Windows 10: Bluetooth automatically turns off after putting windows to sleep.

Discus and support Bluetooth automatically turns off after putting windows to sleep. in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Whenever I put my windows to sleep and come back, the bluetooth is automatically turned off. There is also no way to turn it back on since there is no... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by GordonV1, Dec 26, 2020.

1. GordonV1 Win User

Bluetooth automatically turns off after putting windows to sleep.

Whenever I put my windows to sleep and come back, the bluetooth is automatically turned off. There is also no way to turn it back on since there is no on and off toggle. I believe I have the latest driver. To get my bluetooth to reappear, I would have to turn off the power supply and hold the turn on button for 10 seconds. After this, I would log on and everything is normal. I believe this is due to my power and sleep management settings. I know there use to be a power management tab which "allows the device to disable b luetooth to save power but this feature is no where to be found.

I hope we can find a solution and thank you.

:)

GordonV1, Dec 26, 2020
  2. Karla Alm Win User

Bluetooth will not connect when the PC wakes up from sleep on Windows 10.

You mentioned that Bluetooth isn't working only if the computer have just been activated after sleep. To further isolate the issue, we suggest that you turn off hibernation. Follow this step by step instructions:

• Right click on the Start Menu button, and choose Command Prompt (Admin)
    • Enter the following line: powercfg /h off
    • Press Enter.

Let us know how it goes.

Thank you.

Karla Alm, Dec 26, 2020
  3. HojabrA Win User
    I don't have any bluetooth devices but windows turned it on!!

1. I have no bluetooth devices in devices manager.
    2,3,4. they all turned off before.

reboot or shutdown doesn't solved it.
    i have USB wireless Mouse/Keyborad. i plug it out and use PS/2 but nothing.
    i used DISM to repair image.

i tried everything but its not make any changes and windows still showing Bluetooth turned on.
    a few days ago it was not even showing Bluetooth in Action Center but i don't understand what happened, no devices added or changed in my PC, no software Installed or Uninstalled, not a single Settings Changed in Windows or BIOS!!!

HojabrA, Dec 26, 2020
  4. OldMike65 Win User

I don't have any bluetooth devices but windows turned it on!!

Then if they are still on, try some of these steps listed below, Not all of these steps may not apply, but, step #2 and #4 should help. I have all 4 steps on myself.

1 Go to Device manager and DISABLE Bluetooth, Do Not remove!
    2 Turn USB suspend off
    3 Set Hard Drive or SSD to Never
    4 Turn Link State Power Management off
    Settings 2 thur 4 can be found in your Power Management Settings.
    Then click on "Change settings that are currently unavailable"
    Then Reboot your Computer. This does work, may come back if you shut OFF your computer,then turn it back on, if it does, just a reboot will turn it off again.

OldMike65, Dec 26, 2020
Thema:

1. Bluetooth automatically turns off after putting windows to sleep. - Similar Threads - Bluetooth automatically turns

2. BLUETOOTH TURNS OFF AUTOMATICALLY

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BLUETOOTH TURNS OFF AUTOMATICALLY: Hi,I am using windows 10 on Toshiba satellite laptop. I was googling the issue of it and came across an answer to this query on this platform but the problem is I cannot find the POWER MANAGEMENT option when navigating through the Bluetooth radio properties. I want to check...
  3. BLUETOOTH TURNS OFF AUTOMATICALLY

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BLUETOOTH TURNS OFF AUTOMATICALLY: Hi,I am using windows 10 on Toshiba satellite laptop. I was googling the issue of it and came across an answer to this query on this platform but the problem is I cannot find the POWER MANAGEMENT option when navigating through the Bluetooth radio properties. I want to check...
  4. BLUETOOTH TURNS OFF AUTOMATICALLY

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Turn off the display puts laptop to sleep?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Turn off the display puts laptop to sleep?: My settings are to turn off the display after a few minutes but to never put the laptop to sleep. However, every time I leave my laptop alone and the 'display' turns off, I have to login? I don't want to have to login every time my laptop screen dims! I just got a new laptop...
  6. Turn off the display puts laptop to sleep?

Turn off the display puts laptop to sleep?: My settings are to turn off the display after a few minutes but to never put the laptop to sleep. However, every time I leave my laptop alone and the 'display' turns off, I have to login? I don't want to have to login every time my laptop screen dims! I just got a new laptop...
  7. Bluetooth automatically turns off.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bluetooth automatically turns off.: My laptop's Bluetooth automatically gets turned off and doesn't show a turn on button in devices. Everytime I have to restart my laptop to turn it back on. Please help me to fix this problem....
  8. Bluetooth automatically turns off.

Bluetooth automatically turns off.: My laptop's Bluetooth automatically gets turned off and doesn't show a turn on button in devices. Everytime I have to restart my laptop to turn it back on. Please help me to fix this problem....
  9. Bluetooth automatically turns off.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  10. Computer keeps automatically turning on after I shut it off or put it to sleep. Can someone...

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Computer keeps automatically turning on after I shut it off or put it to sleep. Can someone...: This started happening yesterday. Every time I try to turn off or put to sleep my computer, it stays off briefly then immediately turns on. I already tried pretty much every solution on the internet. I disabled fast startup, wake timers, automatic restart, and scheduled...