Windows 10: Bluetooth button and feature disappeared from my laptop

Discus and support Bluetooth button and feature disappeared from my laptop in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; To whomever this may concern, I was just using my buetooth-connected headphones normally until it suddenly stopped connecting. I tried checking but... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Mira1310, Oct 17, 2020.

1. Mira1310 Win User

Bluetooth button and feature disappeared from my laptop

To whomever this may concern,

I was just using my buetooth-connected headphones normally until it suddenly stopped connecting. I tried checking but then the bluetooth icon at the action center is gone, so I decided to open my settings. But when I opened settings, the button to turn bluetooth on and off is GONE. Even if I tried adding new device, it only said that my bluetooth is turned off. It also said to update my driver through Windows Update so that's what I tried.

However, when I checked my Windows optional updates, it said that my driver is already up-to-date. I tried checking at Device Manager but it still says my driver is up-to-date. However, there was a 'problem' symbol under my bluetooth icon pic 3 so I even tried disabling and re-enablin and even restarting countless times but nothing worked.

I also tried troubleshooting for Bluetooth and all it said was pic 4 which my driver is already up-to-date, so I dont understand what am I supposed to do here. When the troubleshooting ended. The only message is pic 5 so my bluetooth is still gone and nothing is fixed. Please help me.

:)

Mira1310, Oct 17, 2020

2. Bluetooth disappeared

Hi Jenny,

We appreciate you for being a part of Windows 10.

Before proceeding, we need more information to help you better.

• Did you checked whether the Bluetooth device is listed under hidden devices in Device manager?

• Have you checked whether the Bluetooth driver is listed under installed programs under Programs and features? (As you have reinstalled the Bluetooth.)

• Does the Bluetooth disappeared after you have started to use Wacom Bluetooth keyboard?
    Note:

• In device manager, click on "view" tab and select "show hidden devices" and check whether Bluetooth device/driver is listed.

• To check the drivers installed in Programs and features, Press
      Windows + X keys on the keyboard and select Programs and features and check whether the Bluetooth driver is installed.
    Until you get back to us with the required information, follow the below steps and check if it helps.

Step 1:

I would suggest you check if Bluetooth Support service is started.

• Press Windows + R
      keys on the keyboard, type services.msc
      and press OK.

• Now, find Bluetooth Support Service
      and start it

• Double click on the Bluetooth Support Service
      set the startup type as Automatic.
    Step 2:

Follow the steps to run the Hardware and devices troubleshooter and check if you are able to fix the issue.

• Press Windows + X keys on the keyboard and select
      Control Panel

• Type Troubleshooting in the search bar on the
      Control Panel.

• Click on View all on the left navigation pane.

• Click on Hardware and devices.

• Click on Advanced on the Hardware and devices
      dialog box and click on Run as administrator (Enter the credentials if required).

• Click on Next and follow onscreen instruction complete the
      Hardware and devices troubleshooter.

Reference: I would suggest you to check whether the drivers are up to date. Refer to the below link on how to download and install the drivers in Windows 10.

How to: Install and Update drivers in
    Windows 10

Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with the issue. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Kiran Kishore, Oct 17, 2020
  3. Try3 Win User
    No button for bluetooth in action center

Joe,

Assuming that you have a Bluetooth card, run these checks -

Do you have a Bluetooth entry in Settings, Devices?

Bluetooth button and feature disappeared from my laptop [​IMG]

If not then Windows does not think you have a Bluetooth card. Check Device manager for a Bluetooth group.

1. If neither of these is there then you do not have a Bluetooth card or you have disabled Bluetooth in the BIOS. You should check your BIOS for a relevant entry but BIOSes vary so I cannot suggest where such a setting might be. You could seek advice from your computer maker or their user forum.
    2. If one is there but not the other then you might be able to get it working correctly by reinstalling the driver from your Computer / Bluetooth card maker's website.

You can customise the items shown in Action center but Bluetooth, if it is enabled, is generally put there by default. As explained above, you can customise what is shown by playing around with Settings, System, Notifications. You can add more entries or you can drag off existing entries or you can drag existing entries around to get them in the layout you prefer.

Denis

4. Bluetooth button and feature disappeared from my laptop

Bluetooth disappeared Windows 10

Before proceeding, we need more information to help you better.

Did you checked whether the Bluetooth device is listed under hidden devices in Device manager?

Have you checked whether the Bluetooth driver is listed under installed programs under Programs and features? (As you have reinstalled the Bluetooth.)

Note:

In device manager, click on "view" tab and select "show hidden devices" and check whether Bluetooth device/driver is listed.

To check the drivers installed in Programs and features, Press Windows + X keys on the keyboard and select Programs and features and check whether the Bluetooth driver is installed.

Until you get back to us with the required information, follow the below steps and check if it helps.

Step 1:

I would suggest you check if Bluetooth Support service is started.

Press Windows + R keys on the keyboard, type services.msc and press OK.

Now, find Bluetooth Support Service and start it

Double click on the Bluetooth Support Service set the startup type as Automatic.

Reference: I would suggest you to check whether the drivers are up to date. Refer to the below link on how to download and install the drivers in Windows 10.

How to: Install and Update drivers in Windows 10

Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with the issue. We are glad to assist you.

sunil parmar, Oct 17, 2020
Thema:

Bluetooth button and feature disappeared from my laptop

1. Bluetooth button and feature disappeared from my laptop - Similar Threads - Bluetooth button feature

2. Bluetooth button is disappeared,

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bluetooth button is disappeared,: Bluetooth button is disappeared.B Tried to shutdown and wait 10 mintues or retart per previous discussions.No luck https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bluetooth-button-is-disappeared/0d797cbc-121b-47e5-b86c-1dec0498e05a
  3. Bluetooth button is disappeared,

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bluetooth button is disappeared,: Bluetooth button is disappeared.B Tried to shutdown and wait 10 mintues or retart per previous discussions.No luck https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bluetooth-button-is-disappeared/0d797cbc-121b-47e5-b86c-1dec0498e05a
  4. Why did the bluetooth button completely disappear on my laptop?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why did the bluetooth button completely disappear on my laptop?: Hi! I wanted to connect to my earbuds but when I tried to add a device it said my bluetooth was off but I can't find the toggle to turn it on at all, no matter what I try. I have no clue where it could be and nothing I have tried has helped....
  5. Why did the bluetooth button completely disappear on my laptop?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why did the bluetooth button completely disappear on my laptop?: Hi! I wanted to connect to my earbuds but when I tried to add a device it said my bluetooth was off but I can't find the toggle to turn it on at all, no matter what I try. I have no clue where it could be and nothing I have tried has helped....
  6. My bluetooth button disappeared

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    My bluetooth button disappeared: That's all, I was having problems connecting to bluetooth so i turned it on and off and then the button just disappeared, and the bluetooth is off. I don't know what can I do, i already restarted the computer. Any suggestions? submitted by /u/Nxmxl [link] [comments]...
  7. Bluetooth has disappeared from my laptop

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Bluetooth has disappeared from my laptop: In the settings, there is no "On/Off" switch for Bluetooth. It's just not there. I've tried the Troubleshooter, it says BT is not available on this device, "Check Capability"? Detected. I've tried uninstalling and Reinstalling the Drivers, Nothing. Dell Laptop, if it...
  8. Bluetooth button and feature disappeared and I can't turn on my Bluetooth

in Windows 10 Customization
    Bluetooth button and feature disappeared and I can't turn on my Bluetooth: To whomever this may concern, I was just using my buetooth-connected headphones normally until it suddenly stopped connecting. I tried checking but then the bluetooth icon at the action center is gone, so I decided to open my settings. But when I opened settings, the button...
  9. Bluetooth disappeared from laptop

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Bluetooth disappeared from laptop: My Bluetooth seems to have disappeared from my laptop. I have tried doing windows icon + x to uninstall Bluetooth and reinstall it but Bluetooth doesn't show up. My device is a Lenovo ideapad FLEX 4-1480 Signature Edition. Would really appreciate help. The Bluetooth icon...
  10. Bluetooth has disappeared from my laptop

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Bluetooth has disappeared from my laptop: Hello all, My bluetooth wasn't connecting properly to my headphones earlier, so I tried to turn it off and on. Unfortunately, I couldn't turn it back on, and when I restarted settings the option to had disappeared: [ATTACH] The icon has also disappeared from the...