Windows 10: Bluetooth connected but sound still plays through speakers

Discus and support Bluetooth connected but sound still plays through speakers in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; My Bluetooth earbuds are powered on, paired and connected, but sound is still coming through speakers, not through earbuds.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by kendog1(2), Apr 24, 2019.

1. Bluetooth connected but sound still plays through speakers

My Bluetooth earbuds are powered on, paired and connected, but sound is still coming through speakers, not through earbuds.

:)

kendog1(2), Apr 24, 2019

2. Bluetooth speaker not playing

Hello Tanya,

Your Bluetooth speaker might be paired with your PC but not connected. You can try the following steps to manually connect it:

• Make sure your Bluetooth speaker is turned on.
    • On the far right of the Windows taskbar, press and hold (right-click)
      Volume
      , and then select Playback devices.
    • On the Playback tab, select the Bluetooth speaker, press and hold (or right-click) it, and then select
      Connect.
    • Select your Bluetooth speaker, and then select Set default. Music should play on your Bluetooth speaker now.

Let us know if performing the steps makes any difference.

Michelle Vil, Apr 24, 2019
  3. DjFrenzy Win User
    Lumia 950 Bluetooth With Nokia Play Bluetooth Speaker No Sound

When I pair my Lumia 950 via Bluetooth to with a Nokia Play Speaker, it states that it is "Connected Music". However, when I play music from Groove, I can see the song is playing but no sound at all. I've tried the following in hopes to remedy the problem
    but same result:

• Unpair and pair again
      • Manual pair
      • NFC pair
    • Ensure no 3.5mm jack is connected to the speaker
    I'm guessing this is due to a Bluetooth stack issue. Will Microsoft update the stack in future updates?

Note that on my Lumia 920 Windows 10 Preview, I'm able to hear sound just fine.

Thanks

DjFrenzy, Apr 24, 2019
  4. Braxho Win User

Bluetooth connected but sound still plays through speakers

Bluetooth portable speakers are connected, but no sound.

After trying every suggested remedy I can find in these posts, I am still unable to get my Dell PC to play over my new JBL Bluetooth speakers. Briefly:

• speakers work OK with my android tablet. Tablet source has now been disconnected.
    • PC is Bluetooth enabled. Windows 10 Bluetooth software has been updated, mere minutes ago.
    • PC finds my speakers, correctly identifies them as Charge 2+, and tells me I am connected. My speakers, in turn, make an encouraging beepy sound as they presumably find my PC, but there is no sound.
    • I have disconnected and reconnected (un-paired and re-paired) my speakers several times with no result.
    • My 2-year old PC has no internal speakers. External speakers work correctly, and nothing is plugged into my headphone jack.
    The silence is deafening. Any help you can offer will be gratefully received. Thanks.

Braxho, Apr 24, 2019
Thema:

Bluetooth connected but sound still plays through speakers

1. Bluetooth connected but sound still plays through speakers - Similar Threads - Bluetooth connected sound

2. No sound coming from connected Bluetooth speakers

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    No sound coming from connected Bluetooth speakers: Hi. I've recently purchased a Xiaomi Bluetooth speaker for my Windows 10 (64 bit) laptop. The speaker connects without a problem but there is no sound coming from it. I've uninstalled and reinstalled the Bluetooth drivers but still no sound. The speaker - - Shows as...
  3. no sound plays through internal speakers

no sound plays through internal speakers: I cannot get any sound to play through the internal speakers of my laptop. It did play previously. The speaker in the task bar has a red and white x and the trouble shooter says no speakers headphones plugged in. When I pull up the info on sound it lists its location at HDMI...
  4. Game sounds not playing through laptop speakers.

Game sounds not playing through laptop speakers.: I have recently develped an issue.I cannot play video game sounds through my laptop speaker.Other sounds such as music,movies and notifications work just fine.Its just the game sounds.So i assumed it was some kind of driver issue so i checked realtek and intel audio drivers...
  5. NO sound through in-build speakers

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    NO sound through in-build speakers: I cannot fix this problem, there is no sound through the speakers but I have audio via bluetooth and headphones. My system is HP ElitePad running Windows 10 Pro, 1809, 64-bit. I tried various troubleshooting actions, including updating drivers, reinstalled Windows. Please...
  6. Sound plays through speakers and headphones at same time

Sound plays through speakers and headphones at same time: My audio wasn't working at first so I checked my device manager and saw that my intel high definition audio device was missing so I manually downloaded it and used intel device support to make sure it was all updated now the sound works but when I plug in my headphones the...
  7. Headphones not detected and sound continues to play through speakers

Headphones not detected and sound continues to play through speakers: After doing a complete reset and re installation of windows on my laptop the laptop no longer detects headphones. With headphones plugged into the headphone jack the sound still plays through the speakers. When I look in playback devices while the headphones are connected...
  8. connect a bluetooth speaker

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    connect a bluetooth speaker: there is no connect box in my startup so I cannot use the info on windows 10 site https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/apps_windows_10-winapps-appscat_tools/connect-a-bluetooth-speaker/fc85bdd1-7395-4e44-bd79-4c05541a24a5
  9. Sound balancing in bluetooth speakers

in Windows 10 Customization
    Sound balancing in bluetooth speakers: When I try to balance the sound from my left and right bluetooth speakers in sound settings, they increase/decrease simultaneously. It didn't happen before. I'm using Windows 10 pro. How to solve this issue?...
  10. How to play audio/music through speakers AND bluetooth speakers

How to play audio/music through speakers AND bluetooth speakers: I have a pair of Creative T40 speakers plugged into the 3.5mm jack on my laptop. I got hold of a bluetooth speaker and that was recognised straight-away. I have installed a large monitor (32inch) to the laptop on which I work as well as watch movies and play games. I was...