Windows 10: bluetooth connection issues with all bluetooth audio devices - "that didn't work"

Discus and support bluetooth connection issues with all bluetooth audio devices - "that didn't work" in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello! I keep getting this message when trying to connect to my audio bluetooth devices: "That didn't work. Make sure your Bluetooth device is still... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by uriyasama, Jan 29, 2021.

1. uriyasama Win User

bluetooth connection issues with all bluetooth audio devices - "that didn't work"

Hello!
    I keep getting this message when trying to connect to my audio bluetooth devices: "That didn't work. Make sure your Bluetooth device is still discoverable, then try again", the weird thing is that I get this issue only with audio devices, those I've used in the past and new ones.

When I try connecting to the device I get this message and also my devices respond with blue blinking lights pairing mode so the computer does manage to make some sort of connection with it.

reinstalling drivers or removing and re-pairing with said devices didn't work either

:)

uriyasama, Jan 29, 2021
  2. pheles22 Win User

Audio on connected Bluetooth devices

I'm having a weird problem that I can't figure out and it's driving me nuts.

All that I'm attempting to do is to listen to the podcasts that I have on my Android smart phone through the speakers on my computer via Bluetooth. This worked in Win 8, but since upgrading to 10 I'm encountering a problem.

The computer will pair with the phone with no issues. It will also connect with the device via Bluetooth, no issues there either. But I can't make it pull the audio from the phone. When connected, the audio still plays through the phone, and not the computer.

I've poked around audio settings, and can't find anything. I installed drivers specific to the phone, that did not work. I also went to Dell's site and installed Bluetooth drivers that are specific to my computer. No change.

Any suggestions?

pheles22, Jan 29, 2021
  3. Bluetooth USB Dongle

Ok so here's a question. I had a revelation today that: "Duh, my keyboard/mouse is bluetooth, shouldn't that be the same thing?" My goal here is to get my new Motorola HT820 bluetooth headphones to work with on my computer.

Keyboard/Mouse is Logitech MX5500 Revolution, bluetooth wireless, came with a USB dongle that they connect through. I tried today to get the headset to work, and it won't receive sound. I can get it "connected," but with complications. I'm using Windows XP, have Setpoint 4.7, and I've tried the following:

-Changed the radio settings to a bluetooth hub instead of locked to the keyboard/mouse.

-Clicked "Connect Other Devices."

- Paired headphones with windows. Windows connects correctly, the device reads connections, windows shows it as "already connected" when I try to connect it again. I click on Control Panel -> Bluetooth Devices, and I see the "Motorola HT820" listed as "Passkey enabled," but it doesn't say "Connected" like the keyboard and mouse do. Also, audio does play on the headphones.

-Click on Properties on HT820, and then on services, it does not show any services at all.

- Searched around google, logitech, motorola websites & forums to answers or help, nothing. Closet I got was logitech's "Bluetooth FAQ" which has the following paragraph (http://www.logitech.com/lang/pdf/bluetooth/bluetooth-faq.pdf):

"3.6 How do I listen to music wirelessly with a Bluetooth headphone?
    All you need is a Bluetooth headphone and a media player such as iTunes or Windows Media Player 10. For optimal results, it is recommended you use a headphone with Bluetooth 2.0 Enhanced Data Rate, to benefit from the maximum bandwidth (up to 3Mb/s).
    Please refer to our online "How To" documents for step-by-step instructions related to your specific device (www.logitech.com/bluetooth/howto)." [That link transfers you back to the same pdf document - it's a circle]

-I tried to install latest Widcomm stack from broadcomm's website, but it says it's not compatible with this dongle.

-Called Logitech Tech Support - got a total jerk girl who straight up said "No i can't help you." And then wouldn't give me the time of day after that.

I've read on threads on Logitech forum that people are using this headset with logitech dongles. Any help getting this connected? I just don't want to have 2 bluetooth dongles connected when I rly only should need this one. Otherwise I guess I'll just purchase one of the ones above, and use that to connect my keyboard, mouse, and headphones all in one swoop.

Sidenote: anyone have experience/knowledge with behavior when 2 bluetooth USB dongles are connected to the same computer?

surfsk8snow.jah, Jan 29, 2021
  4. bluetooth connection issues with all bluetooth audio devices - "that didn't work"

Bluetooth Audio Device will not be removed and will not connect

I have a set of bluetooth speakers connected to the Nobsound 10-G Bluetooth device and for the past 6 months or so its worked fine. Two nights ago I put my laptop to sleep and occasionally the device has a strange issue where everything wakes up except the screen so i have to turn it off and on again. This happens every once in a while so it wasn't a big deal until i realized the bluetooth wasn't connecting.

The issue is as such: In Bluetooth settings the device shows up as Paired. If i click it to connect, it says connecting then flashes the word connected before immediately going back to saying paired. The Bluetooth speakers do not respond at all to this. If i remove the device in an attempt to re-Pair it, the device does not show up in searches. I have unplugged the Bluetooth device and everything, but it never shows up.

However, if i turn Bluetooth searching off and on again. The device immediately shows up again as paired.
    And if i remove the device completely from device manager and the control panel, it even sets up the device on its own.

Note that this happens even if the Bluetooth device i'm trying to pair with is off, or unplugged or vise versa. No matter what i do, the device will not properly be removed. I've gone into the Device manager, and removed everything. I uninstalled the bluetooth drivers and reinstalled them, i even did a registry edit in Windows NT to rollback the version to 6.2 in hopes that it would help. Nothing changed.

I did notice that if i click connect while the device is unplugged or off, it says that Windows could not connect. So when i'm trying to connect, it can tell that the device is off, but for whatever reason windows refuses to fully remove the device.

I'm on windows 10, using a Razer Blade Stealth from 2016.

Here's an image illustrating the problem.
    bluetooth connection issues with all bluetooth audio devices - "that didn't work" [​IMG]

imbreakingdown, Jan 29, 2021
Thema:

bluetooth connection issues with all bluetooth audio devices - "that didn't work"

1. bluetooth connection issues with all bluetooth audio devices - "that didn't work" - Similar Threads - bluetooth connection issues

2. Audio issues with Bluetooth connected devices

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Audio issues with Bluetooth connected devices: I have had this issue with many productsThose beings Beats Solo 3 and Samsung Airbuds.Basically anytime I try to use either of them for audio and mic they will not work.Not only that I have to go through a 10 minute process resetting things and even to the point of...
  3. Audio issues with Bluetooth connected devices

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Audio issues with Bluetooth connected devices: I have had this issue with many productsThose beings Beats Solo 3 and Samsung Airbuds.Basically anytime I try to use either of them for audio and mic they will not work.Not only that I have to go through a 10 minute process resetting things and even to the point of...
  4. Audio issues with Bluetooth connected devices

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Bluetooth connection problems with all audio devices

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bluetooth connection problems with all audio devices: Hi! I'm getting this message when I try to connect to my Bluetooth audio devices: "That didn't work. Make sure your Bluetooth device is still visible, then try again", the weird thing is that I get this problem only with audio devices, the ones that I have used in the past...
  6. Bluetooth connection problems with all audio devices

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bluetooth connection problems with all audio devices: Hi! I'm getting this message when I try to connect to my Bluetooth audio devices: "That didn't work. Make sure your Bluetooth device is still visible, then try again", the weird thing is that I get this problem only with audio devices, the ones that I have used in the past...
  7. Bluetooth connection problems with all audio devices

8. Bluetooth device worked and then didn't.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Bluetooth device worked and then didn't.: I bought Vivitar NECK-S-FD Bluetooth Stereo Earphones and I paired them up with my Toshiba laptop computer running Windows 10. I paired them up. I can't remember what Windows called my earphones but I think it was similar to the name. I started to not be able to hear my...
  9. Issue with Bluetooth audio device connection

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Issue with Bluetooth audio device connection: Hello everyone, I came across a weird problem with BT audio devices.Whenever I connect to WIFI through my Laptop,BT device keeps showing connected but it is disconnected.After went through lot of community discussions online,Finally I found a solution.If you are going...
  10. Audio on connected Bluetooth devices

Audio on connected Bluetooth devices: I'm having a weird problem that I can't figure out and it's driving me nuts. All that I'm attempting to do is to listen to the podcasts that I have on my Android smart phone through the speakers on my computer via Bluetooth. This worked in Win 8, but since upgrading to 10...