Windows 10: Bluetooth controller will only connect when i open settings > devices

Discus and support Bluetooth controller will only connect when i open settings > devices in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; same issue as an individual posted about here some time ago... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by klepp0906, May 22, 2020.

1. klepp0906 Win User

Bluetooth controller will only connect when i open settings > devices

same issue as an individual posted about here some time ago

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bluetooth-devices-only-connecting-when-settings/d2a1c576-343d-4a5c-9617-a83320482606

I am on a fully updated windows 10 with the newest bluetooth drivers for my adapter. This wasnt always the case, it used to connect properly. Not sure if this is the result of microsoft or a driver as I dont know when it began, just when i noticed it. I havent gamed at the pc in awhile but that didnt stop me from updating windows or drivers from time to time.

Anyone seen this before? Happening with my xbox controller each time fail none. If i want it to connect, I have to open up settings>devices and it connects the minute i do.

:)

klepp0906, May 22, 2020
  2. Naresh_K Win User

Bluetooth Device Control

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Usually you are able to play music from your phone on your Computer. You will need to pair the phone first and if A2DP (Advanced Audio Distribution Profile) support is available on the phone, it will show an option to Play
    Music under Audio and Video operation section. Click on the link to activate the control. To check the options, please follow the steps mentioned below:

1. Open Control panel (by searching it on start menu).
    2. Then click on Devices.
    3. Right click on the phone which is already paired. If the phone is not paired (not connected via Bluetooth), please pair it.
    4. Then click on Bluetooth
      Operations.
    5. You should be able to view all the Bluetooth Device Operations and Settings.

Hope it helps.

Naresh_K, May 22, 2020
  3. Bluetooth devices only connecting when settings opened.

1. This issue has existed since I got the keyboard and mouse.

2. I have tried with the drivers that windows automatically installs and the latest 64 bit Windows 10 drivers from Broadcom.

3. No other changes have been made as this is a fresh install of windows.

4. There are no error messages at all. It just doesn't connect until I open Bluetooth settings. It then connect automatically without me needing to press anything else.

5. I have tried different USB ports. Tried with just the keyboard in use and a wired mouse, still the same. I have uninstalled the devices and Bluetooth in device manager and done full reinstalls of both. I have set the bluetooth controller to not power
    off to save energy. I have set my PC to be discoverable as well.

So far nothing has made a difference. Both input devices work perfectly fine but just won't reconnect until the show Bluetooth devices menu is open and the PC then looks for Bluetooth devices.

If I could add the Bluetooth window to startup I could live with that. I can add settings/control panel to startup but unsure how to get a menu within it to open automatically.

shinobi2600, May 22, 2020
  4. Arun B J Win User

'Allow a device to connect' is greyed out

Hi,

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve the issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

Step 1: Run Hardware and Device troubleshooter.

Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with hardware and devices. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with your USB Port. Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select
      Control panel.

• Change the view by option on the top
      right to Large icons.

• Click on troubleshooting and click on the
      view all option on the left panel.

• Run the Hardware and devices troubleshooter.
    Step 2: I suggest you to check the Bluetooth Settings and check if it helps.

• Open Control Panel by clicking the
      Windows + X,

• In the Control Panel search box, type
      Bluetooth, and then click Change Bluetooth settings.

• In the Bluetooth Settings dialog box, click the
      Options tab and do any of the following:

• To make your computer discoverable to Bluetooth enabled devices, select the check box for
      Allow Bluetooth devices to find this computer.

• To allow you to add Bluetooth enabled devices to your computer, select the check box for
      Allow Bluetooth devices to connect to this computer.

• To be notified when a Bluetooth enabled device is trying to connect to your computer, select the check box for
      Alert me when a new Bluetooth device wants to connect.

Keep us posted on this issue so that we can assist you better.

Arun B J, May 22, 2020
Thema:

1. Bluetooth controller will only connect when i open settings > devices - Similar Threads - Bluetooth controller connect

2. Bluetooth device only connects as voice and connects without bluetooth HDMI

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bluetooth device only connects as voice and connects without bluetooth HDMI: I had this issue with a pair of headphones before but i managed to fix it by fiddling with the remove device option a few times but i've restarted my pc, disabled the device, restarted my bluetooth services and removed the device and no matter what I do the device always...
  3. Bluetooth device only connects as voice and connects without bluetooth HDMI

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bluetooth device only connects as voice and connects without bluetooth HDMI: I had this issue with a pair of headphones before but i managed to fix it by fiddling with the remove device option a few times but i've restarted my pc, disabled the device, restarted my bluetooth services and removed the device and no matter what I do the device always...
  4. Bluetooth device only connects as voice and connects without bluetooth HDMI

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Bluetooth device connected, but not connected in sound settings

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bluetooth device connected, but not connected in sound settings: I have bluetooth headphones that are paired, but stuck in hands free mode. I tried going in the sound settings and pressing connect on them but it doesnt do anything...
  6. Bluetooth device connected, but not connected in sound settings

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bluetooth device connected, but not connected in sound settings: I have bluetooth headphones that are paired, but stuck in hands free mode. I tried going in the sound settings and pressing connect on them but it doesnt do anything...
  7. Cannot open sound setting when connect with the bluetooth audio device

Cannot open sound setting when connect with the bluetooth audio device: From the latest update, this happens to me. Do you have any solution to solve this thing? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-open-sound-setting-when-connect-with-the/71c557ad-d842-4e08-af40-17662d3c8f38
  8. Bluetooth device will only connect as ''Voice''.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Bluetooth device will only connect as ''Voice''.: My bluetooth headsets were working fine before one day, all my headphones would only connect to ''Voice'', nothing else. I tried updating the drivers, I tried everything I could try....
  9. Bluetooth Device Connected Only Voice

Bluetooth Device Connected Only Voice: Hello, so i have a bluetooth headphone which i bought like 5 years ago, it worked always fine and it still does on my smartphone. one day i connected it to my win 10 laptop as usual to listen to some music, after it connected i opened the youtube website and started...
  10. Bluetooth mouse only connects when looking for other devices

Bluetooth mouse only connects when looking for other devices: My bluetooth mouse only reconnects when I go through device manager in settings and go through the process of adding a new "bluetooth or other device". I use a Surface Pro 4 and up until this week I have just used the track pad on the keyboard that snaps to the bottom. I...