Windows 10: Bluetooth constantly cutting in and out since last Windows update

Discus and support Bluetooth constantly cutting in and out since last Windows update in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I've got some Bluetooth headphones that I use regularly. They were working completely fine with my Windows 10 PC until the most recent update, now... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by TurkeyMirage, Jan 26, 2019.

1. Bluetooth constantly cutting in and out since last Windows update

I've got some Bluetooth headphones that I use regularly. They were working completely fine with my Windows 10 PC until the most recent update, now Bluetooth constantly gets choppy and distorted or straight up cuts out. It's super frustrating. I'm using a Bluetooth USB adapter because my PC doesn't support Bluetooth on its own.

1. Uninstalling and reinstalling Bluetooth drivers (several times)
    2. Disabling the 'Hands-Free' sound device in Control Panel and in Device Manager
    3. Setting 'Headphones' as the default sound device
    4. Disabling all sound enhancements
    5. Enabling Windows Sonic for headphones
    6. Toggling Bluetooth on / off and re-pairing the headphones

It only happens on my main PC. It doesn't happen on my Windows 10 laptop or my phone. I can't System Restore or Reset PC (it would take way too much time to back up everything and I'm in the middle of several work-related projects). Any suggestions? Bluetooth constantly cutting in and out since last Windows update :(

:)

TurkeyMirage, Jan 26, 2019
  2. aasim1111 Win User

Bluetooth in windows 10

My computer specs are as listed in the profile. I think all of you guys are correct. I don't have built-in Bluetooth in mobo.

I contacted skull candy headphones and thy have told me if I do not have built-in Bluetooth, I would need a dongle which supports at least a2dp. I do not know what the heck that means. I have a feeling I would need more than a cheap dongle.

Anyone suggest some a2dp adapters. I searched but don't know what a2dp is so couldn't make a decision

aasim1111, Jan 26, 2019
  3. P4-630 Win User
    Bluetooth in windows 10

https://www.asus.com/Networking/USBBT211_Mini_Bluetooth_Dongle/

• Support A2DP for Wireless Stereo Music Playback
    Edit: This is a dongle with old BT version I see now, but I'm sure you can find a Asus BT4.0 version.

Edit2:

@aasim1111 I have this one, it doesn't show that it supports A2DP in the specs but I think it'll work, otherwise send a mail to Asus and ask.
    https://www.asus.com/Networking/USBBT400/specifications/

P4-630, Jan 26, 2019
  4. Bluetooth constantly cutting in and out since last Windows update

keyboard bluetooth not work in windows 10

Hello Antonio,

Thank you for responding in Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps:

Steps to update the Bluetooth drivers:

• Press Windows key + X key when you are at the desktop.
    • Select Device Manager.
    • Expand Bluetooth drivers.
    • Right on each of the Bluetooth drivers
      and click on Update driver software.

Hope it helps. Kindly update the status of the issue, we will be happy to help you.

Deepika Gowda, Jan 26, 2019
Thema:

Bluetooth constantly cutting in and out since last Windows update

1. Bluetooth constantly cutting in and out since last Windows update - Similar Threads - Bluetooth constantly cutting

2. Bluetooth headphones constantly cutting out and popping

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bluetooth headphones constantly cutting out and popping: I've been having some trouble for the past few weeks with my Bluetooth headphones connecting to my Windows PC. The audio is constantly cutting out for a few seconds, or skipping forward, or popping, or speeding up randomly, like a scratched up CD. It's been getting...
  3. Bluetooth headphones constantly cutting out and popping

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bluetooth headphones constantly cutting out and popping: I've been having some trouble for the past few weeks with my Bluetooth headphones connecting to my Windows PC. The audio is constantly cutting out for a few seconds, or skipping forward, or popping, or speeding up randomly, like a scratched up CD. It's been getting...
  4. Bluetooth cutting out

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bluetooth cutting out: So I bought a bluetooth adapter in order to connect my smart speaker and Xbox controller to my PC wirelessly. For some reason, every time I use the bluetooth, it inevitably cuts out. For instance, right now I am listening to an album on the speaker. It has briefly shut off...
  5. Bluetooth cutting out

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bluetooth cutting out: So I bought a bluetooth adapter in order to connect my smart speaker and Xbox controller to my PC wirelessly. For some reason, every time I use the bluetooth, it inevitably cuts out. For instance, right now I am listening to an album on the speaker. It has briefly shut off...
  6. Constant BSOD since last Windows 10 update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Constant BSOD since last Windows 10 update: Hi all Ever since the latest windows 10 update I've been bombarded with constant BSOD errors. My PC has become that unstable that it'll sometimes even crash every 5 minutes. Every time the BSOD is about the same thing: error code 0x0000001e 0xffffffffc0000094,...
  7. Bluetooth not working since last Windows updates

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Bluetooth not working since last Windows updates: Split from this thread. Same problem. I have a new-ish Dell Inspiron 5493 with Win 10 Home. Microsoft just updated the OS this evening and now my Bluetooth mouse is gone. So I go to Bluetooth settings and where there's normally a slider switch icon to turn Bluetooth...
  8. Bluetooth issue since last Windows update

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Bluetooth issue since last Windows update: And I've tried everything to fix it. Basically there's no options to turn bluetooth on anymore. Always used to be but since last Windows update its seemed to have gone? Am I the only one? Also had the search bar broken but managed to fix that. submitted by /u/deport...
  9. Bluetooth headphones cutting out constantly

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Bluetooth headphones cutting out constantly: Hey, I own a set of bluetooth headphones that cut out pretty consistently when I'm using them on Windows 10 (Home, x64). This problem has started in the last couple of weeks and they were working fine before that, and the headphones work fine on a different Win10 laptop I...
  10. Bluetooth connectivity since last windows update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Bluetooth connectivity since last windows update: Since the latest windows update March 2019 I am unable to connect by Microsoft designer keyboard and mouse with Bluetooth. When I try to connect the keyboard it comes up on the screen . I type in the number shown and it tells me keyboard connected but the blinking light is...