Windows 10: Bluetooth autoconnect, add a checkbox to disable it.

Discus and support Bluetooth autoconnect, add a checkbox to disable it. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; My computer always automatically connects to my Bluetooth audio device. Is there a way to keep Bluetooth on so I can still use my Bluetooth mouse but... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by KaurPääro, May 12, 2021.

1. Bluetooth autoconnect, add a checkbox to disable it.

My computer always automatically connects to my Bluetooth audio device. Is there a way to keep Bluetooth on so I can still use my Bluetooth mouse but manually connect to the audio device, only when I want? I can't use the audio device with my phone or other PC when my computer is on. And un-pairing and re-pairing is not a solution to this problem as pairing is a multi step process that sometimes need a PIN to be inserted one of the devices.And everybody who are readying this PLEASE add a Feedback hub request about this issue, as seen from previous questions asked about this issue

:)

KaurPääro, May 12, 2021
  2. elmscapes Win User

Why may default speaker won't autoconnect to bluetooth speaker

Many thanks Iacrumb, i just tried your suggestion and it actually worked. I was able to toggle between bluetooth and default without manually disabling one to use the other. For now this one manual step is way way better than going to speaker and disabling
    and enabling. Kudos ... ! I will continue to try the steps given by Greg to make this transition automatic.

elmscapes, May 12, 2021
  3. N900 Bluetooth AutoConnect

Have you set the connection as Trusted on the phone, and enabled AutoConnect?

montana_uk, May 12, 2021
  4. Tranbol Win User

Bluetooth autoconnect, add a checkbox to disable it.

No bluetooth after system restore

Thank you for your reply.

I mean I have used a Windows system restore point. I tried restoring bluetooth with commands in CMD (sfc/scannow; DISM /Online.....) and by updating and uninstalling devices in the device manager. Update did not work. Uninstalling bluetooth devices made Bluetooth disappear out of the hidden devices list.
    All my steps I took worked but did not change anything in my bluetooth device list.

I am using the bluetooth of my mainboard. MSI Z370M Gaming Pro AC
    My guess would be, that disabling the bluetooth network adapter before using a system restore point, disabled Bluetooth after using the system restore point.

In the device manager I get this message in the USB Device list for a unknown USB Device:
    Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems. (Code 43)
    A request for the USB device descriptor failed.

Tranbol, May 12, 2021
Thema:

Bluetooth autoconnect, add a checkbox to disable it.

1. Bluetooth autoconnect, add a checkbox to disable it. - Similar Threads - Bluetooth autoconnect add

2. Disabling Shortcut Checkboxes - Registry Edit Useless

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Disabling Shortcut Checkboxes - Registry Edit Useless: As the title suggests, I am unable to disable checkboxes on desktop shortcuts. I have tried all three methods listed1. File Explorer > View > Show > Item Check Boxes2. File Explorer > ... > Options > View > Use checkboxes to select items3. Registry Editing set value to 0I...
  3. Why is there no toggle Bluetooth autoconnect in Windows 10 or 11?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why is there no toggle Bluetooth autoconnect in Windows 10 or 11?: Everyone is asking how to achieve a state where a specified device will no longer auto-connect to a Windows computer's Bluetooth without turning Bluetooth off or completely disconnecting it requiring you to go through the connection process again instead of just clicking a...
  4. Why is there no toggle Bluetooth autoconnect in Windows 10 or 11?

Why is there no toggle Bluetooth autoconnect in Windows 10 or 11?: Everyone is asking how to achieve a state where a specified device will no longer auto-connect to a Windows computer's Bluetooth without turning Bluetooth off or completely disconnecting it requiring you to go through the connection process again instead of just clicking a...
  5. Why is there no toggle Bluetooth autoconnect in Windows 10 or 11?

in Windows 10 Customization
  6. Unable to disable checkbox usage in Windows 11

Unable to disable checkbox usage in Windows 11: When File Explorer is open I'm seeing checkboxes and I'm unable to turn checkbox usage off.Checkboxes stay even if I toggle the item check boxes setting in the show view as noted below.Version 21H2 OS Build 22000.348...
  7. Enable Autoconnect for Bluetooth Earbuds in Windows 7

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Enable Autoconnect for Bluetooth Earbuds in Windows 7: Hi, everytime I have to connect my earbuds, have to go to device and printers, right click control and then connect. Also, have to keep the below screen on, like can't close only minimize or the connection breaks. I want to make it automatic, how do I do so?...
  8. Enable Autoconnect for Bluetooth Earbuds in Windows 7

Enable Autoconnect for Bluetooth Earbuds in Windows 7: Hi, everytime I have to connect my earbuds, have to go to device and printers, right click control and then connect. Also, have to keep the below screen on, like can't close only minimize or the connection breaks. I want to make it automatic, how do I do so?...
  9. Item checkboxes cannot be disabled on windows 11

Item checkboxes cannot be disabled on windows 11: I recently upgraded to windows 11 on my laptop, and I can't disable item check boxes in the file explorer.Disabling item check boxes works on the desktop, but not in the file explorer see attached screenshot.I have tried disabling "Use check boxes to select items" in folder...
  10. How to disable autoconnecting to bluetooth speaker?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to disable autoconnecting to bluetooth speaker?: When I'm turning bluetooth ON, my pc immediatly connects to my bluetooth speaker. Even if I manually disconnected speaker during pc using and then power off it, after turning pc ON bluetooth speaker reconnect again. Seems like Windows not saving latest state of manually...