand that using Bluetooth connection between your Lumia 635 and your Car's audio system causes issues in relation to audio connection, you're not able to send nor receive audio signal.

In this situation I would advise to try few troubleshooting steps.

I would suggest to try to connect the phone via Bluetooth to another Bluetooth audio system, in order to isolate the issue.

In relation to connection with your Car's Audio System, I would try to Remove the Paired Device,

Settings > Bluetooth, tap and hold your finger on your Car Audio System that should be listed here and select Delete,

and Pair it again after that.

Within the Windows Phone Bluetooth FAQ, you will find a list of compatible Bluetooth profiles,

it's worth checking if the Car's Audio System also provides compatibility with the listed profiles:

http://www.windowsphone.com/en-gb/how-to/wp8/connectivity/bluetooth-faq

If the issue persists in both described situations, I would advise to backup your phone's content and process your phone's Reset.

For more information about backup :

http://www.windowsphone.com/en-us/how-to/wp8/settings-and-personalization/back-up-my-stuff

For more information about Reset :

http://www.windowsphone.com/en-us/how-to/wp8/settings-and-personalization/reset-my-phone

If the issue persists after Hard Resetting the phone, and you've confirmed that the Car's Audio System is compatible with listed Bluetooth profiles, I would suggest contacting the place of purchase of the phone, as the device might need servicing.

Thank You,

Marek

Marek St., Feb 17, 2020
  4. Bluetooth Audio

Marvin Barc, Feb 17, 2020
Thema:

Bluetooth Audio

1. Bluetooth Audio - Similar Threads - Bluetooth Audio

2. Bluetooth earbuds not connecting as audio

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bluetooth earbuds not connecting as audio: Whenever I used to connect my bluetooth earbuds before it used to show "connected audio" after "connected". Now it only shows "connected" and the sound is going through my system speakers instead of my earbuds. please help....
  3. Bluetooth earbuds not connecting as audio

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bluetooth earbuds not connecting as audio: Whenever I used to connect my bluetooth earbuds before it used to show "connected audio" after "connected". Now it only shows "connected" and the sound is going through my system speakers instead of my earbuds. please help....
  4. Windows 10 forcefully disconnects my bluetooth audio device when playing a game.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 forcefully disconnects my bluetooth audio device when playing a game.: The issue is as mentioned in the title. I have no problems with bluetooth audio playback on headsets or soundbars while browsing or working, yet when I open a game, the device disconnects completely within a few seconds. This is not limited to any single bluetooth audio...
  5. Windows 10 forcefully disconnects my bluetooth audio device when playing a game.

Windows 10 forcefully disconnects my bluetooth audio device when playing a game.: The issue is as mentioned in the title. I have no problems with bluetooth audio playback on headsets or soundbars while browsing or working, yet when I open a game, the device disconnects completely within a few seconds. This is not limited to any single bluetooth audio...
  6. Bluetooth headphones change to mono audio whenever launching an app or game.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bluetooth headphones change to mono audio whenever launching an app or game.: I have tried everything from disabling handsfree telephony to disabling the headset portion in the 30 different redundant audio menus. I have also tried setting the headphones to my default audio output, as well as setting my standalone microphone to my default audio input....
  7. Bluetooth headphones change to mono audio whenever launching an app or game.

Bluetooth headphones change to mono audio whenever launching an app or game.: I have tried everything from disabling handsfree telephony to disabling the headset portion in the 30 different redundant audio menus. I have also tried setting the headphones to my default audio output, as well as setting my standalone microphone to my default audio input....
  8. Bluetooth audio stuttering windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bluetooth audio stuttering windows 10: Hello,Recently I got this problem were whenever I play a song or a video in youtube the audio just stutters randomly for no reason...Now I tried all the solutions and techniques from various threads,forums and youtube videos but none of it worked...and one more, I recently...
  9. Bluetooth audio stuttering windows 10

Bluetooth audio stuttering windows 10: Hello,Recently I got this problem were whenever I play a song or a video in youtube the audio just stutters randomly for no reason...Now I tried all the solutions and techniques from various threads,forums and youtube videos but none of it worked...and one more, I recently...
  10. Bluetooth audio stuttering windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware