Windows 10: Bluetooth broken after update.

Discus and support Bluetooth broken after update. in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; My PC did a Windows update and now I can't connect anything to Bluetooth or delete it. Thankfully I had an old wired keyboard and mouse since I work... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Adam_010, Mar 4, 2024.

1. Adam_010 Win User

Bluetooth broken after update.

My PC did a Windows update and now I can't connect anything to Bluetooth or delete it. Thankfully I had an old wired keyboard and mouse since I work from home today. My PC decided to update and now I can't connect or remove anything from the list of Bluetooth devices. There is no button to turn the Bluetooth on or off either. Tried updating all the drivers in the device manager but it says that they are up to date. And even tried unplugging the PC, holding the power button while unplugged, and then plugging it back in and restarting. Any help would be appreciated as I would like to get my keyb

:)

Adam_010, Mar 4, 2024
  2. jerriy Win User

Bluetooth is not working — troubleshoot claims I don't even have it

I have done all the following steps:

- installed bluetooth driver from manufacturer
    - hit windows update
    - updated / uninstalled bluetooth items listed in Device Manager and restarted the PC
    - updated / uninstalled USB drivers listed in Device Manager and restarted the PC (USB drivers automatically came back but not bluetooth)
    - turned on and restarted all bluetooth support in services.msc
    - conducted bluetooth troubleshooting
    - conducted hardware troubleshooting

jerriy, Mar 4, 2024
  3. Tranbol Win User
    No bluetooth after system restore

Thank you for your reply.

I mean I have used a Windows system restore point. I tried restoring bluetooth with commands in CMD (sfc/scannow; DISM /Online.....) and by updating and uninstalling devices in the device manager. Update did not work. Uninstalling bluetooth devices made Bluetooth disappear out of the hidden devices list.
    All my steps I took worked but did not change anything in my bluetooth device list.

I am using the bluetooth of my mainboard. MSI Z370M Gaming Pro AC
    My guess would be, that disabling the bluetooth network adapter before using a system restore point, disabled Bluetooth after using the system restore point.

In the device manager I get this message in the USB Device list for a unknown USB Device:
    Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems. (Code 43)
    A request for the USB device descriptor failed.

Tranbol, Mar 4, 2024
  4. aasim1111 Win User

Bluetooth in windows 10

My computer specs are as listed in the profile. I think all of you guys are correct. I don't have built-in Bluetooth in mobo.

I contacted skull candy headphones and thy have told me if I do not have built-in Bluetooth, I would need a dongle which supports at least a2dp. I do not know what the heck that means. I have a feeling I would need more than a cheap dongle.

Anyone suggest some a2dp adapters. I searched but don't know what a2dp is so couldn't make a decision

aasim1111, Mar 4, 2024
Thema:

1. Bluetooth broken after update. - Similar Threads - Bluetooth broken update

2. Bluetooth broken after update.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bluetooth broken after update.: My PC did a Windows update and now I can't connect anything to Bluetooth or delete it. Thankfully I had an old wired keyboard and mouse since I work from home today. My PC decided to update and now I can't connect or remove anything from the list of Bluetooth devices. There...
  3. Broken Bluetooth after smaller update with 23H2 Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Broken Bluetooth after smaller update with 23H2 Windows 11: I was running Windows insider builds of windows, and I think it was back 2-3 months ago an update broke my bluetooth on my Desktop. Now my Desktop does not come with Bluetooth and I am using a DLink USB dongle to get Bluetooth. The update did not affect my other Laptop which...
  4. Broken Bluetooth after smaller update with 23H2 Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Broken Bluetooth after smaller update with 23H2 Windows 11: I was running Windows insider builds of windows, and I think it was back 2-3 months ago an update broke my bluetooth on my Desktop. Now my Desktop does not come with Bluetooth and I am using a DLink USB dongle to get Bluetooth. The update did not affect my other Laptop which...
  5. Broken Bluetooth after Windows 11, version 23H2 update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Broken Bluetooth after Windows 11, version 23H2 update: Today, after the Windows 11, version 23H2 update, my Bluetooth mouse and keyboard were disabled and I couldn't understand why! I restarted my laptop Asus Zephyrus M16 and then I saw my Windows updated because the Copilot preview version added a side of the start menu. So, I...
  6. Broken Bluetooth after Windows 11, version 23H2 update

Broken Bluetooth after Windows 11, version 23H2 update: Today, after the Windows 11, version 23H2 update, my Bluetooth mouse and keyboard were disabled and I couldn't understand why! I restarted my laptop Asus Zephyrus M16 and then I saw my Windows updated because the Copilot preview version added a side of the start menu. So, I...
  7. Windows 11 22h2 Bluetooth headphones broken after update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 22h2 Bluetooth headphones broken after update: Hi JohnCan you help me?After windows 11 22h2 update my Bluetooth headphones work when listening to music, watching movies, video games etc but if I make a WhatsApp call or a call on Microsoft teams I don't hear any ringing sound and unable to hear the person on the other end...
  8. Windows 11 22h2 Bluetooth headphones broken after update

Windows 11 22h2 Bluetooth headphones broken after update: Hi JohnCan you help me?After windows 11 22h2 update my Bluetooth headphones work when listening to music, watching movies, video games etc but if I make a WhatsApp call or a call on Microsoft teams I don't hear any ringing sound and unable to hear the person on the other end...
  9. Broken Bluetooth after Windows 11 22h2 update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Broken Bluetooth after Windows 11 22h2 update: Why Microsoft, why??? How can you get something so basic completely wrong?If anyone has a solution for this, I'd love to hear about it.Thanks in advance!...
  10. Broken Bluetooth after Windows 11 22h2 update

Broken Bluetooth after Windows 11 22h2 update: Why Microsoft, why??? How can you get something so basic completely wrong?If anyone has a solution for this, I'd love to hear about it.Thanks in advance!...