Windows 10: Bluetooth Connection Issue - headphones, LE vs regular connection

Discus and support Bluetooth Connection Issue - headphones, LE vs regular connection in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I am having issues connecting my bluetooth headphones to my computer. When I go to connect using the bluetooth settings -> "Add bluetooth or other... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by CM BT issues, Dec 2, 2018.

1. Bluetooth Connection Issue - headphones, LE vs regular connection

I am having issues connecting my bluetooth headphones to my computer. When I go to connect using the bluetooth settings -> "Add bluetooth or other device", I am able to see my headphones in two listings: "Bose AE2 Soundlink" and "LE-Bose AE2 Soundlink".

I can connect to the "LE-Bose AE2 Soundlink", but this does not provide any audio connection between my computer and headphones. My headphones do not indicate any connection with my computer. In the Control Panel -> Hardware and Sound -> Devices and Printers, the "LE-Bose AE2 Soundlink" is listed under "Unspecified".

I cannot connect to the "Bose AE2 Soundlink" at all. When trying to connect, the "Add bluetooth or other device" option returns with "Couldn't connect. Try connecting again".

These issues began around mid to end of October 2018. I was previously able to use my bluetooth headphones with my computer without issue. I am using Qualcomm Atheros Bluetooth hardware.

I believe the issue is related to using bluetooth LE connections for headphones. I have also looked into the "Bluetooth USB module" device details in the device manager and have looked through the properties. I noted one property: "Bluetooth radio are BR secure connections supported" value is "<false>", while the next property: "Bluetooth radio are LE secure connections supported" value is "<true>".

I have tried to connect other bluetooth headphones with the same results as the Bose AE2 Soundlink.

Are my connection problems related to the Bluetooth LE connections? Are they related to the BR (basic rate) connections? Is this a hardware issue?

I have tried the following known resolutions, and all have failed:

1) Updating Bluetooth Drivers

2) Uninstalling and Reinstalling Bluetooth Drivers

3) Uninstalling Bluetooth Device, Forgetting all connections on bluetooth headphones, then trying to reconnect bluetooth headphones

4) Running Bluetooth troubleshooter

5) Running hardware and devices troubleshooter

:)

CM BT issues, Dec 2, 2018
  2. Bazsl Win User

Cannot connect to bluetooth headphones after upgrade to Win10

I upgraded my Lenovo W530 running Win7 Pro 64 bit to Windows 10. After the upgrade I can no longer connect to my bluetooth headphones which worked before the upgrade. The bluetooth radio is on. When I click Connect in the Action Center it shows that the headphones are connected but they are not. The headphones (actually my hearing aids) play a notification sound when a bluetooth connection is made and I never hear that sound. If I play music the sound goes to the speaker, not my headphones. I have removed the headphones and repaired them. I have checked that all of the bluetooth device drivers are up to date in Device Manager. I would really appreciate any suggestions to solve this problem. Thanks.

Bazsl, Dec 2, 2018
  3. JoeShades Win User
    Bluetooth headphones

I bought these headphones Amazon.com: Matone® Qy8 [New Version Qy7] V4.1 Wireless Bluetooth Headphones Best In-Ear Noise Cancelling Headphones with Microphone for Running, Sports Accessories. I connected them fine to my Iphone and Ipod but having problems with Windows I got them to pair but sound still comes through regular speakers only. In sound settings it lists the bluetooth headphones but says disconnected. I click on connect but that does nothing. Do not know what else to do

JoeShades, Dec 2, 2018
  4. devster75 Win User

Bluetooth Connection Issue - headphones, LE vs regular connection

Taotronics TT-BH07 bluetooth headphones paired but not connected

Hi everyone,

Hopefully this is on the right board....

I've got the Taotronics TT-BH07 bluetooth headphones which I've paired with my Windows 10 laptop and it worked fine the first time. I found that the following day, after the laptop had been switched off and started again, when I switch the headphones on, it doesn't connect to the laptop. It shows up in the list of bluetooth devices as "paired" but it doesn't connect automatically. If I remove it and go through the whole pairing process again, I can then use it.

I would have expected it to connect to the laptop automatically when it is switched on. I've had no problems connecting it with my iPhone. I've checked online for drivers for these headphones but there's nothing available, not even on the official Taotronics website.

Am I missing something here? Is this a bug or is there some further configuration I need to carry out on Windows in order to have the headphones connect as soon as I switch them on? Any and all input greatly received.

Cheers,
    Dev

devster75, Dec 2, 2018
Thema:

Bluetooth Connection Issue - headphones, LE vs regular connection

1. Bluetooth Connection Issue - headphones, LE vs regular connection - Similar Threads - Bluetooth Connection Issue

2. Bluetooth headphones connectivity issue on windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bluetooth headphones connectivity issue on windows 11: hi all,I am facing issue with my WH-CH700n headphones while connecting them using Bluetooth. While detecting I am seeing headphones coming with laptop and tablet sign instead of headphones and after connecting to that it is going under unknown devices and not actually...
  3. connecting bluetooth headphones.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    connecting bluetooth headphones.: ive tried going to action center and connect, but is says that desktop-1nduc7 is ready to connect wirelessly, and doesnt mention my headphones. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/connecting-bluetooth-headphones/a5f06ed9-39af-4328-9bf0-fdc15aa38f1a
  4. Headphones will not connect Bluetooth

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Headphones will not connect Bluetooth: Hello, My wireless Bluetooth headphones Sony WH-1000XM3 will not connect. They are paired and I have tried a number of troubleshooting items to get them connected. When I go under the devices property settings and check or uncheck different Bluetooth services options the...
  5. Bluetooth headphones not connecting

Bluetooth headphones not connecting: My Bluetooth headphones are no longer connecting to my laptop. My headphones were connected and I had no problems until I tried to connect my phone via Bluetooth. It was paired but wouldn't connect. I removed my headphones thinking that they might be stopping my phone...
  6. Connect bluetooth headphones

Connect bluetooth headphones: I can't connect my Bluetooth headphones to my laptop. The headphones are Sony WH-CH500 and the computer is Asus X507UA Can you help me please? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/connect-bluetooth-headphones/23538a03-22e4-4b29-9229-955bc5ecba69
  7. Bluetooth Headphone not connected

Bluetooth Headphone not connected: HI, I have JBL T450BT headphone before i reset my computer it working good but after reset my computer i cannot connect again. I use acer extensa 5635, windows 10 pro. version 1903. Please help me about this issue Thanks...
  8. Bluetooth Headphones Not Connecting

Bluetooth Headphones Not Connecting: okay so I just bought brand new bluetooth headphones (they are Mkay WH-816 headphones) and they work fine on linux but the moment I tried connecting them to windows 10 my bluetooth bugged out. Sequence of events: 1. turned on headphones into pairing mode 2. Add Bluetooth or...
  9. Bluetooth headphones connect issue

Bluetooth headphones connect issue: Hello, I'm having some struggles with connecting my PXC 550 to my laptop which has Windows 10 x64 installed. I've tried to reinstall the Bluetooth drivers, trying once again to connect them but still doesn't work. [ATTACH] When I'm trying to connect the headphones to...
  10. Issue connecting JLabs Wireless/Bluetooth Headphones.

Issue connecting JLabs Wireless/Bluetooth Headphones.: I have a pair of JLabs Wireless Bluetooth headphones (click link to see the exact type of headphones) that connect to my cellphone just fine... however I just purchased a new laptop which happens to have Bluetooth capabilities. I was excited to try and connect my JLabs...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. bose le vs regular connection bluetooth