Windows 10: Bluetooth completely missing

Discus and support Bluetooth completely missing in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I recently updated my HP Elitebook 2760p from Windows 7 to Windows 10. Now I've noticed that all my Bluetooth functionality is gone. I can't even find... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by jvanorman, May 17, 2016.

1. jvanorman Win User

Bluetooth completely missing

I recently updated my HP Elitebook 2760p from Windows 7 to Windows 10. Now I've noticed that all my Bluetooth functionality is gone. I can't even find where to turn it on anymore. I went to HP site and downloaded the Bluetooth driver and still nothing. Has anyone been able to solve this problem? Thanks in advance!

:)

jvanorman, May 17, 2016
  2. AjDansie Win User

Trying to connect a new Xbox 1 S controller to my windows 10 desktop. I cannot find anything for blue tooth in the settings (printers and devices), device manager, or the control panel. Also tried a search of all files and such from the task bar. Perhaps
    a driver error, but not sure. None of the other community questions had anything like this.

Thanks ahead of time.

AjDansie, May 17, 2016
  3. Bluetooth completely missing

Hi,

As per the information, I suggest you to refer the below article Fix Bluetooth problems in Windows 10: FAQ and check if that helps:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/14169/windows-10-fix-bluetooth-problems

Also you may visit the computer's manufacturer website and download and install the latest Bluetooth drivers that is available for your PC. To learn how to perform the above, refer to the link provided below

How to: Install and Update Hardware Drivers in Windows 10

Hope this helps

Regards

Vanessa Sohtun, May 17, 2016
  4. Berton Win User

Does the Bluetooth adapter show in Device Manager? Right-click Start, click Device Manager.
    Does the Wi-Fi adapter work? Most Notebooks have the Bluetooth as part of the Wi-Fi, turn Wi-Fi off and Bluetooth will be off.

Berton, May 18, 2016
  5. dalchina New Member
    Hi, assuming you have a functional driver - and what you have done would seem appropriate- check this:

Bluetooth completely missing [​IMG]

and in the Action Centre fly-in (Windows key + A) make sure the Airplane Mode/Flight Mode tile is dull (off).

dalchina, May 18, 2016
  6. I checked the HP site:
    Drivers Software for HP EliteBook 2760p Tablet PC - HP Support Center.

but...
    I don't know enough about your machine or which BT driver you updated(there are 9 network drivers listed).

Berton and Dalchina ask very good questions. Perhaps you've found the answer
    I have one question and a request

Question: Have you run Windows Update manually?
    Win10 is very good at supplying drivers - sometimes you have to ask again when something isn't updated the first time. You can also try to force update the driver in Device Manager

Request: Please update the Systems Specs in your forum profile with complete information.

• In the System Manufacturer/Model Number field, manually type Desktop or Laptop adding it to the information already in the field. The specific model number is important - there are often many models of a given series.
      For example, my machine is a HP Pavilion dv6, but there are tens of the dv6 series, so dv6-6c10us is the specific model.

• Specify Custom Build as the manufacturer if it is not an OEM machine.
    The easiest way to do this is to use the information from a PUBLISHED Speccy report.
    See: Speccy - Publish Snapshot of your System Specs

Post the link to the report that Speccy gives you and also open the Speccy link.
    Then click here to view your System Specs on this forum.

When you have both windows open, put them side-by-side and simply copy the information, field by field, from the Speccy report to your System Specs.

To see what information other members provide in their System Specs, click on My System Specs in the lower left of any post by any member.

Thanks

Slartybart, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Bluetooth completely missing - Similar Threads - Bluetooth completely missing

2. Bluetooth driver completely missing, Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bluetooth driver completely missing, Windows 11: My Bluetooth randomly stopped working today, as the option to turn it off and on vanished. This happened to me a month or two ago and I started a support chat, where the person was quickly able to take control of my laptop and restore it. However, today the support person...
  3. Bluetooth completely missing

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Bluetooth completely missing: Hi guys, I have Acer Aspire 3 laptop with Windows 10, the Bluetooth was working perfectly, I've even connected couple of devices to it before but just few days back, I can't find the Bluetooth icon nor the toggle button from the Bluetooth section in systemsettings, I run some...
  4. Bluetooth completely missing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bluetooth completely missing: Hi guys, I have Acer Aspire 3 laptop with Windows 10, the Bluetooth was working perfectly, I've even connected couple of devices to it before but just few days back, I can't find the Bluetooth icon nor the toggle button from the Bluetooth section in systemsettings, I run some...
  5. Bluetooth completely missing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. Bluetooth Drivers Completely Missing

Bluetooth Drivers Completely Missing: I own a pair of wireless bluetooth headphones that have been operating with no issues for months until today when I attempted to start them and found that bluetooth was disabled on my Windows 10 PC. The option to turn bluetooth on and off was missing. I've reinstalled...
  7. Bluetooth Drivers Completely Missing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bluetooth Drivers Completely Missing: I own a pair of wireless bluetooth headphones that have been operating with no issues for months until today when I attempted to start them and found that bluetooth was disabled on my Windows 10 PC. The option to turn bluetooth on and off was missing. I've reinstalled...
  8. Bluetooth Drivers Completely Missing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  9. Bluetooth Missing Completely

Bluetooth Missing Completely: I looked on other posts already and none of the solutions will work. Basically, Bluetooth is completely missing from my device. I can't add it to the action center, its not in the device manager, and there is no option to enable it in the settings. This is my first time...
  10. Bluetooth completely missing

Bluetooth completely missing: After the 30 NOV 2020 update Bluetooth started dropping the mouse and would not reconnect. Troubleshooting got it as far as 'Turning on Bluetooth' and it endlessly cycled. In Settings if the bar was clicked on it would turn blue, but showed every thing paired had Bluetooth...