Windows 10: Bluetooth controller stops working in game pass game

Discus and support Bluetooth controller stops working in game pass game in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I have an Xbox One controller that i use to play games on pc via bluetooth. It works fine for the most part, that is until i walk away. Once the screen... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by tasteepaincakes, Sep 6, 2020.

1. Bluetooth controller stops working in game pass game

I have an Xbox One controller that i use to play games on pc via bluetooth. It works fine for the most part, that is until i walk away. Once the screen saver starts, and the controller times out to auto off, when i bring everything back awake, the controller no longer works in game. It is on and connected, it will still bring up the X Guide, and will work outside of the game if I alt-tab out, but will not work in the game until I restart the program. I have tested it on onther games and it only seems to be a problem with games from the microsoft store, not steam or epic or GOG, and it also doesnt happen if only one of the events occur i.e. screensaver or auto controller shut off, both must occur for the issue to begin. Ive spent a ton of time trying to figure this out, to no avail, so any help would be great

:)

tasteepaincakes, Sep 6, 2020

2. Can't install games with game pass

Hi Ashenath,

If you can’t install Game Pass Games on your PC, follow these suggestions:

Check if you have the right Game Pass

Clear Cache of Xbox Game Pass App

Update to the latest Windows 10 version,viz v1903

Admin privileges for Games

Give Admin privileges for Games

Check Windows Store Apps Troubleshooter

Repair Game if it keeps crashing or doesn’t work

Cannot Sign in to Xbox Live

If these steps didn't work, you can visit this link for further information:

https://www.thewindowsclub.com/cant-install-gam...

Feel free to give me feedback about this issue.

Thanks and regards,

RichardGuerzon, Sep 6, 2020
  3. XBox one controller stopped working in games

Hi

Up until recently my XBox One controller was working fine. Last time I player for about 30 minutes with it in Destiny 2, I think it was around a month ago or so.

Today I wanted to play a games entirely on XBox One, and had plans with my wife for it, and was very disappointed when XBox One controlled did not work. I started to dig the issue and read forums. I already spent over 2 hours trying to solve this. Here are
    some details.

Symptoms:

• I connect XBox One controller with a USB cable
    • After connecting it takes it 2-5 seconds to initialize. After that it works for 1 second, and then it stops working.
    • It always works in calibration program ("Set up USB game controllers")
    • Once it opened Game bar and worked there, but not in the game
    • In Little Nightmares if I click the XBox button (main one) the game screen slightly flashes brighter, but game won't switch to controller mode and no other buttons work
    • XBox Accessories app only recognizes it after I reboot my PC. The rest of the time it tell me that I need to connect the controller.

Steps tried:

• I tried about 5 different micro USB cables
    • I checked drivers in Device manager - they are up to date
    • I checked firmware verison XBox Accesories app tell me it is up to date
    • I tried it with other games, lik Ark, Destiny
    • I tried killing some overlay services, after killing Game bar it worked for a few seconds but then stopped working again

Please, help me. This issue totally ruined my evening.

Maybe I'm oldschool, but I'm used to such things like GAMEPADS - WORKING 24\7.

[Moved from: Windows/ Gaming on Windows 10]

MichaelDavydov, Sep 6, 2020
  4. Bluetooth controller stops working in game pass game

Game controller ID settings

Hi Joe,

Thank you for the update. I understand your concern.

I would suggest you to look for the Devices settings in Control Panel and check if the game controllers are listed. If so, refer to the following steps to alter the settings and check if these are helpful in resolving your issue.

a. Right click on one of your game controllers and click Game Controller Settings. Note where in the list it is. If it is not at the top proceed to the next step.

b. Right click and remove all your other controllers (not the 360/gamepad) and let them reinstall automatically.

c. Once complete right click and check the list again and see if the 360 controller/gamepad is at the top. If so, give the game another try and see if it detects your controller.

If the issue still persists, restart your console and then try to reconnect your controller.

Hope this information is helpful. Please post back your results for further assistance.

Harkanwar Singh, Sep 6, 2020
Thema:

Bluetooth controller stops working in game pass game

1. Bluetooth controller stops working in game pass game - Similar Threads - Bluetooth controller stops

2. On PC with Game Pass Controller is Glitching

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    On PC with Game Pass Controller is Glitching: When I try to move my joystick while playing a game. It looks like the controls from the game switch between the controller setting and keyboard and mouse setting. In fact when I move my right joystick around it also moves the mouse cursor around.I am using the basic xbox one...
  3. On PC with Game Pass Controller is Glitching

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    On PC with Game Pass Controller is Glitching: When I try to move my joystick while playing a game. It looks like the controls from the game switch between the controller setting and keyboard and mouse setting. In fact when I move my right joystick around it also moves the mouse cursor around.I am using the basic xbox one...
  4. game pass not working.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    game pass not working.: I try to launch a game and it redirects me to microsoft store and tells me to download game services... which i already have downloaded? Im very confused as when i try to install it it just doesnt and i also cant install it so idk whats going on....
  5. game pass not working.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    game pass not working.: I try to launch a game and it redirects me to microsoft store and tells me to download game services... which i already have downloaded? Im very confused as when i try to install it it just doesnt and i also cant install it so idk whats going on....
  6. Controller not working on some Xbox Game Pass PC games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Controller not working on some Xbox Game Pass PC games: Hi, recently i started my Xbox Game Pass subscription for PC and have been playing a lot. However, i installed Ori And The Blind Forest and my controller doesn't work. I use a Razer Serval to play. Sometimes when i can't use the controller i just use the x360ce controller...
  7. Bluetooth controller stops working in game

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Bluetooth controller stops working in game: I have an Xbox One controller that i use to play games on pc via bluetooth. It works fine for the most part, until i recently started playing Final Fantasy XV. That is until i walk away. Once the screen saver starts, and the controller times out to auto off, when i bring...
  8. Game pass for PC games not working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Game pass for PC games not working: I recently built a new PC and since then, every game on Xbox game pass on PC doesn't work. Whenever I try to launch a game, nothing happens. I have tried resetting windows, and restarting my PC. Games/apps that I own work fine, only games on game pass don't work. PC...
  9. Game pass games won't work

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Game pass games won't work: I can't seem to run Gears 5 or The Outer Worlds, any help would be greatly appreciated. Whenever I run them I get this error code. "Location of exe... File system error (-1069586941)" When I try to download Gears of War 4 I get this error too: Something unexpected...
  10. Game pass games won't work

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Game pass games won't work: I can't seem to run Gears 5 or The Outer Worlds, any help would be greatly appreciated. Whenever I run them I get this error code. "Location of exe... File system error (-1069586941)" When I try to download Gears of War 4 I get this error too: Something unexpected...