Windows 10: Bluetooth connection setup incomplete because of metered connection

Discus and support Bluetooth connection setup incomplete because of metered connection in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I've seen this subject come up several times (searches), never answered satisfactorily forme . I have a Lenovo G505s laptop, running Windows 10 Home... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Hegrekarde, Oct 7, 2018.

1. Bluetooth connection setup incomplete because of metered connection

I've seen this subject come up several times (searches), never answered satisfactorily forme .

I have a Lenovo G505s laptop, running Windows 10 Home build 17134.320

I connect something (anything, details are useless) with Bluetooth. The connection "wizard" tells me setup incomplete because of metered connection. OK, so I go into Network settings and disable the metered connection. Switch back to devices, and voila! the connection is happy dappy doody. Go back to Network settings and re-enable metered connection (I want to approve updates, which is my right). Back to Devices, and suddenly the Bluetooth connection which was A-OK is suddenly having an incomplete setup for a completely unrelated issue.

Bluetooth and WiFi are not the same technology. Why are we (end users) being hamstrung for our Bluetooth usage because we want to utilize a metered WiFi connection?

Expecting no satisfactory answer to that question, how can I get my Bluetooth connections to remain solid with my WiFi connection set to metered?

I also do not expect that to be answered satisfactorily.

Frustrated, paying customer.

:)

Hegrekarde, Oct 7, 2018

2. Setup incomplete because of a metered connection windows 10 / Bluetooth Device / LTE Connection

Hello

I have a Microsoft Arc Bluetooth Mouse which was working verry well until today. Now the Bluetooth manager tells me that "Setup incomplete because of a metered connection". I'm using a LTE connection to work mobile.

It's quite strange that Windows 10 want to connect to the internet for a repairing of my bluetooth mouse since the mouse was installed (paired) and worked perfectly

thanks for your assistance

stubenfluge, Oct 7, 2018
  3. Bluetooth Metered Connection.

When I tried to connect my bluetooth speaker to my windows 10 laptop it is showing that "setup incomplete because of a metered connection". but other devices are getting paired and the speaker is also getting paired with other mobiles.

Bharathvaj_P, Oct 7, 2018
  4. Bluetooth connection setup incomplete because of metered connection

setup incomplete because of a metered connection for miracast install

I have use Miracast type Anycast. I use Toshiba TV, and use Toshiba Satelite, Before i using Windows 8.1 and can't connect to my Miracast, the error is setup incomplete because of a metered connection, so it can't connect to wireless projector, i upgrade
    my windows to Windows 10, and still have same problem. Please suggest about this.

Thank you

RoyantoNainggolan, Oct 7, 2018
Thema:

Bluetooth connection setup incomplete because of metered connection

1. Bluetooth connection setup incomplete because of metered connection - Similar Threads - Bluetooth connection setup

2. Metered connection

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Metered connection: What can I do when I can't download my Windows Updates because I am on a metered connection. I went to check on my Windows Updates and found a message that said I needed to check if I was on unmetered connection. If not, I may get charged for downloading them. I am on an...
  3. Fix Setup incomplete because of a metered connection error on Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Fix Setup incomplete because of a metered connection error on Windows 10: [ATTACH]Some Windows 10 users are experiencing an error when they try to connect a Bluetooth device, they see “Setup incomplete because of a metered connection“. Because of this, you won’t be able to use your Bluetooth device. In this article, we are going to fix the error....
  4. SETUP INCOMPLETE BECAUSE OF A METERED CONNECTION

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    SETUP INCOMPLETE BECAUSE OF A METERED CONNECTION: HELLO, I CANT CONNECT MY PC TO ANY OF MY BLUETOOTH DEVICES IT IS WRITTEN THAT SETUP INCOMPLETE BECAUSE OF A METERED CONNECTION PLEASE HELP https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/setup-incomplete-because-of-a-metered-connection/f670654d-e9d0-4793-aece-5331e84c5b63
  5. new printer wont' connect, says setup incomplete due to metered connection

new printer wont' connect, says setup incomplete due to metered connection: new printer wont' connect, says setup incomplete due to metered connection https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/new-printer-wont-connect-says-setup-incomplete-due/92c54a20-b88d-47e0-99dd-c57e48c9b98d
  6. Metered Connection

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Metered Connection: A while back I was having troubles downloading all the Windows 10 updates. Call tech support and bottom line they set my computer to a metered connection. That solved my problems. It worked. Me internet provider only supplies me with 10 mbps of download speed. Yesterday I...
  7. printer setup incomplete because of a metered connection

printer setup incomplete because of a metered connection: printer setup incomplete because of a metered connection https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/printer-setup-incomplete-because-of-a-metered/ae5cc16c-1f06-48d3-8ab9-1053d4fbfdbb
  8. My printer says setup incomplete due to a metered connection. Now what?

My printer says setup incomplete due to a metered connection. Now what?: My printer says setup incomplete due to a metered connection. Now what? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-printer-says-setup-incomplete-due-to-a-metered/f23ebeb8-aa23-47a0-a007-e02bd8dd3935
  9. METERED CONNECTION

METERED CONNECTION: I must have pressed something because now when I open my Outlook to check my mail I get a message about me being on a metered connection. How do I turn that warning off? Many Thankx Jeff...
  10. Metered Connection

Metered Connection: I can't seem to change my WiFi settings to meteted connection on windows 10. I have gone through the steps on the microsoft site and when I get to manage know networks and I select any of my networks it's shows me either share, or forget, buh doesn't show me properties. How...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. my bluetooth device isnt recognized it shows setup incomplete no internet connection

2. bluetooth setup incomplete connect to the internet

3. bluetooth setup incomplete. Restart your pc message

4. bluetooth metered connection