Windows 10: Bluetooth Broke with install of latest Cumulative Update to W10

Discus and support Bluetooth Broke with install of latest Cumulative Update to W10 in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; After (finally) installing the latest released Cumulative update on my HP Pavilion dv7, Bluetooth no longer functions properly. Playing Music via... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Cody21, Jul 2, 2016.

1. Cody21 Win User

Bluetooth Broke with install of latest Cumulative Update to W10

After (finally) installing the latest released Cumulative update on my HP Pavilion dv7, Bluetooth no longer functions properly. Playing Music via Bluetooth to my Beatbox Portable is now "choppy" sounding - behaving like my Laptop is too far away for the Bluetooth connection. Even when I lay my Laptop next to the Device, it still doesn't function properly. Prior to the install of this latest release it was flawless - up to 100 feet away. Now cant use it at all. I note the date of the INTEL BLUETOOTH DRIVER is 3/2016 -- so looks like it was updated in this latest W10 update.

Anybody else? If no known fix I guess I'll have to back out this update, if possible, because I REALLY need this Bluetooth to function properly.

:)

Cody21, Jul 2, 2016
  2. Cody21 Win User

W10 Cumulative Update broke my BLUETOOTH

The W10 Cumulative update hosed over my Bluetooth. I cannot play music anymore to a BT Speaker without the music constantly breaking up. Worked perfectly prior to this update.

W10 Cumulative Update overwrote my BT driver with a Microsoft's version. Prior to the W10 update, my driver was : " Intel Centrino Wireless Bluetooth 3.0 + High Speed Adapter", dated 9/4/2013 ...

After W10 updates, it is now a Microsoft version . = "Intel Wireless Bluetooth", dated 3/17/2016 vers: 3.0.1310.386

This is on an HP Pavilion dv7 Laptop ... And yes, I tried uninstalling Bluetooth (via Devices), did a "Scan for hardware changes". It re-installs the same Windows version of the driver. I can't seem
    to get back to the Intel Centrino version that worked. My only solution appears to back out the latest W10 Update in total.

Cody21, Jul 2, 2016
  3. Cody21 Win User
    W10 Cumulative Update broke my BLUETOOTH

Been there ... this is my 3rd attempt at installing W10 ... Again, the ISSUE is that the version of the Driver that is installed as part of the CUMULATIVE update is a totally different version than what is installed in the BASE W10 code. When I back
    OUT the lastest update, the correct version of the driver (see above) is back & Bluetooth works perfectly. With the NEW update, the sound is crappy -- it is very 'choppy' --- even with my Laptop sitting NEXT to mt BT device. What I'd REALLY like to do is
    install this Cumulative update, but NOT have my BT Driver updated to this bad version. (e.g., be able to go BACK to my 2013 version of the driver). Until that is possible, I cannot update to the CUMULATIVE service release.

Cody21, Jul 2, 2016
  4. Cody21 Win User

After backing out this Cumulative update, BLUETOOTH now works perfectly. So the driver that was updated as part of this latest release did in fact break my BT ...

Cody21, Jul 3, 2016
  5. Cody21 Win User
    So yesterday, another major W10 update forced on my HP Pavilion. After installing, once again, my BLUETOOTH is hosed. Microsoft Engineers: The driver update to BT that is 2016 DOES NOT WORK WITH the latest Cumulative/Major Update !!!!! (Not to mention it is so SLOOOOOW to Boot up & sign into !!)

I Reverted back to my previous version of W10 - which put the old drivers back - and it now works properly ! I've done everything I can to ensure I *never* update W10 again ...

Why on the world are the Older set of Drivers not available for Bluetooth so that I can only back THAT out ?????? What a mess W10 is !!

Cody21, Aug 18, 2016
  6. Kbird Win User
    Did you try reinstalling the BT Driver from the HP Website? the original one ? instead of rolling W10 back.....

Kbird, Aug 19, 2016
  7. Cody21 Win User
    I can't find it on the HP site ... I'll take another look ... do you have a link you know of ?

Cody21, Aug 19, 2016
  8. Cody21 Win User

Update: well what seems to be happening is that the W10 Cumulative Update is overwriting my BT driver with Microsoft's version. Prior to the W10 update, my driver is : " Intel Centrino Wireless Bluetooth 3.0 + High Speed Adapter", dated 9/4/2013 ...

After W10 updates, it is a Microsoft version with a June 2016 date ... clearly updated it & hoses it over !! This is on an HP Pavilion dv7 Laptop ...

Cody21, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Bluetooth Broke with install of latest Cumulative Update to W10 - Similar Threads - Bluetooth Broke install

2. After latest W10 update my bluetooth headset is impossible

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    After latest W10 update my bluetooth headset is impossible: After the latest update of W10, and the "new" teams app, it is impossible to get sound in my JBL bluetooth headset. Never had any, any issues before with the old teams app and previous updates of W10. The headset works just as it should with my phone. I assume the issue lies...
  3. After latest W10 update my bluetooth headset is impossible

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    After latest W10 update my bluetooth headset is impossible: After the latest update of W10, and the "new" teams app, it is impossible to get sound in my JBL bluetooth headset. Never had any, any issues before with the old teams app and previous updates of W10. The headset works just as it should with my phone. I assume the issue lies...
  4. problem installing W10 cumulative updates

in Windows 10 Gaming
    problem installing W10 cumulative updates: Hi there, ive posted about this issue once before, but the last few W10 updates simply will not install on my machine.They download just fine, install in the windows update manager, and when it goes through the restart process it hangs at 7% - always at 7% - and then restarts...
  5. problem installing W10 cumulative updates

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    problem installing W10 cumulative updates: Hi there, ive posted about this issue once before, but the last few W10 updates simply will not install on my machine.They download just fine, install in the windows update manager, and when it goes through the restart process it hangs at 7% - always at 7% - and then restarts...
  6. problem installing W10 cumulative updates

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. Latest update broke laptop

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Latest update broke laptop: Hello my packard bell easynote Installed the latest update of windows 10 but now i can not use it as when i try and reinstall windows ive got this picering noise and wont install because of the noise and i catnt turn it off eaither...
  8. Latest Cumulative Updates

in Windows 10 Customization
    Latest Cumulative Updates: Since KB4512941 and KB4511555 update yesterday i noticed the reset option in the advance option on most of the windows apps the details do not display correctly. [ATTACH]...
  9. Latest cumulative update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Latest cumulative update: KB4340917 (OS Build 17134.191) will not update and is causes many problems on my PC such as opening up setting and trying to log off. All freeze up. Tried troubleshooting and nothing changed same thing....
  10. W10 Cumulative Update - "NOT RESPONDING"

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    W10 Cumulative Update - "NOT RESPONDING": W10 Cumulative Fix package "available", "Do you wish to install" ... Stupidly or not, click on OK, let's install it. Stuck at 80%, then went "NOT RESPONDING" for over 1/2 hour. Rebooted, now nothing available when I check UPDATES. So typical of these W10 installs ! What a...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows cumulative update broke bluetooth