Windows 10: Bluetooth causing BSOD?

Discus and support Bluetooth causing BSOD? in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello, I'm writing here in hopes of solving this problem once and for all, as it can be very frustrating not being able to use bluetooth on my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Blue Seashells, Apr 9, 2020.

1. Bluetooth causing BSOD?

Hello,

I'm writing here in hopes of solving this problem once and for all, as it can be very frustrating not being able to use bluetooth on my laptop.

Since I've purchase my laptop I never could get bluetooth to work as it always caused BSOD. I tried updating the drivers, I have restarted my PC to factory settings and none of this worked. Everytime I turn on bluetooth, a few seconds later there's a BSOD.

I tried searching for solutions on the internet but nothing worked. I've ran out of ideas so that's why I'm asking for your help. Here's my laptop specs.

Device: ASUS X555L LJ

Processor: IntelR CoreTM i7-5500U CPU @ 2.40Ghz

RAM: 8GB

System type: 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor

Windows 10 Home Version 103

Installed on 26/10/2019

Bluetooth driver: Mediatek Bluetooth Adaptor

What am I missing?!

I greatly apreciate any help. Take care!

:)

Blue Seashells, Apr 9, 2020

2. Recent update has caused issues with bluetooth

Hi Daniel,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

Share this information to assist you better.

• Have you tried any troubleshooting steps on your computer?
    I suggest you to check the status of Bluetooth in device manager.

Method 1: Check Device Manager.

• Press Windows + X, click on Device Manager.

• Check for any exclamation marks in there.
    If exclamations mark are there on any device name, try to update them by right clicking on them.

Method 2: Follow below steps.

Step 1: Run Hardware and Device troubleshooter.

• Press Windows + W, Type troubleshooting.

• From the search list, click on troubleshooting

• On the left pane, click on view all.

• From the list click on hardware and devices troubleshooter.

• Follow on screen instructions to complete the troubleshooting.

Method 3:

I suggest you to uninstall the Bluetooth driver from the device manager and install the latest driver for the device from the manufacturer website.

Step 1: Uninstall and Reinstall Bluetooth Driver.

Please follow the steps given here to uninstall and then reinstall the Bluetooth driver.

a) Press Windows key +X
    key when you are at desktop.

b) Select Device Manager.

c) Find and double-click Bluetooth driver from the left panel to uninstall

d) Right-click the device, and click Uninstall.

e) Windows will prompt you to confirm the device’s removal. Click OK
    to remove the driver.

f) After the uninstallation is complete, reboot your computer as soon as possible.

Step 2: Install the Bluetooth driver from the manufacturer’s website.

You can logon to the manufacturer website and install the driver latest drivers in compatible mode.

Hope these information helps, please get back to us for future support, we’ll be glad to assist you further.

Rakesh Narayanaswamy, Apr 9, 2020
  3. Msap14 Win User
    BSOD Hardware Caused???

they do weird things like that, which all seem like something else is failing.
    One of the worst things to diagnose, they seem to only quit when they want to.

Memtest is a good next step, if you rule out RAM and Power Supply make sure you disconnect all unnecessary peripherals and try to start the system with as little hardware as possible, if it works then, you can narrow down the culprit by trial and error.

the follow was taken from some website:

It's very difficult to determine if a failure is caused by the CPU because many other components can cause the same symptom when they fail.

1. System fails to boot
    2. System re-boots intermittently
    3. General Protection Fault
    4. Illegal Operation
    5. Stop Error, or BSoD (Blue Screen OfDeath)

Actually, CPUs rarely fail, and about the only way to determine if the CPU is causing the failure is to swap it out with a known working CPU of the same type and speed. Since this is difficult, the best bet is to first rule out every other possibility.

Before suspecting the CPU, rule out all the possibilities listed below.

1. The Operating System
    2. A peripheral port device
    3. A bad memory module
    4. The hard disk drive
    5. The power supply
    6. The motherboard

If you have ruled out out all the other possibilities, investigate the items listed below.

1. Overheating
    2. A short circuit
    3. ESD

Msap14, Apr 9, 2020
  4. ARC
    Arc Win User

Bluetooth causing BSOD?

Random BSOD while browsing internet

BitDefender is nothing special. mwac.sys causes BSODs anywhere.
    A tiny documentation can be found here: Solved Random BSODs - Windows 10 Forums
    In that very thread, the suggested action apparently worked.

The storage and network filters of any third party antivirus can cause BSODs. Neither MBAM nor BitDefender is any special. For a regular antivirus, it may be shifted to an alternative; but MBAM has no alternative. So a clean install of the said program is the most feasible first step.
    As far as the first step is not failing, it is better to not think for the second step. Because the BSODs are not universal, failure at the first step is not universal; and success at the second step is also not universal.
    That is why I posted that my suggestion may work, or may not. Let us see where it goes.

Thema:

Bluetooth causing BSOD?

1. Bluetooth causing BSOD? - Similar Threads - Bluetooth causing BSOD

2. *CONNECTING TO BUDS THROUGH BLUETOOTH CAUSING BSOD*

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    *CONNECTING TO BUDS THROUGH BLUETOOTH CAUSING BSOD*: I had bought galaxy buds 2, and when i first connected them to my pc, it used to crash, i searched for answers and updated my Bluetooth driver using a free driver updating software called pc helpsoft driver updater, it then worked fine, recently i updated this bluetooth...
  3. *CONNECTING TO BUDS THROUGH BLUETOOTH CAUSING BSOD*

in Windows 10 Gaming
    *CONNECTING TO BUDS THROUGH BLUETOOTH CAUSING BSOD*: I had bought galaxy buds 2, and when i first connected them to my pc, it used to crash, i searched for answers and updated my Bluetooth driver using a free driver updating software called pc helpsoft driver updater, it then worked fine, recently i updated this bluetooth...
  4. *CONNECTING TO BUDS THROUGH BLUETOOTH CAUSING BSOD*

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Bluetooth headphones constantly disconnect and cause BSOD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bluetooth headphones constantly disconnect and cause BSOD: I have a Bluetooth headset and adapter with the proper drivers installed. Occasionally when using them they disconnect on their own and requires me to turn the headset off and flick the Bluetooth on/off setting twice on my desktop. This works, then soon after it happens...
  6. Bluetooth headphones constantly disconnect and cause BSOD

Bluetooth headphones constantly disconnect and cause BSOD: I have a Bluetooth headset and adapter with the proper drivers installed. Occasionally when using them they disconnect on their own and requires me to turn the headset off and flick the Bluetooth on/off setting twice on my desktop. This works, then soon after it happens...
  7. Bluetooth Headphones force disconnects and causes BSOD.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bluetooth Headphones force disconnects and causes BSOD.: I have a Bluetooth headset and adapter with the proper drivers installed. Occasionally when using them they disconnect on their own and requires me to turn the headset off and flick the Bluetooth on/off setting twice on my desktop. This works, then soon after it happens...
  8. Bluetooth Headphones force disconnects and causes BSOD.

Bluetooth Headphones force disconnects and causes BSOD.: I have a Bluetooth headset and adapter with the proper drivers installed. Occasionally when using them they disconnect on their own and requires me to turn the headset off and flick the Bluetooth on/off setting twice on my desktop. This works, then soon after it happens...
  9. BSOD- Cause

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD- Cause: I have been having massive problems with my Laptop constant BSOD/ no bootable device errors. The SSD with the OS was replaced a week ago and I had no bluescreens since then. I thought this had fixed the issue. Unfortunately I was forced to install windows 1909 and every time...
  10. Clicking "scan for hardware changes" on Bluetooth caused a BSOD

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Clicking "scan for hardware changes" on Bluetooth caused a BSOD: Like the title says, clicking "scan for hardware changes" (in Device Manager) on the Bluetooth voice caused an immediate BSOD. I have a bluetooth dongle (CSR8510 A10) that's not showing up under device manager, so I thought I'd scan for hardware but BSOD happened. What...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. turning Bluetooth on or off causing bsod

2. every time i try o install a blue tooth device it memory dumps