Windows 10: Bluetooth Connection Issue: Unable to Connect Headphones After Uninstalling Mediatek...

Discus and support Bluetooth Connection Issue: Unable to Connect Headphones After Uninstalling Mediatek... in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hello everyone,I'm experiencing a frustrating issue with my Bluetooth connection and I'm hoping someone here might be able to offer some insight or... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Soheil A, Feb 12, 2024.

1. Soheil A Win User

Bluetooth Connection Issue: Unable to Connect Headphones After Uninstalling Mediatek...

Hello everyone,I'm experiencing a frustrating issue with my Bluetooth connection and I'm hoping someone here might be able to offer some insight or assistance.For context, I've been having trouble connecting my Bluetooth headphones for the past couple of days. Whenever I attempt to connect them, they initially show as "Connecting..." for a long period, and then eventually display a message in red text stating "We didn't get any response from the device. Try connecting again".In an attempt to troubleshoot the issue, I found that uninstalling the Mediatek Bluetooth driver should have fixed the p

:)

Soheil A, Feb 12, 2024
  2. Twinblaze Win User

Windows 10 says bluetooth headphones are connected but also not connected

This is one of those nightmare issues where it seems to only be a problem between one computer and one device. The headphones connect just fine on other windows 10 machines, and other bluetooth headphones connect just fine to this computer.

Details:

Upon adding the device in bluetooth, windows says the headphones are connected, but the headphones do not indicate they are connected. The headphones are listed with three separate entries in the bluetooth settings window, under input devices, audio, and unspecified, but this is also the case on the computer where the headphones work just fine. In playback devices, the headphones are listed, but show as disconnected. Selecting "connect" does nothing.

In Devices and printers, the headphones show as connected and troubleshooter finds no problems. If the devices were paired by selecting the available devices listing that the headphone instructions say to select, the right-click menu does not show the "control" option. If paired by selecting the other listing, the control option will be there, but the only option will be to use the device as a proximity lock. Also pairing this way will cause the default windows 10 bluetooth settings window to minimize instantly whenever opened until the device is removed.

Steps already taken:

Used both device manager and a driver utility to check for for driver updates, uninstalled bluetooth devices and drivers and reinstalled, ran sfc /scannow, restarted pc and re-paired headphones numerous times.

Twinblaze, Feb 12, 2024
  3. Mala_S Win User
    Bluetooth Connection Issue - headphones, LE vs regular connection

Hello,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forum.

To have a better clarity on the issue and guide you accordingly, respond to the questions listed below:

1. Have you tried connecting the headphones to another computer and check if it’s working fine?
    2. What is the make and model of the computer?

Meanwhile, I would suggest you with few simple steps. Kindly follow the same.

Step 1: Troubleshoot problems with Bluetooth accessories.

If you can turn on Bluetooth but are having problems pairing or using a Bluetooth accessory, kindly follow the article which gives you steps on
    Audio troubleshoot problems from - https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/14169/windows-10-fix-bluetooth-problems

Step 2: There are two terms regarding Bluetooth: pairing and connecting. Pairing is the introduction of one device to another. Once paired, they will stay in each other’s memory until manually erased. Once a device
    is paired, the headset can then connect to that device to receive audio or voice from the device.

• Go into the device's paired list and manually select the Bluetooth.
    • You may need to clear your paired list in your headset and re-pair your headset to your device.
    • To clear your paired list in your headset, follow these steps: on the headset, press and hold the call and volume – buttons for 10 seconds
    • The headset will revert to discoverable mode (slowly blinking LED), allowing you to re-pair the computer you want connect.

We await your response.

Regards,

Mala. S

Microsoft Community

Mala_S, Feb 12, 2024
  4. Bluetooth Connection Issue: Unable to Connect Headphones After Uninstalling Mediatek...

Bluetooth Connection Issue - headphones, LE vs regular connection

I am having issues connecting my bluetooth headphones to my computer. When I go to connect using the bluetooth settings -> "Add bluetooth or other device", I am able to see my headphones in two listings: "Bose AE2 Soundlink" and "LE-Bose AE2 Soundlink".

I can connect to the "LE-Bose AE2 Soundlink", but this does not provide any audio connection between my computer and headphones. My headphones do not indicate any connection with my computer. In the Control Panel -> Hardware and Sound -> Devices and Printers,
    the "LE-Bose AE2 Soundlink" is listed under "Unspecified".

I cannot connect to the "Bose AE2 Soundlink" at all. When trying to connect, the "Add bluetooth or other device" option returns with "Couldn't connect. Try connecting again".

These issues began around mid to end of October 2018. I was previously able to use my bluetooth headphones with my computer without issue. I am using Qualcomm Atheros Bluetooth hardware.

I believe the issue is related to using bluetooth LE connections for headphones. I have also looked into the "Bluetooth USB module" device details in the device manager and have looked through the properties. I noted one property: "Bluetooth radio are BR
    secure connections supported" value is "<false>", while the next property: "Bluetooth radio are LE secure connections supported" value is "<true>".

I have tried to connect other bluetooth headphones with the same results as the Bose AE2 Soundlink.

Are my connection problems related to the Bluetooth LE connections? Are they related to the BR (basic rate) connections? Is this a hardware issue?

I have tried the following known resolutions, and all have failed:

1) Updating Bluetooth Drivers

2) Uninstalling and Reinstalling Bluetooth Drivers

3) Uninstalling Bluetooth Device, Forgetting all connections on bluetooth headphones, then trying to reconnect bluetooth headphones

4) Running Bluetooth troubleshooter

5) Running hardware and devices troubleshooter

CM BT issues, Feb 12, 2024
Thema:

Bluetooth Connection Issue: Unable to Connect Headphones After Uninstalling Mediatek...

1. Bluetooth Connection Issue: Unable to Connect Headphones After Uninstalling Mediatek... - Similar Threads - Bluetooth Connection Issue

2. Bluetooth Headphone Connection Issues

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bluetooth Headphone Connection Issues: I have a pair of donner dobuds, I was able to hear sound from my laptop through them for many months. I am still able to connect them to the laptop, but when i play sound they just play through laptop speakers. I thought it might be the earbuds so I connected them to my phone...
  3. Bluetooth Headphone Connection Issues

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bluetooth Headphone Connection Issues: I have a pair of donner dobuds, I was able to hear sound from my laptop through them for many months. I am still able to connect them to the laptop, but when i play sound they just play through laptop speakers. I thought it might be the earbuds so I connected them to my phone...
  4. Bluetooth Connection Issue: Unable to Connect Headphones After Uninstalling Mediatek...

Bluetooth Connection Issue: Unable to Connect Headphones After Uninstalling Mediatek...: Hello everyone,I'm experiencing a frustrating issue with my Bluetooth connection and I'm hoping someone here might be able to offer some insight or assistance.For context, I've been having trouble connecting my Bluetooth headphones for the past couple of days. Whenever I...
  5. Unable to connect or remove Bluetooth headphones

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to connect or remove Bluetooth headphones: Previously it worked fine.I have followed the instructions as best as I am able - but have hit a point beyond which I cannot progress.Device name DESKTOP-91AVJSJ Processor IntelR CoreTM i5-9400 CPU @ 2.90GHz 2.90 GHz Installed RAM 8.00 GB 7.90 GB usable Device ID...
  6. Unable to connect or remove Bluetooth headphones

Unable to connect or remove Bluetooth headphones: Previously it worked fine.I have followed the instructions as best as I am able - but have hit a point beyond which I cannot progress.Device name DESKTOP-91AVJSJ Processor IntelR CoreTM i5-9400 CPU @ 2.90GHz 2.90 GHz Installed RAM 8.00 GB 7.90 GB usable Device ID...
  7. Windows 11 unable to connect to bluetooth headphone

Windows 11 unable to connect to bluetooth headphone: So I just messed up with my bluetooth headphone. Now I'm unable to connect to the WH-1000XM4 Headphones but still can connect to the Headsets. Remove the device and reinstall the bluetooth driver wouldn't help. Anyone have any idea about this ?...
  8. Unable to connect bluetooth headphones to PC

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Unable to connect bluetooth headphones to PC: I have a pair of Sony wh-1000xm3 bluetooth headphones which were working fine for ages on both phone and PC. But something weird was happening on the PC throughout the whole time I was using it. If I had the PC turned on with bluetooth on and then turned on the headphones...
  9. Bluetooth headphones connect issue

Bluetooth headphones connect issue: Hello, I'm having some struggles with connecting my PXC 550 to my laptop which has Windows 10 x64 installed. I've tried to reinstall the Bluetooth drivers, trying once again to connect them but still doesn't work. [ATTACH] When I'm trying to connect the headphones to...
  10. Cannot uninstall bluetooth device after connection issue

Cannot uninstall bluetooth device after connection issue: I have been using my logitech K810 bluetooth keyboard for a year without any problems. It stopped connecting a few weeks ago, although it is still saying 'paired' in the sound settings. There is nothing wrong with the keyboard and so I have been attempting to disconnect the...