Windows 10: BLUETOOTH connection problem (phone to PC only)

Discus and support BLUETOOTH connection problem (phone to PC only) in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Have been unable for several months now to send photos, or any file, from Android Phone (MiA1, Android 9) to PC (Windows 10 Pro 64-bit 1809 running on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by malvoglio, Apr 24, 2019.

1. malvoglio Win User

BLUETOOTH connection problem (phone to PC only)

Have been unable for several months now to send photos, or any file, from Android Phone (MiA1, Android 9) to PC (Windows 10 Pro 64-bit 1809 running on LENOVO V33015IKB). Latest updates installed to both Android and Windows. Your Smartphone on PC: version 1.19032.731.0, Your Phone Companion on Android: version 3.4.5

Already tried switching "Battery optimization exception" in YPC to ON. Also tried additionally connecting phone to PC as a tethered hotspot. Both times no improvement.

What works:
    - sending any file from PC to phone via bluetooth
    - using "Continue on PC" to send link from phone via bluetooth to browser on PC

What doesn't work:
    - Share photo (or any file) from phone to PC via bluetooth symbol
    - Using Your Smartphone to load photos from phone

Expected behavior: the latter two should both work.

Went through the troubleshooting page https://support.microsoft.com/de-de/...roubleshooting and applied the steps therein:

In Windows -> System, system accounts are shown OK. In Shared Usage relevant settings are both switched ON.

In Windows settings, Your Smartphone "Allow to run as background app" ON.

Smartphone is not in airplane mode.

Logged into Microsoft account on both PC and phone.

"Do not disturb" on phone is OFF.

EDIT: Sorry forgot to mention, in phone cleared cache and cleared storage for Your Phone Companion

Disconnecting phone via accounts.microsoft.com/devices does not help.

Disconnecting phone via Windows Settings does not help.

Restarting Windows PC and reconnecting phone does not help.

Same problem regardless of whether PC is online via WiFi or via mobile Internet (USB stick).

And what is worse, now Your Smartphone no longer even shows the photos from the time when it used to work (though sending via "Send As" from PC to phone still works). Please help!

:)

malvoglio, Apr 24, 2019
  2. jhearcht Win User

Bluetooth : allow device to connect greyed out

Win10 on Dell Inspiron Desktop PC

I want to play music from my Samsung Galaxy S6 through the bluetooth speaker system on my PC. After successfully pairing the phone, I discover that it is not connected. The bluetooth speakers are connected, but the phone only shows as "paired". In the Bluetooth popup, "allow a device to connect" is greyed out. After a Google search, I know this is a common problem, but proposed solutions don't work in my case. I tried rebooting both PC and phone, but no help. I installed the latest Bluetooth driver from Intel, but no change.

Any suggestions will be appreciated.

jhearcht, Apr 24, 2019
  3. jhearcht Win User
    Bluetooth : "allow device to connect" greyed out

Win10 on Dell Inspiron Desktop PC

I want to play music from my Samsung Galaxy S6 through the bluetooth speaker system on my PC. After successfully pairing the phone, I discover that it is not connected. The bluetooth speakers are connected, but the phone only shows as "paired". In the Bluetooth popup, "allow a device to connect" is greyed out. After a Google search, I know this is a common problem, but proposed solutions don't work in my case. I tried rebooting both PC and phone, but no help. I installed the latest Bluetooth driver from Intel, but no change.

Any suggestions will be appreciated.

jhearcht, Apr 24, 2019
  4. Zaspera Win User

Bluetooth dongle problem!

My problem was (got a new laptop w/ built in bluetooth) that the actual bluetooth did not connect with the PC. I didn't have audio playback problems because the bluetooth wasn't even connected to the PC. Someone on another forum said that he had a similar problem and it was due to the wireless mouse drivers he used. I also used a wireless mouse with a little receiver dongle.

Zaspera, Apr 24, 2019
Thema:

1. BLUETOOTH connection problem (phone to PC only) - Similar Threads - BLUETOOTH connection problem

2. android phone not connecting to windows pc via bluetooth

in Windows 10 Gaming
    android phone not connecting to windows pc via bluetooth: hi, i have this issue for some time now, when i try connecting some device to my pc via bluetooth it sometimes doesn't work but after some work it works, thought with my phone it's a different story, i can't get it to connect with my pc - it connects for a milisecond and then...
  3. android phone not connecting to windows pc via bluetooth

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    android phone not connecting to windows pc via bluetooth: hi, i have this issue for some time now, when i try connecting some device to my pc via bluetooth it sometimes doesn't work but after some work it works, thought with my phone it's a different story, i can't get it to connect with my pc - it connects for a milisecond and then...
  4. Phone Link Bluetooth problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Phone Link Bluetooth problem: I have changed myself to a Samsung Fold4 and I tried connecting it to phone link.Everything seems to work just fine, but I just cant connect the phone with Bluetooth to phone so I can receive calls.The phone asks me if I want to pair it with the PC app, but the app doesn't...
  5. Phone Link Bluetooth problem

Phone Link Bluetooth problem: I have changed myself to a Samsung Fold4 and I tried connecting it to phone link.Everything seems to work just fine, but I just cant connect the phone with Bluetooth to phone so I can receive calls.The phone asks me if I want to pair it with the PC app, but the app doesn't...
  6. Unable to connect bluetooth device phone with PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to connect bluetooth device phone with PC: HelloI'm unable to connect my phone with my PC via Bluetooth. On the PC it shows the phone as "paired" pls. check picture below, but when trying to connect the phone with the PC via the phone's settings, it just says "unable to connect to my PC" on the phone, and nothing...
  7. Unable to connect bluetooth device phone with PC

Unable to connect bluetooth device phone with PC: HelloI'm unable to connect my phone with my PC via Bluetooth. On the PC it shows the phone as "paired" pls. check picture below, but when trying to connect the phone with the PC via the phone's settings, it just says "unable to connect to my PC" on the phone, and nothing...
  8. Bluetooth - PC and phone pairs but don't connect

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Bluetooth - PC and phone pairs but don't connect: I can pair the PC with the phone, but not way that after linking to connect both. I already tried clearing the Bluetooth cache in the phone, and also updating and reinstalling the Bluetooth driver of the PC. As curiosity, after paring, in the PC instead of one paired...
  9. Can pair put not connect the phone with the PC with bluetooth.

Can pair put not connect the phone with the PC with bluetooth.: I can pair the PC with the phone, but not way that after linking to connect both. I already tried clearing the bluetooth cache in the phone, and aslo updating and reinstalling the bluetooth driver of the PC. As curiosity, after paring, in the PC instead of one paired...
  10. Bluetooth - phone to PC connection

Bluetooth - phone to PC connection: Win 10 (64bit), PC, Bluetooth USB stick, Sony Xperia XZ Premium I enabled Bluetooth on my PC and got my phone connected to it (at least that's what my PC tells me) but when I try to send a picture from my phone to my PC, I get an error on my phone, saying there's a...