Windows 10: Bluetooth connected, but disconnects under audio devices as soon as sound is played, W10

Discus and support Bluetooth connected, but disconnects under audio devices as soon as sound is played, W10 in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have a pair of Sony WH-1000XM2 headphones. They have been working fine for weeks, today when turning on music, my headphones instantly disconnects... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Mortennielsen2, Oct 5, 2018.

1. Bluetooth connected, but disconnects under audio devices as soon as sound is played, W10

I have a pair of Sony WH-1000XM2 headphones.

They have been working fine for weeks, today when turning on music, my headphones instantly disconnects under audio devices, however it's still connected under bluetooth devices.

Rebooting, disconnecting and connecting makes no difference, it connects fine

Bluetooth connected, but disconnects under audio devices as soon as sound is played, W10 c3f0f787-ac2b-4e00-882d-b2fe5a1ccb65?upload=true.png

and the second I put on music it disconnects under audiodevices but stays connected to the PC it self.
    Bluetooth connected, but disconnects under audio devices as soon as sound is played, W10 b7480df5-a14d-46f1-a9fc-96e711f30f1a?upload=true.png

All the latest drivers should be installed.

:)

Mortennielsen2, Oct 5, 2018
  2. pheles22 Win User

Audio on connected Bluetooth devices

I'm having a weird problem that I can't figure out and it's driving me nuts.

All that I'm attempting to do is to listen to the podcasts that I have on my Android smart phone through the speakers on my computer via Bluetooth. This worked in Win 8, but since upgrading to 10 I'm encountering a problem.

The computer will pair with the phone with no issues. It will also connect with the device via Bluetooth, no issues there either. But I can't make it pull the audio from the phone. When connected, the audio still plays through the phone, and not the computer.

I've poked around audio settings, and can't find anything. I installed drivers specific to the phone, that did not work. I also went to Dell's site and installed Bluetooth drivers that are specific to my computer. No change.

Any suggestions?

pheles22, Oct 5, 2018
  3. #JPS Win User
    Initiate Bluetooth Audio device connection - W10

Have a pair of Nokia MD-7W Bluetooth speakers and I much prefer them to the laptop speakers.

They connect and work fine immediately upon initial pairing but, once disconnected, the connection cannot be re-established.

The speakers continue to show as paired device and are listed as working properly in the Playback window and drivers show as up-to-date yet, Troubleshooting simply says they're not connected. It appears that W10 doesn't/can't initiate the connection.

So far, the only way to get them to connect is to remove them from the list of Bluetooth devices altogether and pair them again as a newly added device.

I would like to keep both the built-in laptop speakers as well as the Bluetooth speakers available and have the Bluetooth speakers as my default option so that, whenever the laptop comes within the speakers' range and they are powered on, the audio output
    switches to the Bluetooth speakers. Surely, that's a fairly mainstream thing to be wanting to do and there should be provision in the OS for just that, no?

#JPS, Oct 5, 2018
  4. chewyzme Win User

Bluetooth connected, but disconnects under audio devices as soon as sound is played, W10

Bluetooth headset disconnects any time audio plays

2016 Lenovo 900

WIndows 10

Avantree Audition Pro Headset

All hardware purchased summer 2016. Worked fine until roughly spring 2017. The headset shows up as 2 devices (one for stereo audio, and 1 as a headset device). The Stereo has much better audio since its not sending mic data on the same bluetooth connection.
    Unfortunately, the Stereo device keeps disconnecting as soon as audio is played. At first I thought it was the headset and went to the manufacturer, but discovered cycling my bluetooth on my laptop, or restarting my laptop would fix it (temporarily). The headset
    also worked fine when connected to other devices.

So far:

Reset my headset to factory settings

Removed/repaired the headset

Updated/deleted/installed drivers for: Headset, audio controller, bluetooth

Disabled bluetooth power management control

Restarted laptop a bazillion times

Headset will connect, and as soon as audio tries to play it disconnects. Every once in a while it will work, but only for maybe a day. Windows Support was utterly useless. Had be run the 1 step automate troubleshooter and then hit me up for $149 for tech
    support

Bluetooth connected, but disconnects under audio devices as soon as sound is played, W10 b2eee001-9f03-41c3-8b71-6b19ecc3fe2d.png

Bluetooth connected, but disconnects under audio devices as soon as sound is played, W10 e76640fc-3167-4e40-ab32-8b5e235719b8.png

chewyzme, Oct 5, 2018
Thema:

Bluetooth connected, but disconnects under audio devices as soon as sound is played, W10

1. Bluetooth connected, but disconnects under audio devices as soon as sound is played, W10 - Similar Threads - Bluetooth connected disconnects

2. Bluetooth earphones connect under 'Other Devices' and do not play any audio

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bluetooth earphones connect under 'Other Devices' and do not play any audio: I have a pair of Galaxy Buds+ that have worked perfectly with my PC in the past. They stopped working a few days ago and I have tried everything I could find online to fix them, all to no avail. When I pair them they initially show up as an audio device that I can connect to,...
  3. Bluetooth earphones connect under 'Other Devices' and do not play any audio

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Bluetooth earphones connect under 'Other Devices' and do not play any audio: I have a pair of Galaxy Buds+ that have worked perfectly with my PC in the past. They stopped working a few days ago and I have tried everything I could find online to fix them, all to no avail. When I pair them they initially show up as an audio device that I can connect to,...
  4. Bluetooth earphones connect under 'Other Devices' and do not play any audio

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Connecting bluetooth (audio) devices to W10

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Connecting bluetooth (audio) devices to W10: Connecting bluetooth audio devices to windows 10 is a f****ng pain, every time i want to connect my bluetooth earphones (Mi True wireless EarBuds Basic S) i have to: remove the device from the pairing list , reboot my pc, and then HOPE windows 10 identifies my bluetooth...
  6. Bluetooth Audio Devices Disconnect When Playing Audio

Bluetooth Audio Devices Disconnect When Playing Audio: Issue Description: After pairing my audio device it shows as connected in the Bluetooth settings. When I tab out of settings and play audio, the Bluetooth device disconnects neither bluetooth nor the audio device is turned off, the device just disconnects. Sometimes the...
  7. Playing connection sound when bluetooth device connects

in Windows 10 Customization
    Playing connection sound when bluetooth device connects: Hi community Was reaching out to see if there was a way to add a sound when a bluetooth device ie controller connects / disconnects to windows. Basically looking for the same functionality when a usb device connects or disconnects. Looked through control panel sounds,...
  8. Bluetooth device connected but not recognised as audio device W10

Bluetooth device connected but not recognised as audio device W10: I recently purchased some bluetooth headphones (GLITOBT18). I managed to connect them to my laptop running windows 10. [img] However, i cant find the device in the playback settings and i therefore cant play audio through the headphones. [img] I think this may have...
  9. Bluetooth speakers connected but not listed under audio devices

Bluetooth speakers connected but not listed under audio devices: I’m using Creative T15 wireless bluetooth speakers. Recently they’ve stopped working with my laptop after a minor windows update on 16 Aug. Now my bluetooth settings will reflect that my speakers are connected but they’re not listed under audio devices like they usually do,...
  10. Bluetooth connected, but disconnects under audio devices as soon as sound is played, W10

Bluetooth connected, but disconnects under audio devices as soon as sound is played, W10: I have a pair of Sony WH-1000XM2 headphones. They have been working fine for weeks, today when turning on music, my headphones instantly disconnects under audio devices, however it's still connected under bluetooth devices. Rebooting, disconnecting and connecting makes no...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. bluetooth sound problem on screen saver

2. temporarily my blue tooth speakers are unconnected

3. bluetooth disconnects when no music is played

4. bluetooth audio sound disconnect bu connected bluetooth,
  5. bluetooth audio disconnected windows 7,
  6. windows 10 bluetooth disconnects phone,
  7. bluetooth connected sound playback disconnected,
  8. W10 blutooth problems audio stay connected,
  9. w10 sound settings bluetooh devices are not showing connected,
  10. w10 bluetooth devices show disconnected