Windows 10: Bluetooth capability suddenly disappeared from my computer and I cannot figure out why

Discus and support Bluetooth capability suddenly disappeared from my computer and I cannot figure out why in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello all, I have an ASUS Zenbook UX331U Notebook. Today all of a sudden, my bluetooth stopped working. I have tried reinstalling the drivers and it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by MaPoh, Jan 29, 2021.

1. MaPoh Win User

Bluetooth capability suddenly disappeared from my computer and I cannot figure out why

Hello all,

I have an ASUS Zenbook UX331U Notebook. Today all of a sudden, my bluetooth stopped working. I have tried reinstalling the drivers and it doesn't seem to work. Earlier, it appeared as a hidden device in device manager but I did a clean reset and now I can't see it in the hidden devices either. Ran a bluetooth troubleshoot and it says that my computer does not have bluetooth capability and I should get an external adapter. None of this makes sense because it was working just fine a day ago.

I also had an error that said "Unknown USB device Device Descriptor Request Failed", I thought maybe this error is connected with a usb webcam that I had connected my laptop to in the morning. However, I had unplugged it after 10 minutes and the error was still persistent even after i disabled and uninstalled the driver.

It also doesn't make sense that the webcam is related to the bluetooth issue because I had used the webcam a week ago and everything seemed to work just fine. Please help me out, i have tried everything and nothing seems to work.

:)

MaPoh, Jan 29, 2021
  2. Cal_9 Win User

Bluetooth capabilities disappeared

After doing a factory reset, it appears the bluetooth capabilities on my laptop have disappeared. There is no option to turn on bluetooth in the bluetooth and devices menu. In the device manager menu, there is no Bluetooth option. I've tried various things,
    such as enabling Bluetooth support services and downloading drivers, but I've not fixed the problem. When I try to troubleshoot Bluetooth, it says that my laptop has no Bluetooth capabilities.

Just to be clear, my laptop used to have Bluetooth capabilities, and now it does not.

Cal_9, Jan 29, 2021
  3. kawiah Win User
    Bluetooth Suddenly Disappeared - from settings & device manager

Update:

Going to Control Panel > All Control Panel Items > Troubleshooting > Hardware and Sound > Bluetooth

I ran the troubleshooter and it told me my device does not have bluetooth capability. Which is wrong because I've been using it for three months.

Bluetooth capability suddenly disappeared from my computer and I cannot figure out why [​IMG]

kawiah, Jan 29, 2021
  4. MicheleB Win User

Bluetooth capability suddenly disappeared from my computer and I cannot figure out why

Bluetooth Suddenly Disappeared - from settings & device manager

Number 1: Open up the devices window (search for Device Manager, and you will get the window).

Bluetooth capability suddenly disappeared from my computer and I cannot figure out why [​IMG]

Number 2: Open up the View Menu. When I selected "Show Hidden Devices", my Bluetooth devices and installed drivers appeared.

Now you should see Bluetooth on the device list. Click the arrow to open up the selections:

Number 3: I double clicked each of the 'devices' under Bluetooth (there were several on that particular computer). The message told me that the devices were'disconnected'. I right-clicked each of them and selected 'Update Driver". I chose to search the web for the updated drivers:

It updated one driver, but Bluetooth was still disconnected.

Number 4: Finally, I went to the web-site of the maker of that laptop and downloaded the most recent drivers to the machine. I unzipped them, and selected 'Update Drivers' again for the Bluetooth device on the machine (which unfortunately had a generic name like 'Win USB Bluetooth Device' so I wasn't sure I was selecting the correct thing).

This time, however, I chose "Browse my computer for driver software", and chose the folder to which I unzipped the downloaded driver. The driver updated and, lo and behold, the device connected.

I'm giving you such a detailed description because it took me a couple of hours to find where the problem lay and solve it. Hope this helps you! If I've been unclear, please let me know!

MicheleB, Jan 29, 2021
Thema:

1. Bluetooth capability suddenly disappeared from my computer and I cannot figure out why - Similar Threads - Bluetooth capability suddenly

2. My bluetooth capability has disappeared from my computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My bluetooth capability has disappeared from my computer: I was in the middle of watching a YouTube when suddenly, my bluetooth headphones disconnected. I tried to reconnect them and failed so i reset my computer. When it turned back on it said "bluetooth is turned off" and the button to turn it back on had disappeared. I check my...
  3. My bluetooth capability has disappeared from my computer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My bluetooth capability has disappeared from my computer: I was in the middle of watching a YouTube when suddenly, my bluetooth headphones disconnected. I tried to reconnect them and failed so i reset my computer. When it turned back on it said "bluetooth is turned off" and the button to turn it back on had disappeared. I check my...
  4. My bluetooth capability has disappeared from my computer

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Bluetooth capability disappeared from PC

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bluetooth capability disappeared from PC: Today when I tried to connect it to my wireless headphones, I noticed that the Bluetooth icon was missing from the action center. I opened the tray and the icon was also missing. I even went into settings to connect it directly to my headphones, but it says Bluetooth is off...
  6. Bluetooth capability disappeared from PC

Bluetooth capability disappeared from PC: Today when I tried to connect it to my wireless headphones, I noticed that the Bluetooth icon was missing from the action center. I opened the tray and the icon was also missing. I even went into settings to connect it directly to my headphones, but it says Bluetooth is off...
  7. Bluetooth capability disappeared from PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
  8. Bluetooth capability disappeared from laptop

Bluetooth capability disappeared from laptop: Hi there, I have an Acer Swift 3 and today, when I tried to connect it to my wireless headphones, I noticed that the BlueTooth icon was missing in the action center. I opened the tray and the icon was also missing from there. I even went into settings to connect it directly...
  9. Bluetooth capability disappeared from laptop

Bluetooth capability disappeared from laptop: Hi, I have an Acer Swift 3 and today when I tried to connect it to my wireless earphones, I realised that the BlueTooth icon was missing from the action centre. I opened the tray and the icon was missing from there as well. I even went into settings to directly connect it...
  10. Bluetooth capabilities disappeared

Bluetooth capabilities disappeared: After doing a factory reset, it appears the bluetooth capabilities on my laptop have disappeared. There is no option to turn on bluetooth in the bluetooth and devices menu. In the device manager menu, there is no Bluetooth option. I've tried various things, such as enabling...