Windows 10: Bluetooth connecting a Windows 10 laptop to a bluetooth transmitter that is not discoverable

Discus and support Bluetooth connecting a Windows 10 laptop to a bluetooth transmitter that is not discoverable in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello, I have an unusual question regarding Bluetooth pairing. I purchased a Bluetooth transmitter to connect to my TV so I can connect Bluetooth... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by MrCustoms, Feb 4, 2019.

1. MrCustoms Win User

Bluetooth connecting a Windows 10 laptop to a bluetooth transmitter that is not discoverable

Hello,

I have an unusual question regarding Bluetooth pairing.

I purchased a Bluetooth transmitter to connect to my TV so I can connect Bluetooth headphones to the TV. This works fine and I can connect my Bluetooth headphones to the transmitter by pushing the paring buttons on both. This confirms the transmitter works properly.

What I want to know is if I can pair my Windows 10 laptop to the Bluetooth transmitter so I can listen through my laptop speakers (to hear my TV and my computer sounds at the same time). However, the transmitter is not discoverable (I have tried using my Windows 10 laptop, IPhone, and Android phone and I cannot find the transmitter for pairing). Since the transmitter is non discoverable, I tried turning on "Allow Bluetooth devices to find this PC" but that was not successful. Is there a way to configure my laptop so that it will behave like a "dumb" pair of Bluetooth headphones to connect to the transmitter?

Specifications:

Windows 10 - 64 bit (I guess it's the home version. I got a free upgrade from Windows 8 several years ago).

My laptop is a Toshiba Qosmio gaming laptop with Bluetooth 4.0: https://support.toshiba.com/support/staticContentDetail?contentId=3168706&isFromTOCLink=false

The Bluetooth transmitter is here:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B...4df-15aac5223b10&pf_rd_r=CVXRGFJCBV25M4YG9GPZ

:)

MrCustoms, Feb 4, 2019
  2. cereberus Win User

Bluetooth dongle or transmitter?

You can buy optical to bluetooth transmitters. Connecting optical out from tv will not mute tv speakers.

Bluetooth Transmitters, TaoTronics Bluetooth 4.1: Amazon.co.uk: Electronics

cereberus, Feb 4, 2019
  3. ducky01 Win User
    Bluetooth speaker wont connect to laptop?

I'm having some trouble figuring out what to do here, my Bluetooth speaker wont connect and isn't even discoverable by my laptop. i want to connect my Bluetooth speaker to my laptop but when i go to Bluetooth settings my speaker does not show up on the list of devices. I have un-installed and re-installed the drivers, i've reset the Bluetooth driver management service and Bluetooth support services but still nothing is working, any help would be much appreciated.

just in case you need to know the specs.
    speaker: Bush soundbar model-BSB02BT20
    laptop: Hp Elitebook 8470p running windows 10

please help!

ducky01, Feb 4, 2019
  4. aasim1111 Win User

Bluetooth connecting a Windows 10 laptop to a bluetooth transmitter that is not discoverable

Bluetooth in windows 10

My computer specs are as listed in the profile. I think all of you guys are correct. I don't have built-in Bluetooth in mobo.

I contacted skull candy headphones and thy have told me if I do not have built-in Bluetooth, I would need a dongle which supports at least a2dp. I do not know what the heck that means. I have a feeling I would need more than a cheap dongle.

Anyone suggest some a2dp adapters. I searched but don't know what a2dp is so couldn't make a decision

aasim1111, Feb 4, 2019
Thema:

1. Bluetooth connecting a Windows 10 laptop to a bluetooth transmitter that is not discoverable - Similar Threads - Bluetooth connecting laptop

2. bluetooth not discoverable now

in Windows 10 Gaming
    bluetooth not discoverable now: Before it was my Bluetooth PAIRED but wasn't CONNECTED... Now my device isn't been discovered when I'm trying to search for it...Since unboxing this new laptop, I am experiencing such issues with the Bluetooth. It was very much easy to connect my wireless earphones to my...
  3. bluetooth not discoverable now

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    bluetooth not discoverable now: Before it was my Bluetooth PAIRED but wasn't CONNECTED... Now my device isn't been discovered when I'm trying to search for it...Since unboxing this new laptop, I am experiencing such issues with the Bluetooth. It was very much easy to connect my wireless earphones to my...
  4. bluetooth not discoverable

in Windows 10 Gaming
    bluetooth not discoverable: I am using msi bravo 15 with ryzen 5 and rx5500h gpu , i have tried multiple attemts to fix bluetooth not discovering nearby devices troubleshooting dosent help, the problem started when i tried installing uninstalling gpu drivers i tried to find bluetooth drivers but...
  5. bluetooth not discoverable

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    bluetooth not discoverable: I am using msi bravo 15 with ryzen 5 and rx5500h gpu , i have tried multiple attemts to fix bluetooth not discovering nearby devices troubleshooting dosent help, the problem started when i tried installing uninstalling gpu drivers i tried to find bluetooth drivers but...
  6. Bluetooth error "discoverable"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bluetooth error "discoverable": I am using a Bluetooth dongle to connect my speaker to the computer but I am having this error saying "That didn't work. Make sure that your Bluetooth device is discoverable then try again"What should I do?...
  7. Bluetooth error "discoverable"

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Bluetooth error "discoverable": I am using a Bluetooth dongle to connect my speaker to the computer but I am having this error saying "That didn't work. Make sure that your Bluetooth device is discoverable then try again"What should I do?...
  8. Bluetooth Discoverability

in Windows 10 Customization
    Bluetooth Discoverability: I can't seem to get my PC to add Bluetooth headphones. when I go into settings and click on "allow Bluetooth devices to find this PC" it won't save the settings, nor does it discover the headphones after I put them in pairing mode. What do I do to get this to work?...
  9. Bluetooth port/transmitter/station

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Bluetooth port/transmitter/station: Hi, I have non-wireless scanner. I want to make it Bluetooth enabled. Is there a Bluetooth port/transmitter/station that would sit between my scanner and my W10 laptop.....? I want to plug in the data cable from my scanner into this Bluetooth device, but the device would...
  10. Bluetooth dongle or transmitter?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Bluetooth dongle or transmitter?: It seems I cannot use Bluetooth with a new Soundbar and my smart TV as I had expected, but I understand I may be able to give the TV BT functionality with either a USB dongle or transmitter? So far the dongles I have viewed are for a PC, not a TV; and transmitters my have the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. bluetooth cant connect to laptop

2. why isnt my laptop discoverable by my other compiuter

3. i cant connect my bluetooth device

4. can beats studio 3 be used on a lenovo laptop,
  5. bluetooth device not discoverable